STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Finally saw this shite. More shameful recycles of used plots. Should've been named 'An Old Hope' or 'Return of Return of the Jedi'

I'd like to thank everyone sacrificing themselves to watching 2nd viewings and those that link user reviews. I don't know how you guys can do it. Thank you. It's truly been a release to participate in damning this movie and being reminded of crusts of the shitty edges in this pile of rubbish gives me additional discussion banter that I'd otherwise had forgotten.

I don't hate the movie. If I did, forgetting it may be necessary for my health.

Well, having finally watched it on demand, I can only say that it's the first one (outside of Clones) that I'll probably never watch again. Had a few cool scenes but just boring and fairly... Stupid.

Last edited:
5464e47ddd74058c3410e7e2.jpg

There IS one aspect in which the franchise is going in the wrong direction.

Rey_Gon_Cray.jpg

For another the personality is more like the "crazy yoda" act he puts on for Luke when we first meet him, as if those involved didn't understand what they were seeing in Empire at all.

Then of course casually blasting the temple, making a silly joke and telling us Rey posses all the knowledge within said books.

Is it unreasonable to consider Yoda's nuttier personality MIGHT BE his default personality, but he knows when to dial it back, like when lamenting Luke is unteachable?

He is repeating Luke's lesson back to him. There are more parallels within the film than I'd first grasped. Poe realizes Luke's gambit is intended to stall, which is because he was stalling at the beginning of the film. Luke wanted to tell Rey the Jedi needed to end, so Yoda reinforces it back to him; the real lesson here is that apprentices become masters by making their masters obsolete. Luke reveals he almost killed Kylo in a moment of weakness, which comes right after Rey almost killing Luke in the same kind of moment. Plus, Finn says, "That smelled great" and Han says, "I thought [taun-tauns] smelled bad on the outside!"

Last edited:
Rey is so hott it makes the film better. They should have given her the same muscle shirt Luke had during his training days..

Holy hell I just read that there are quite a few people calling this one of the best star wars, some even saying its better than ESB. Are they just trolling?

I don't know why you're surprised. I'm sure there are people trolling but for a generation of kids who grew up with Michael Bay's Transformers this is a fucking masterpiece with an engaging narrative.

I just watched it on Monday and stopped midway for a nap. It's easy to call it garbage - it's garbage by every standard - but the real issue is that I'll be home in about 45 minutes and I'll probably find another dead baby rabbit on my kitchen floor and another half-eaten remote control. And the husky will continue to pretend nothing happened. And the troops will remain in Iran for another 5 years. And the plebs will forget that the Rock had a very pleasant dinner with the Saudi prince with a human rights track record that can generously be described as sketchy.

We must disabuse ourselves of the notion that we're better than the world we inhabit. The sooner the better.

Even from the haters, I've read and heard that the throne room fight was one of the better parts of the movie.

Not to me. Shit was cheesy, anticlimactic, and there was nothing at stake nor worth fighting for.. Not to mention, mother of christ, if people thought Phantom was merely just choreography, then this STILL looks like a dance number out of Chicago.

That mess looked like rehearsal, with everyone figuring out how camp they can go before feeling uncomfortable with themselves. It seemed the camera operators were occupied searching for new jobs on their phones while trying to follow the "action". Hoping for a director's cut where Luke comes out of a trash chute and offs them both.

Disney has been sucking twitter's dick to get 'Stop Hating Ep8! Please!' messages trending.

People who are dumb enough to fall for it already love The Last Jedi.

I just watched this on the plane coming back from Chicago and it gets worse every time you see it.

So many thing make no sense and are just boring plot points.

The entire rogue squadron gets killed by Kylo Ren and Rian insterts a BB8 joke immediately after. Johnson is a hack

You missed the point in that scene. It's not that they mean nothing is that the information in those books is already obtained by Luke and Rey, they could write them down, plus Rey took the books.

Of course Yoda was upset he / the Jedi failed to stop Palp that's why he isolated himself but in the end he maintained some hope and decided to teach Luke hence the revelation that "we are what they grow beyond".

Luke turned Vader but that's not a guaranteed he can do it again just cause he is family with Kylo plus that was young, full of hope, naive even Luke and that itself was a gamble that paid off but could easily have went the other way.. with Kylo he seems him to contaminated and he screwed up big time in that night and was ashamed badly of himself for that until the last moment of the movie.
It didn't make much sense how wishy washy Luke was.

