STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
How about who is he? He's a powerful force user who has been hidden in the unknown territories while he built a massive military.

You seriously think that is enough character development for a main villain?

That's all you need to know for this plot. Your insistence that more is needed is your preference. It is not a fact. Catch the rest in whatever media his story is presented in.... but for this movie's purposes... Snoke was perfectly described.

There's a reason so many people disliked Snoke and Capatain phasma. They were boring, undeveloped, nearly useless characters. You not needing more information is your opinion. It's a fact that they were underdeveloped poorly written characters.

How old is he? It's only a curiosity & not important.

No information about him is important to you.

How did he meet Kylo? he was invested in expanding his feelings throughout the galaxy... Sidious even detected his presence at one time prior to the empire... so he's been doing it a long time. After the empire fell, Snoke continued this practice... & having witnessed the rise & fall of the empire was particularly interested in the Skywalker family... & Ben Solo in particular. He felt like Ben had the right balance of the dark & the light side of the force in him.

Looks like you are trying to do the writers job for them because a lot of that wasn't in the movies at all.

As best as I can tell, Snoke only manipulated him mentally until Ben destroyed Luke's temple & after that would be the first time they actually met face to face.

Pretty good conjecture. It would have been great if something like this was actually in the movie.

What are his plans with Kylo? Extremely likely to the point of being obvious that his intention was for Kylo to be his minion such as Vader was to Sidious.

Well yeah obviously but you think the movie could't do more than that? He must have more specific plans for Kylo which is why he is training him. What are they?

Is he a Sith or something else? Did not follow the Sith religion. No specific religion is named, but he was a practitioner & believer in a mix of light & dark. His ring came from the catacombs beneath Vader's castle on Mustifar.

Nothing about this was in the movie.

Unless you can prove I said it, then why are you blaming me for it? All I've said is that I could see why I might have. You're going on as if I actually called you that. & for the 10,000th time, I don't call everyone a hater just because they don't like the movie. A hater is someone who posts their discontent over & over with no real reason other than to just present the idea that they don't like it.

You were calling me and a lot of other posters haters/flamers. Again I don't get the hater label you give to people in condescending fashion. You called me that without knowing anything about me other than that I made multiple posts saying I don't like it. Why exactly can't I made multiple posts saying I dislike a movie. You make a ton of posts defending it so should I give you a condescending label as well? I have proven that I have a ton of reasons why I don't like the movie. That is why I brought you to this thread in the first place. I don't talk bad about something with nothing to back it up.
Oh, sorry... I'm working long hours now... I thought that was you. To be honest, I don't have time for all this... you guys are happy just flamming on it... so flame on. I've said my peace..

but I really don't recall you ever saying anything of any substance other than flaming. if I'm wrong... then show me & I'll digress.

I've addressed this over & over...

"People shouldn't care" is your words... not mine.

"People shouldn't care" is really the core of your argument. You claim that Snoke is not a main character so all of the fans who dislike Snoke shouldn't care that he didn't get more information. What I mean is that from your perspective people shouldn't' care about this issue.

"it doesn't matter" are your words not mine

I'm not sure if we should be communicating. It doesn't seem to be working.

How is that not your argument? I am arguing that Snoke needed more character development and you are arguing that it's not needed.

Anyway I am completely ready to move on to the next topic. Remember this isn't anything personal against you I just care about the topic.

Last edited:
no fuel = no shields.

I explained in detail that there are a bunch of things the video mentions & the first thing isn't even valid. After the 1st thing... he rattles off like 10 things after that & some were & some weren't worthy of my response. Everything your guy says is not accurate. See the "no fuel = no shields" logic you & him seem to have missed. So I'm not going to sit here & answer to everything especially if you can't be bothered to point out what you want.

A video is a suplement to your own query's not a replacement.

You can listen and respond or don't at all I really don't care. I agree with Mauler on this. I thought it was a lame plot with a very poor explanation but I have other problems with the movie that I would rather discuss anyway. I took the time to make the post about Finn and Rose that you have yet to respond to.

Yes, lets be done. I don't think we communicate very well. To be honest I think you just want me to accept what you say & you don't want to hear anything I have to say. For example... I would be really surprised if you could say... "you know what... I never thought of the fact that the shields wouldn't be powered any more once they ran out of gas. My guy on the video is wrong for making that out to be a flaw of the movie."

I really just found your defenses of Snoke to be not very good. But again I am more than happy to move on because I am very interested to hear what you have to say about Rose.

jesus christ guys.

not only will I not see episode 9 at the theaters, I won't post in or read the sherdog thread that accompanies it either.

I've never seen so much fucking bullshit in one thread about a movie.

You can listen and respond or don't at all I really don't care. I agree with Mauler on this. I thought it was a lame plot with a very poor explanation but I have other problems with the movie that I would rather discuss anyway. I took the time to make the post about Finn and Rose that you have yet to respond to.

