STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Hard to beleive someone Out there living in the civalized world hasn’t seen ANY of the other movies or even cartoons or whatever.

But alas, yes that’s what’s got eveones panties bunches up and jimmies rustling uncontrollably, it’s the worst SW movie ever by a long mother fucking shot. And shits on the original characters

I don't know if it's because I'm unfamiliar with the tone of the movies, but that felt like a spoof of what I was expecting. I mean the performances, some of the set pieces, the dialogue.... I don't want to sound mean but I felt like an 11 year old me would of felt too grown up for it. Any instance where it approached something meaningful felt so forced it was just coming off like parody. There was nothing thought-provoking or boundary pushing, it was just.... ugh.

Honestly, it was like a group of 10 year olds stole the movie studio their dads' run, and decided they wanted to make a Star Wars movie. That's what it felt like. And it's weird because I thought the main issues were simply how it connects to the rest of the movies. I can't imagine that problem being tacked on to all the other ones. Dear god.

I don't know if it's because I'm unfamiliar with the tone of the movies, but that felt like a spoof of what I was expecting. I mean the performances, some of the set pieces, the dialogue.... I don't want to sound mean but I felt like an 11 year old me would of felt too grown up for it. Any instance where it approached something meaningful felt so forced it was just coming off like parody. There was nothing thought-provoking or boundary pushing, it was just.... ugh.

Honestly, it was like a group of 10 year olds stole the movie studio their dads' run, and decided they wanted to make a Star Wars movie. That's what it felt like. And it's weird because I thought the main issues were simply how it connects to the rest of the movies. I can't imagine that problem being tacked on to all the other ones. Dear god.

It was almost like if scary movie was a legit scream sequal done by the same studio.

That’s how it feels

It was almost like if scary movie was a legit scream sequal done by the same studio.

That’s how it feels

Exactly. Only they took out the quality humor and replaced it with scenes trying to be emotional. So you can't even watch it sarcastically while high.

Hard to beleive someone Out there living in the civalized world hasn’t seen ANY of the other movies or even cartoons or whatever.

They're out there:

The problem is, as that video shows, that the kind of person who would go their entire life without watching any of the Star Wars movies is also the kind of person who would not enjoy them if they did.

Last edited:
So strange new theories that Johnson has kinda of confirmed may be true.

1. Luke’s not dead, he transported himself somewhere. No metal hand drop. Johnson has been filmed saying the metal band didn’t drop for a reason. And Luke might be alive

2. Luke was already dead, same reasoning.

Seems like they are flopping around trying to fix obvious flaws and or trying to get people back.

1. Luke’s not dead, he transported himself somewhere. No metal hand drop. Johnson has been filmed saying the metal band didn’t drop for a reason. And Luke might be alive

Seems like they are flopping around trying to fix obvious flaws and or trying to get people back.

I'd say Disney lost 300 million dollars killing Luke the way they did in the last jedi and that will roll over into episode 9 in which they'll lose even more if they keep him dead.

This decision cost Disney hundreds of millions of dollars and they know it

I'd say Disney lost 300 million dollars killing Luke the way they did in the last jedi and that will roll over into episode 9 in which they'll lose even more if they keep him dead.

Exactly,

Damn we killed han, killed luke and Leia died from the loss like padme did no longer having the will to live.

We lost a shit ton of money, maybe just maybe we should have looked back at all the hate from the prequels and tried not to follow in their footsteps and prequel it up a few notches.

How the fuck can we save this?

Someone in Disney: rian had a huge continuity mistake with Luke’s metal hand not falling to the floor like obi-wans lightsaber did.

So we can go two directions, he’s still alive and transported his ass with yet another ubsurd force power we just made up

Or he’s already dead and just needed a break. He’s got the force ghost powers Obi Wan spike of but no one else has been able to reach yet(besides yoda who can now throw force lightning as a ghost)

Wankers. Fucking wankers.

They fucked it up, please don’t try to fix it with silly shit.