He throws the lightsaber away, but seems to have a lot of sentimental value for the sacred Jedi texts.

He claims he was going to murder his nephew in his sleep because he "felt" the darkness in him, but didn't go through with it.

He spends an hour telling everyone that he'll never teach another Jedi. Tells R2D2 "There's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind." Then literally a fuckin' second later, R2 brings out the old Leia clip, and "Oh! Well that changes everything!"

It was comically bad.

He throws the lightsaber away, but seems to have a lot of sentimental value for the sacred Jedi texts.
Big difference there.

One is his tool of battle that he has obviously decided against ever wielding again. The books are the last of the ancient jedi teachings.

you cannot compare him giving up one to the weight of giving up the other. They are 2 completely different subjects.

He claims he was going to murder his nephew in his sleep because he "felt" the darkness in him, but didn't go through with it.
It was not a premeditated occurrence. It was a moment of weakness where he got caught up in the moment & freaked out & immediately came to his senses & came out of it. (too late) I have my theories that it will be revealed that Snoke was even manipulating the events. Whether through planting all those dark images into Lukes head, or planting the desire to freak out & draw his light saber. I find it very realistic to believe that the same person that orchestrated the mind meld between Kylo & Rey, could interfere with a communion that Luke & Kylo were having.

Even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, it was still just a split second of that impulse & then Luke backed out of it... so it wasn't like he was really going to do it... & it was not premeditated. it was a freak out moment

He spends an hour telling everyone that he'll never teach another Jedi. Tells R2D2 "There's nothing you can say or do that will change my mind." Then literally a fuckin' second later, R2 brings out the old Leia clip, and "Oh! Well that changes everything!"
It's explained in the novel in greater detail... but you don't even need the novel's description to understand how a mental trigger can change a person. If you are going to sit here & tell me that your personal mental triggers cannot be pressed into making you react then I'm calling Bull sh*t. You are just not giving Luke the same humanity that we all have. We all have triggers. They can make us laugh, cry, become angry, overly emotional etc.... on the flip of a dime we can be swayed if a deep & important trigger is tripped.

That scene was such a trigger in Luke, it woke up isolated boy & showed him that he got a real person in front of him who needs to understand why he can't go fight.

He said that he was going to teach her 3 lessons in order to show her why the Jedi must end. That's actually in line with what he was saying from the beginning of the Ep.

Last edited:
Big difference there.

One is his tool of battle that he has obviously decided against ever wielding again. The books are the last of the ancient jedi teachings.

you cannot compare him giving up one to the weight of giving up the other. They are 2 completely different subjects.

It was not a premeditated occurrence. It was a moment of weakness where he got caught up in the moment & freaked out. I have my theories that it will be revealed that Snoke was even manipulating the events. Whether through planting all those dark images into Lukes head, or planting the desire to freak out & draw his light saber. I find it very realistic to believe that the same person that orchestrated the mind meld between Kylo & Rey, could interfere with a communion that Luke & Kylo were having.

Even if that doesn't turn out to be the case, it was still just a split second of that impulse & then Luke backed out of it... so it wasn't like he was really going to do it... & it was not premeditated. it was a freak out moment

It's explained in the novel in greater detail... but you don't even need the novel's description to understand how a mental trigger can change a person. If you are going to sit here & tell me that your personal mental triggers cannot be pressed into making you react then I'm calling Bull sh*t. You are just not giving Luke the same humanity that we all have. We all have triggers. They can make us laugh, cry, become angry, overly emotional etc.... on the flip of a dime we can be swayed if a deep & important trigger is tripped.

That scene was such a trigger in Luke.

... & all that aside... he said that he was going to teach her 3 lessons in order to show her why the Jedi must end. That's actually in line with what he was saying from the beginning of the Ep.
Aye. The movie was pretty dumb though.

It was not a premeditated occurrence. It was a moment of weakness where he got caught up in the moment & freaked out & immediately came to his senses & came out of it. (too late)

Of course, first Luke has to be entering the bedroom of his sleeping nephew with a weapon, and also choosing to violate his mind while he's asleep, before any of these "momentary lapses in judgment" even become possible.

I'd say that this mind violation of his sleeping nephew is already unforgivable and disgusting.

Back