STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
the leia hovering space scene didn't bother me.

first, she was in space.
second, if force push is a thing and force pull is a thing then she should be able to force pull herself.

why didn't they just land right on top of the rebel base at the end of the movie instead of landing 10 miles away and mounting an attack? why not just bomb the planet. stupid shit.

It wasn't as much that she was pulling herself. It was that she was blasted into space, appeared to be unconscious and therefore should have been dead. The force just inexplicably saved her and then protected her from dying in space while she pulled her way back to the ship. Other than that the scene looked weird, it didn't feel necessary and it was never mentioned again. Why not just a little backstory to explain how she became so proficient in the force? No one around her comments on it?

I will agree with the above posts that if the last jedi was a good movie this scene alone wouldn't have broken it. It's all of the problems together that really hurts the movie.

It wasn't as much that she was pulling herself. It was that she was blasted into space, appeared to be unconscious and therefore should have been dead. The force just inexplicably saved her and then protected her from dying in space while she pulled her way back to the ship. Other than that the scene looked weird, it didn't feel necessary and it was never mentioned again. Why not just a little backstory to explain how she became so proficient in the force? No one around her comments on it?

I will agree with the above posts that if the last jedi was a good movie this scene alone wouldn't have broken it. It's all of the problems together that really hurts the movie.

I’m ok with her being able to do it, maybe she’s been force pulling brooms and mops to her while cleaning the kitchen after making sandwiches

Luke somehow knew he could pull his saber too himself in the wampa cave.

I did not like the scene itself felt very “I’m Mary poppins y’all “ to me,
But the ability itself I don’t have any issues with, just the way the scene was portrayed.

tumblr_pa8bi5lMYg1wzvt9qo2_500.gif

You have a point in that failing to offer a background for leia and her force abilities, it was bad writing. But shitty movie aside and looking just at the fantasy of Star Wars I think a Jedi can have those abilities to pull themselves. And I can also rationalize a deep catatonic hibernation state amplified by the force abilities - not necessarily the force itself. Not all Jedi would be able to do that. There’s actually something interesting there to explore story wise but they blew it.

Perfect movie. I’m so pumped to see what is in store for the next movie. How are they ever going to stop Kylo? After what he has done on the last two movies I’m am excited to see how ever will they overcome such a scary intelligent seemingly unstoppable villain. Combined with Admiral Hux tactical genius who always seems to be a step ahead, how will they finally outsmart him. Snoke was just a plot device, no need for a backround on a guy who somehow brought the fallen empire back from the ashes and was an unknown powerful dark force user.

The biggest issue with The Last Jedi

The hardest thing to accept is that everyone wanted Luke to be a world killer... & instead, they used him as a tool to disbar the Jedi religion. The Jedi had some really big problems & so in order to enjoy this movie... we have to accept that the Jedi religion had to be undermined... & so Luke had to show some serious problems to demonstrate how f*cked the Jedi religion really is.

The most obvious problem is "no romance." No getting your freak on.

Nuff said right there. Freud got famous due to existing in a society that restricted the natural sexual impulses. He actually linked almost every psychosis to a sexual disorder... & he was right "for his time."

However, in a sexually free society... many of Freud's theories break up. In other words... a lot of things are problems "only because" Sex is prohibited. This is a real problem with the Jedi religion & obviously a part of the reason why Disney wants to change what the force means to us. They don't want to keep promoting a monogamous society. Princes & princesses falling in love & getting together against all ods & having kids is what they want.

I have a feeling that Disney's long term goal is to focus on the "force" more than specifically the jedi.... so they had to make the Jedi seem flawed which f*cks with 40 years of us thinking the Jedi were the bomb... but opens the door to their new message.

There is also another running theme across most of their movies: "anyone can do anything with perseverance."

However, the Jedi were originally written to be "born into it." Being "born into it" & having Skywalker blood, is in direct opposition to Disney's over all message. It destroys every boy & girls hope of "being able to achieve anything they want to do. "

Well, I can't be Jedi because my Midichlorian count is too low, so I guess I'll sell crack for a living yeah?

So they had to nix that message & kill the Jedi religion in order to allow kids to relate to people like Chirrut (Donnie Yen's character from Rogue One) who wasn't force sensitive, but used the force much in the same way as one would use the "Eternal Tao" in real life. IMO... that is the message they are pushing toward & will expand up on in future movies n stuff. That is the reason they had to show flaws in the Jedi religion. You pretty much can't have Luke all happy go lucky if you're trying to show that the Jedi religion is flawed. So that's why they did it.

Sux for Luke... & for all of us who wanted to get a vicarious power fix through Luke's sic god-like abilities... but lets stop being so selfish & think about all the future Jedi who can now get laid.

MI0000299570.jpg

Somebody's going to have to tap Rey's sweet ass before she goes all Sith on us. That's just real. None of this clusterf*ck would've happened if Anakin could've been the playa he obviously waz. Him & Ahsoka should've been expressing the force through their loins all through the Clone Wars. The only reason why Ahsoka likely didn't go Sith is because she left the jedi order & probably went straight out & got laid. She probably freaked on that for quite some time. It's like the preachers daughter who was born into sexual resistance & she becomes the freakiest freak that ever freaked for the simple reason that her sexuality was suppressed. I've heard of this being a common thing, but I actually grew up knowing a preachers daughter in my school... & I can confirm this reality.

Long story short... the Jedi religion had to be undermined... & it's biggest hero had to have problems & not develop into a god in order for people to get all this straight. So just accept that & then re-watch it & you'll enjoy it a lot more.

Last edited:
I'm vicariously embarrassed.

The Jedi did not need to be undermined.

Luke had all of his character development from previous movies reverted. More than that really. Luke at the very beginning of Star Wars would not consider killing his own family.

When the actor who played Luke for three movies is saying he can't recognize the character in Last Jedi as Luke you know you've got serious problems.

How odd that there are so-called fans telling us the destruction of lore and character is necessary and good.

Last edited:
Long story short... the Jedi religion had to be undermined... & it's biggest hero had to have problems & not develop into a god in order for people to get all this straight. So just accept that & then re-watch it & you'll enjoy it a lot more.

None of that HAD to happen. That's just the story they made and it wasn't very good.

How odd that there are so-called fans telling us the destruction of lore and character is necessary and good.
I didn't give my opinion on the decision.... I just explained that I understand why they did it.

The people that abandon Star Wars so easily seem more like "so called fans" than people who have accepted the direction they went. Luke rocked up in the end & saved the day so get over it.

Luke at the very beginning of Star Wars would not consider killing his own family.
Luke's been around a lot more at this point & had visions of all his friends & family dying at the hands of Kylo. It's the "would you kill Hitler if you could go back in time" scenario. It was a split second impulse as well.
"in the briefest moment of pure instinct... I thought I could stop it. It passed like a shadow."

<DCWhoa>
<Kpop775>

The heck happened to you last night. :D
Haha... maybe that was a little graphic talking about someone tapping Rey's sweet ass... lol... I did have a few drinks to be honest. :p point is though that suppressing the sexual impulse is a failed system that had to go down. The Jedi must end.

Haha... maybe that was a little graphic talking about someone tapping Rey's sweet ass... lol... I did have a few drinks to be honest. :p point is though that suppressing the sexual impulse is a failed system that had to go down. The Jedi must end.

tumblr_o5ohlmP1sZ1v2vapvo3_500.gif

star wars 8 sucked hard man.
nothing new.
predictable movie.
shitty actors that cant fight.
the story line is to depressive.

Back