How about just making sure this next movie doesn’t suck and make a good damn movie that makes sense

I bought the DVD and having rewatched it at home a few things people have been saying are more clear and apparent. You may be right. After a few times the dialogue is clunky, the story points seem arbitrary, and I can't escape this atmosphere of slanted writing motivated by trendy new themes that don't feel like STAR WARS but rather almost an insult.

Spoilers for those who've not seen it yet:

SIKEEEEEEEEEE, YOU STUPID BITCHES!
This movie still beats your ugly face, you goddamn monkey man-child.

Mark my words in five, ten, twenty, or however long it takes: you'll either come around to the light side of the Force, or die.

One new thing I did see was that while everyone says Rey beat Kylo because she's a Mary Sue, not only does she easily get her staff taken away by Luke and manhandled bodily by Snoke -- when she and Kylo duel Snoke's guard she struggles with her, like, two opponents while Kylo murks the remaining hundred and seventy red ninjas (give or take).

Let it be known and reminded that I said Luke doesn't have to be dead and the movie doesn't confirm he is dead just cuz of the fade away. I specifically said he could be teleported elsewhere.

Still, the shit has its work cut out for them, but that would be 1 big fix.

Even from the haters, I've read and heard that the throne room fight was one of the better parts of the movie.

Not to me. Shit was cheesy, anticlimactic, and there was nothing at stake nor worth fighting for.. Not to mention, mother of christ, if people thought Phantom was merely just choreography, then this STILL looks like a dance number out of Chicago.

Even from the haters, I've read and heard that the throne room fight was one of the better parts of the movie.

Not to me. Shit was cheesy, anticlimactic, and there was nothing at stake nor worth fighting for.. Not to mention, mother of christ, if people thought Phantom was merely just choreography, then this STILL looks like a dance number out of Chicago.

Yeah i was like oh come on.

It’s like he read some old ass fan suggestions that Luke should have turned his lightsaber on the emperor like that and said damn, I’m gonna shit on all the recent fan shit and copy some old ass fan shit people forgot about.

And then make it a fucking point to be the first Star Wars movie ever to not have lightsabers touch each other, besides rouge one. That only had one lightsaber in it so there was no way for it to happen.

Jesus.

I bought the DVD and having rewatched it at home a few things people have been saying are more clear and apparent. You may be right. After a few times the dialogue is clunky, the story points seem arbitrary, and I can't escape this atmosphere of slanted writing motivated by trendy new themes that don't feel like STAR WARS but rather almost an insult.

Spoilers for those who've not seen it yet:

SIKEEEEEEEEEE, YOU STUPID BITCHES!
This movie still beats your ugly face, you goddamn monkey man-child.

Mark my words in five, ten, twenty, or however long it takes: you'll either come around to the light side of the Force, or die.

One new thing I did see was that while everyone says Rey beat Kylo because she's a Mary Sue, not only does she easily get her staff taken away by Luke and manhandled bodily by Snoke -- when she and Kylo duel Snoke's guard she struggles with her, like, two opponents while Kylo murks the remaining hundred and seventy red ninjas (give or take).

I thought she had to save Kylo from them? Guess I need to actually rewatch it but it’s hard to bring myself too.

I bought it for my kid. He watched 20 mins of it. Pulled it out and put empire in. Lol.

yeah this movie is dog shit. *weekly last jedi post*

Lol, you guys must be on some powerful drugs. (if not doing it for a laugh)

Yeah

They are going to see a big time drop off in gross. Think like Matrix Revolutions-esque dropoff.

No doubt in my mind there are going to be a lot of people who sit the third one out cause they feel all the major draws are gone.

Yeah

They are going to see a big time drop off in gross. Think like Matrix Revolutions-esque dropoff.

No doubt in my mind there are going to be a lot of people who sit the third one out cause they feel all the major draws are gone.

Not just because luke and han are gone but by killing any suspense or questions for the next movie.

Snokes dead, rey is a nobody and Kylo is a whinny bitch.

Who cares

Back