STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Are there actually people trying to defend this and saying they enjoyed it? Have they wrote a detailed explanation on why and what they liked? I am genuinely curious..

Because the only one good thing about this film was the scene where the spaceship crashes into the other spaceship in an attempt to save the rebels.

Other than that it was the biggest piece of shit I have ever seen in Star Wars, it made The Phantom Menace seem like A New Hope just because atleast the prequels stayed true to what they were, Star Wars! If you hated them you likely hated Star Wars lore but with this it just scape goats off of the Star Wars name and runs everything into the ground without giving a shit.

Rian Johnson, the guy just don't give two shiny shits, he really don't. I reckon he did it on purpose.

Yes...Larry has, and it's amazingly bad. (but he think's it's next level, shhhhh)

Don’t forget the giant red stain allllllllllllll the way back to the base

Well if I were to try and reason this plot hole with the same idiotic logic Larry has reasoned thus far, I would suggest that in that moment all the people at the helm of all the walkers were so taken back by this display of selfishness and affection Finn showed for Rose, that they were frozen in awe, unable to pull the trigger.

Rian Johnson himself...big cheese, would have tossed in some lame joke in the film like they all happened to have to take a washroom break at exactly the same time, causing that momentary lapse in awareness.

I'd explain it as bad writing and needlessly forcing two diverse cast members forward into the story whom both should have long expired by now as their character arc's were long since over.

Well if I were to try and reason this plot hole with the same idiotic logic Larry has reasoned thus far, I would suggest that in that moment all the people at the helm of all the walkers were so taken back by this display of selfishness and affection Finn showed for Rose, that they were frozen in awe, unable to pull the trigger.

Rian Johnson himself...big cheese, would have tossed in some lame joke in the film like they all happened to have to take a washroom break at exactly the same time, causing that momentary lapse in awareness.

I'd explain it as bad writing and needlessly forcing two diverse cast members forward into the story whom both should have long expired by now as their character arc's were long since over.

Should have been like this

"matronizing"
I like that one. Did you coin it?
Rose was unconsious, so Finn had to carry her miles, through desert, back to the base, with no cover to hide behind.

Nothing to obsure the view of anyone in the AT-ATs, and nothing to hide behind if they were shot at.

Yet, they conventely weren't shot at.

There's only two explanations as to why this narriative oversight was overlooked - Plot Hole or Plot Armor.
See that doesn't bother me as much Rose and Finn getting back to Crait in the first place. First of all, she's pulling his body by the foot. Then somehow they're last off the ship but make it into the fort? Then the raised don't shoot me hands? Then Poe is scratching a robot when people are going to die?! It's a bit much, but then I remembered, oh yeah this is a movie.

I like that one. Did you coin it?

See that doesn't bother me as much Rose and Finn getting back to Crait in the first place. First of all, she's pulling his body by the foot. Then somehow they're last off the ship but make it into the fort? Then the raised don't shoot me hands? Then Poe is scratching a robot when people are going to die?! It's a bit much, but then I remembered, oh yeah this is a movie.

You really are a miracle!

So your excuse to this crappy movie is either;

- an unexpected and bold new direction!
- it's a fantasy movie so you really shouldn't think too much about it.

giphy.webp

I also heard on one of the reviews that Ackbar was given that bullshit off screen death cause the sjws at Star Wars didn’t want to deal with a character named Ackbar essentially blowing himself up.....I had a hearty and lengthy laugh

As far as I know.
It's one of those perfect terms that sounds like it should have been around forever. I love that. And it's not too harsh either.

On previous note, tell me: What do you see here?
4816770664.jpg

I also heard on one of the reviews that Ackbar was given that bullshit off screen death cause the sjws at Star Wars didn’t want to deal with a character named Ackbar essentially blowing himself up.....I had a hearty and lengthy laugh
Please let this be true.

It came across as condescending to a lot of fans after everything that had happened.
I am sincerely saddened people feel that something like that could have happened in a STAR WARS film. The good guys being condescending over someone's unconscious form. I can see how that would be upsetting because that's not the STAR WARS I know.
Poe didn't accomplish anything in this sequence. He was supposed to just trust Holdo and ended up making a pointless mutiny which ends with Leia shooting him. Then they say they like him. It was so weird. I would like to see the men looking awesome and not wasting time just to make the women look good.
Yeah, I can see how you'd say that but for me it was not that way. I wonder if it would be possible for you to say, "Yeah that scene makes sense, was logical, adequately written -- but I just didn't like it????"

I never looked at Poe's arc through this film as negatively reflected on him, but it is a learning experience. He's definitely on the downswing of a curve that only comes up at the very end -- which is emblematic of his piloting. Not that I think that flourish was intentional, nor this either:

It's usually the second film in a trilogy that's said to be the darkest installment. The lowest point of the narrative. I find it coincidental and funny that not only is TLJ a darker film from its predecessor -- it's presently considered the fucking lowest part of the entire franchise from a particular contingent of fans. For me TLJ captures the essence of the Jedi code and depicts Force use more adeptly and adoringly that ever, and it also has ruptured so much preconception and has made people rethink the whole kit and kaboodle even more than when found out Vader's Luke's dader.
If you agree with me then there isn't anything to talk about.
I'll remember the good times with fondness.

It's one of those perfect terms that sounds like it should have been around forever. I love that. And it's not too harsh either.

4816770664.jpg

Please let this be true.

