STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
If it were left to you guys lightsabres would ejaculate. Molten lava. Or Mountain Dew.

That's exactly what I mean: your way.

I know it sounds odd but Rey isn't adept at the Force until the end; she's filled with conflict. With Kylo on the other hand you have a point, but in the narrative he might have expended all his confrontation slipping Snoke a mickey. Fights don't always go according to paper, and I kinda think it's cheap people use the Rule of Cool in the opposite way as intended. If it's not cool it doesn't work.

I know it sounds odd but Rey isn't adept at the Force until the end; she's filled with conflict. With Kylo on the other hand you have a point, but in the narrative he might have expended all his confrontation slipping Snoke a mickey. Fights don't always go according to paper, and I kinda think it's cheap people use the Rule of Cool in the opposite way as intended. If it's not cool it doesn't work.
Rey has never shown any trouble using telekinesis...come on.

There was no reason for them not to use force powers. I understand that it'd be boring if they only used it to win, but to not use them at all especially when they're in danger was dumb.

Rey has never shown any trouble using telekinesis...come on.

There was no reason for them not to use force powers. I understand that it'd be boring if they only used it to win, but to not use them at all especially when they're in danger was dumb.

Exactly, she just happens to know how to Jedi mind trick a storm trooper when she’s never even seen anyone else do it.

And lots of other Jedi have failed miserably trying. Obi Wan was shown to basically have the most success at it.

We see qui gon try and fail, luke with some success and failures and rey. Has no idea about it and just pulls it out of her ass and succeeds first time trying.

True enough, even Luke who was at his strongest in ROTJ didn’t use his force powers when dealing with Jabba’s goons on the sail barge. If that movie came out now, I guess people would be saying why didn’t he just force push them into the sarlacc pit

True enough, even Luke who was at his strongest in ROTJ didn’t use his force powers when dealing with Jabba’s goons on the sail barge. If that movie came out now, I guess people would be saying why didn’t he just force push them into the sarlacc pit
We had never seen force push at the time of return of the Jedi.

That didn’t come till later(from a certain point of view) in the prequels and video games.

Vader used to force choke and lift fools but never force pushed.

It's weird TFA's sins are being foisted on TLJ. Rey sucks in JEDI. She got Forced to come straight to Snoke who bent her like a pretzel, and you don't think she wasn't trying everything she could conjure to stop him?

The movies just garbage. Yoda tells luke the Jedi teachings mean nothing wtf then why even have fucking Jedi in the first place? Luke, the guy that thinks he can redeem Vader, the most evil man in the galaxy, tries to kill kylo just cause he thinks he's evil? It's just awful.

It's weird TFA's sins are being foisted on TLJ. Rey sucks in JEDI. She got Forced to come straight to Snoke who bent her like a pretzel, and you don't think she wasn't trying everything she could conjure to stop him?
Finished reading the novelization and yep Rey tried her hardest to block her thoughts but Snoke was sifting through her thoughts like he was reading a catalogue, she was pissed at herself for not being able to resist

We had never seen force push at the time of return of the Jedi.

That didn’t come till later(from a certain point of view) in the prequels and video games.

Vader used to force choke and lift fools but never force pushed.
I love the line “from a certain point of view”. Can be used to explain or excuse so many things. Ol’ Obi-wan was sneaky with that!

Exactly,

Damn we killed han, killed luke and Leia died from the loss like padme did no longer having the will to live.

We lost a shit ton of money, maybe just maybe we should have looked back at all the hate from the prequels and tried not to follow in their footsteps and prequel it up a few notches.

How the fuck can we save this?

Someone in Disney: rian had a huge continuity mistake with Luke’s metal hand not falling to the floor like obi-wans lightsaber did.

So we can go two directions, he’s still alive and transported his ass with yet another ubsurd force power we just made up

Or he’s already dead and just needed a break. He’s got the force ghost powers Obi Wan spike of but no one else has been able to reach yet(besides yoda who can now throw force lightning as a ghost)

Wankers. Fucking wankers.

They fucked it up, please don’t try to fix it with silly shit.

How about just making sure this next movie doesn’t suck and make a good damn movie that makes sense

Luke just faded off to go have a shower and shave. That's how jedis do that.

Thats about what i would expect from rian if he were directing the third...

And dipshits in this thread (they know who they are) would defend such a stupid notion.

"Isn't it funny? The gotcha ya! We are doing something different, kill the past, children's humor of it all!?"

Last edited:
Yoda tells luke the Jedi teachings mean nothing wtf then why even have fucking Jedi in the first place?

Luke, the guy that thinks he can redeem Vader, the most evil man in the galaxy, tries to kill kylo just cause he thinks he's evil? It's just awful.

You missed the point in that scene. It's not that they mean nothing is that the information in those books is already obtained by Luke and Rey, they could write them down, plus Rey took the books.

Of course Yoda was upset he / the Jedi failed to stop Palp that's why he isolated himself but in the end he maintained some hope and decided to teach Luke hence the revelation that "we are what they grow beyond".

Luke turned Vader but that's not a guaranteed he can do it again just cause he is family with Kylo plus that was young, full of hope, naive even Luke and that itself was a gamble that paid off but could easily have went the other way.. with Kylo he seems him to contaminated and he screwed up big time in that night and was ashamed badly of himself for that until the last moment of the movie.

White guys are just mad there's a woman and people of color in starring roles. If white guys gonna be that mad, no coincidence then that the bad guys are white guys in the movie rofl
Get outta my head, Charles!

Saw it for the second time last night. The whole Holdo thing left a bad taste in my mouth.

Still enjoyed it overall though.

The scene with Yoda might be the worst scene in starwars history for me, I was actually in a state of disbelief when watching it wondering whether this was some kind of shift into black comedy at Star wars expense.

For one thing it looks aweful, Yoda looks far too solid relative to the previous force ghosts and the puppet looks like its melted in storage with the face becoming way too bulbous. For another the personality is more like the "crazy yoda" act he puts on for Luke when we first meet him, as if those involved didn't understand what they were seeing in Empire at all.

Then of course casually blasting the temple, making a silly joke and telling us Rey posses all the knowledge within said books.

The scene with Yoda might be the worst scene in starwars history for me, I was actually in a state of disbelief when watching it wondering whether this was some kind of shift into black comedy at Star wars expense.

For one thing it looks aweful, Yoda looks far too solid relative to the previous force ghosts and the puppet looks like its melted in storage with the face becoming way too bulbous. For another the personality is more like the "crazy yoda" act he puts on for Luke when we first meet him, as if those involved didn't understand what they were seeing in Empire at all.

Then of course casually blasting the temple, making a silly joke and telling us Rey posses all the knowledge within said books.

The whole Yoda scene is kind of when I checked out. That entire scene felt like fan fiction to me.

Back