I really just found your defenses of Snoke to be not very good. But again I am more than happy to move on because I am very interested to hear what you have to say about Rose.

You aren't discussing anything. You've all ready made up your mind & all you want to do is tell me what you think. It's like I carefully speak to what you say... and answer it as best as I can... & then you seem to ignore what I say & put words in my mouth toward your own agenda. I'm not enjoying discussing this movie with you & I don't want to do it any more.

jesus christ guys.

not only will I not see episode 9 at the theaters, I won't post in or read the sherdog thread that accompanies it either.

Confirmed racist Hitler misogyrapist

You aren't discussing anything. You've all ready made up your mind & all you want to do is tell me what you think. It's like I carefully speak to what you say... and answer it as best as I can... & then you seem to ignore what I say & put words in my mouth toward your own agenda. I'm not enjoying discussing this movie with you & I don't want to do it any more.

None of that is true. I have discussed everything with you and on top of that linked an in depth video with every point. I can't do any more than that. Then I move on to another topic that you don't even respond to.

I'm not making you respond but I didn't appreciate being called a flamer and claiming this movie has no plot holes is straight up not true. Later.

Its not so much plot holes as just bad plotting that doesn't make much sense either logically or inline with the messages the film seemed to be trying to sell.

@Myrddin Wild

We are probably not going anywhere on Snoke at this point so I'm interested in the next point. The Rose/Finn speeder scene towards the end of the movie.

When I think about everything I dislike about this movie including every example of bad writing and every plot hole......this scene and sequence stands out to me as one of the worst offenders. It's such poor writing and such drivel. Finn gets emotional being the last speeder trying to stop the first order. He has a real character moment when he decides to sacrifice himself for what he really cares about. This was a decent moment until Rose comes out of nowhere and slams her speeder into his because she wanted to save his life. Anyone with any amount of common sense can immediately see the problem with that. First off she could have killed both of them by doing that. Do the writers of this movie think that their characters are complete morons? Do they think the audience is nothing but children who don't see how ridiculous this scene is? Then even if both survive they are OUT FAR FROM THE BASE RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE ENEMY. How the hell could Rose think that they would surivive? How do the writers think that they would survive? Then she delivers that stupid line "I saved you, that's how we are going to win, not fighting what we hate, saving what we love". Finn was on his way to try to save what he loves. Save his friends. Save the resistance, and Rose puts their lives in grave danger and STOPS him from the chance of saving what he loves. Roses very sister died because she was saving what she loved. Now Rose disregads the mission and it's importance. She isn't thinking about all of the people that will die if that cannon goes off. She just wants to slam a speeder into Finn right in front of the enemy that just shot down all of the other speeders. WTF. I can't believe anyone thought this would be a good scene to put into this movie. It is absolute nonsense.

THEN you have this huge plot hole of how they make it all the way back to the base. Did you see how far away they are from that base? We are supposed to believe that Finn DRAGGED Rose all the way back without the enemy blasting them? That just isn't possible and the film gives no indication of how it could have been done. If you look at the distance to the base it would take hours to drag someone that far. Absolutely ridiculous. The movie essentially just teleported them back. No worries about plot holes right?

Time stampped

I remember watching that scene in the theater. I literally did the Al Bundy facepalm.

albundy_medium.png

I remember watching that scene in the theater. I literally did the Al Bundy facepalm.

albundy_medium.png

I can litterally hear the other audience beside saying something along the lines "Oh dumb shit head" and you can hear them sigh in utter disappointment.

jesus christ guys.

Kinda seems like this is just the result of one person refusing to accept the reality that people didn't like this movie for legitimate reasons. It's kinda frightening that he cares this much.

This was the only Star Wars movie I've ever seen the entire way through. It was terrible. It gave me no reason to wanna go back or to get excited for what was to come. Probably the worst possible introduction into Star Wars I could have picked.

I firmly believe the next movie will detail the unknown regions and how the first order has their power.

They’re either using slaves or some new tech not seem before in a Star Wars movie.

Something similar to the star forge isn’t my guess

Kinda seems like this is just the result of one person refusing to accept the reality that people didn't like this movie for legitimate reasons. It's kinda frightening that he cares this much.

This was the only Star Wars movie I've ever seen the entire way through. It was terrible. It gave me no reason to wanna go back or to get excited for what was to come. Probably the worst possible introduction into Star Wars I could have picked.

that's exactly what happened in this thread.

Mark Hamill had a great performance, the rest of the film was par for the course.. for disney star wars.

Thought it was the best new one, don’t kno where the story goes from here tho.

If you start with Episode 8, you're gonna have a bad time.

albundy_medium.png

Not to mention since everything in not-hoth left a big fucking red mark.....one can assume dragging a person across the battlefield left a huge red fucking stain all the way back to the base. Meaning the walkers stood there and watched a red streak grow smaller and smaller into the sunset......

Just wanted to chime in that it’s been 6 months and I still hate this fucking movie.

Also jumping in to say once again this movie is dog shit

Back