The YouTube video in my last post pretty much sums up what I would have liked to see from someone as revered as Ackbar. Admiral cliti blaster did not deserve that hero’s send off and should have been Ackbars. Screaming it’s a trap through the whole hyperspace thing would have been extra awesome....but then yeah it would awfully close to screaming aloha snackbar haha. Who cares though the guy is a calamari/lobster thing I wouldn’t have made religious connections to his death

The YouTube video in my last post pretty much sums up what I would have liked to see from someone as revered as Ackbar.
Can't you just tell me? I gotta watch a video? Why do have to get up? Mooom.

Admiral cliti blaster did not deserve that hero’s send off and should have been Ackbars. Screaming it’s a trap through the whole hyperspace thing would have been extra awesome....but then yeah it would awfully close to screaming aloha snackbar haha. Who cares though the guy is a calamari/lobster thing I wouldn’t have made religious connections to his death
I would have loved Ackbar doing that. The only other fan-wank that topped that one was revealing the Code-Breaker to be Billy Dee Williams instead of Justin Theroux.

But instead of it's a trap, Ackbar could be screaming, "HA HA. GOT YOUUUUUUUUUUU," with his flesh-whiskers melting into hyperspace.

tenor.gif

But to be honest, the image itself was enough for me. The person at the helm meant very little.

Can't you just tell me? I gotta watch a video? Why do have to get up? Mooom.

I would have loved Ackbar doing that. The only other fan-wank that topped that one was revealing the Code-Breaker to be Billy Dee Williams instead of Justin Theroux.

But instead of it's a trap, Ackbar could be screaming, "HA HA. GOT YOUUUUUUUUUUU," with his flesh-whiskers melting into hyperspace.

tenor.gif

But to be honest, the image itself was enough for me. The person at the helm meant very little.

Yeah I hated the movie to the core, but I have to admit the cinematography was outstanding. Going hyperspace and ripping into a fleet was a visually great moment, but then I thought why the fuck didn’t they do this to all the Death Stars/Planets.....just put a robot in an x wing and hyperspace that bitch right through the middle of it. The scene with the gorilla walkers and rens ship in the middle looked awesome

Yeah I hated the movie to the core, but I have to admit the cinematography was outstanding. Going hyperspace and ripping into a fleet was a visually great moment, but then I thought why the fuck didn’t they do this to all the Death Stars/Planets.....just put a robot in an x wing and hyperspace that bitch right through the middle of it. The scene with the gorilla walkers and rens ship in the middle looked awesome
What have you got against Droids, you monster? You wouldn't let your dog drive your car into an annoying congregation of bicyclists no matter how right it is -- that shit YOU DO YOURSELF.

This shit had me dying, yo, for good reason. Chewie flying the Falcon solo #duckseason!!

50.jpg

What have you got against Droids, you monster? You wouldn't let your dog drive your car into an annoying congregation of bicyclists no matter how right it is -- that shit YOU DO YOURSELF.

This shit had me dying, yo, for good reason. Chewie flying the Falcon solo #duckseason!!

50.jpg

Haha hey the one from rogue one was cool.....but the feminist droid from solo yeah she could hyperspace into a planet any time

4816770664.jpg

Please let this be true.

If it's not a stormtrooper, then it's Robert Z'Dar's brother with a severe underbite.

Yeah, I can see how you'd say that but for me it was not that way. I wonder if it would be possible for you to say, "Yeah that scene makes sense, was logical, adequately written -- but I just didn't like it????"

Except it wasn't. It was a complete waste of time. All she had to do was tell him the plan. Poe was one of the best new characters and they made him look dumb to make her look good.

btw did you ever agree that the Finn/Rose speeder scene was poorly written?

Except it wasn't. It was a complete waste of time. All she had to do was tell him the plan. Poe was a great character and they made him look dumb to make her look good.

btw did you ever agree that the Finn/Rose speeder scene was poorly written?
I said I did because I wanted you to feel better.

Did you miss it? LIKE YOU DID THE ENTIRE FILM?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

Dude, you got yourself all turned around. You're not making me defend this film -- you're defending your poor insight and misinterpretation. Clearly you don't want to relent, and that's okay. If it means you gotta think less of everyone else but you and anyone who agrees with your mistakes, I hope that makes you feel better too. There's 15m being put together to re-do the film: chip in, my n_____a.

I said I did because I wanted you to feel better.

Did you miss it? LIKE YOU DID THE ENTIRE FILM?!?!!?!?!?!!?!

Dude, you got yourself all turned around. You're not making me defend this film -- you're defending your poor insight and misinterpretation. Clearly you don't want to relent, and that's okay. If it means you gotta think less of everyone else but you and anyone who agrees with your mistakes, I hope that makes you feel better too. There's 15m being put together to re-do the film: chip in, my n_____a.

Miss what? If you don't want to defend the film then don't reply to me. No one is making you do anything.

No idea what you mean by "poor insight", I described in depth what is wrong with the Finn/Rose scene and even linked an in depth video on it. I don't know how you can claim I have poor insight when all you have said in response is bad justifications like we know Finn isn't going to succeed so it's ok that Rose slammed her speeder into his, which is nonsensical. There isn't anything I am misinterpreting here either. If people want to like this scene and this movie then great, have at it but you can't claim there isn't anything wrong with the film. There are glaring objective problems with this movie. This scene is just one of the most obvious ones.

Back