Locked STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI (New Footage from D23 Reel)

What did you think of the teaser trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
@One MMA Fan @Myrddin Wild You guys watch Rebels, correct? Release date for season 4, Oct 16. Some references to Rogue One in this trailer. Like the end line "all the paths are coming together, right?"

@One MMA Fan @Myrddin Wild You guys watch Rebels, correct? Release date for season 4, Oct 16. Some references to Rogue One in this trailer. Like the end line "all the paths are coming together, right?"

Yep Rebels should end before the Rogue One start.

And they most likely will have a new series set between EP 6 and EP 7 they have plenty of years and space to fill with that.

Wild watches the Star Wars animation shows I don't :( I just can't get behind them the art style, the colors, the thin lightsabers some fillers etc.. I tapped out early in Clone Wars.

I did enjoy that 1 hour or so thing Cartoon Network did but I just can't get behind this goofy looking new ones, the heck man I see a Freddie Prinze Jr. cartoon like giving advises and stuff I got no immersion.. really strange and I'm no animation snob I have plenty of dodgy anime (japan) I like.

<{1-11}>

Oh and don't get me started on Darth Maul .. when you are dead stay dead even if you a cool character, pissed me of.

Takes away the meaningful and the danger away from other big main movie scenes.

When I see him in there in the back of my mind I know this is not 100% legit and I can't take it fully serious and commit to it. (I know it's cannon and all that you know what I mean)

Oh and don't get me started on Darth Maul .. when you are dead stay dead even if you a cool character, pissed me of.

When I see him in there in the back of my mind I know this is not 100% legit and I can't take it fully serious and commit to it. (I know it's cannon and all that you know what I mean)
Well he's dead for good.

So...

Haha, yes I agree. Can only imagine the talk at LucasFilm/Disney when they're trying to bring Maul back and convincing themselves how it can be plausible. Shit, who knows, maybe Han isn't dead too, he'll come back with spider legs too

I know it is canon, but with the movies trumping all, but always seems so odd to have Jedi around as part of the rebels but in the original trilogy and even Rogue One no mention of other Jedi/force users.

Haha, yes I agree. Can only imagine the talk at LucasFilm/Disney when they're trying to bring Maul back and convincing themselves how it can be plausible. Shit, who knows, maybe Han isn't dead too, he'll come back with spider legs too

I'll forgive it.

Rebels have made Thrawn canon.

Plain_cigarette_packets_o_010.jpg

I know it is canon, but with the movies trumping all, but always seems so odd to have Jedi around as part of the rebels but in the original trilogy and even Rogue One no mention of other Jedi/force users.

Again this!

I can't fully commit to them they are 'legit' but not really, it's so strange of a dynamic.

They have a place and plenty of fans enjoy them but others like me that can't get behind it and for good reasons.

Most likely I will see plenty of this type of scenarios if I see them all and just get more upset about it so no thanks.

Some cool stuff released today for Star Wars toys. Last year my gf bought me that Sphero BB-8, still play around with it to chase our cats. The R2 one released today is pretty awesome

Rey dream home.

DICF1vZXsAEG3M2.jpg:large

Last edited:

Yeah, I watch it.... & I'm pretty stoked... We all know where it ties in, (start of Rogue One) so lots of interesting stories inter-weaving is expected. With the final season conveniently starting up just prior to Ep. 8's release, I would expect some cool background stuff for that.

• Saw G's back story has been leaked & is expected & maybe more Jinn info or at least references.
  • Looks like the new Star Wars is down with the Whills... so expecting a lot of back story there. (saw's planet) Would be nice to see an animated Donnie Yen & the temple before it got over-run by the empire... or even show the story of that planet's occupation. Perhaps even them taking the whills off the planet for protection & hiding them in a... (wait for it)
    In a tree.
iu

Chirrut on the Ghost transporting the Whills to Ahch-To seemz pretty cool to me. Perhaps even summoning Bendu to protect them.

convoree-bendu-star-wars-rebels-234046.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

0enVN4H.jpg
  • Would love some more Bendu in the mix.
  • Captain of the Ghost Hera Syndulla waz mentioned over the loudspeaker in Rogue One as "General"... so obviously the Ghost is going to make a change from being an independent fighter, to being a key player in the organized rebellion.
  • Will get some Twi'lek on Human action with her & Kanan :eek:
  • Everyone's favorite Togruta hottie Ahsoka Tano is expected to be alive... & we would all love a nice roll for her. Not being in 4 - 6 or Rougue One though would suggest that she actually will die. However, If they can explain why she wasn't in those movies, but is still alive... then it might be cool to see a 70 year old Ahsoka in Ep. 8 break out the White Saberz. Perhaps Darth Vader saved her life after beating her down & then kept her imprisoned as his pet or something. Perhaps he just throws her in a dungeon somewhere & forgets about her, but saving her life is a nod to his good side showing through.
  • A Princess Leia appearance in Dec. might be nice for sentiments going into Ep. 8
  • Of coarse the last Rebels ep is expected to lead directly into Rogue One
  • Jinn had a hell of a time convincing the rebels to rock up... so I would expect a major ass kicking goes down against them just prior to Rogue one.
  • How about a Snoke appearance?
<TheWire1>

There's so many questions about who survives the Rebels series & what happened to them, so we'll get quite a few answers there. The Ghost appearing in Rogue One doesn't mean the whole crew is on there. We know Hera & Chopper are still around, but the others weren't mentioned.

Obviously Thrawn not being in Rogue One is a nod to him dying. Would enjoy a nice double cross by Tarkin for that one... just to give Tarkin some more validity... but that's just a guess. Would be cool to see Tarkin getting cozy with the Emperor to help explain his back talk to Vader in ep. 4. Just saying that Tarkin needs to be built up. Him & Vader are like equal rank in ep 4... perhaps Tarkin even feels superior. So why is that? give us some backstory there. Double crossing Thrawn at the request of the emperor would be nice.

@One MMA Fan might need to rock up for at least this season to catch some of the story tie ins that he's going to miss if he doesn't watch it.

Last edited:
I sure as shit hope I'm not about to see some bad cgi 9 foot tall stick man do arobics while wielding a light saber...

I sure as shit hope I'm not about to see some bad cgi 9 foot tall stick man do arobics while wielding a light saber...

Some possible hardcore spoilers if you click on this folks, fair warning.

Especially my boys @Myrddin Wild and @EvilDDS (ps: we should add him to our profile talks right ? Wildo.. yo Evil wanna talk star wars with me and wild in profiles like bums with no home ?)

Well he will be CGI / motion captured the only real puppet was a 7 foot thing on set so the actors can interact with something.

He will be a 7.5 foot in CGI and he will have a ring on his hand with a big big Kyber Crystal that is all black.. possible first time we see a new dynamic for a lightsaber (darkaber) from a ring and with a black blade in a movie (we've seen that in animation already).

latest

20170831_n_nerdistnews_snoketoy_feature.jpg

Star-wars-Force-Friday-2-Snoke-1051170.jpg

Yeah, I watch it.... & I'm pretty stoked... We all know where it ties in, (start of Rogue One) so lots of interesting stories inter-weaving is expected. With the final season conveniently starting up just prior to Ep. 8's release, I would expect some cool background stuff for that.

• Saw back story has been leaked & is expected & maybe more Jinn info or at least references.
  • Looks like the new Star Wars is down with the Whills... so expecting a lot of back story there. (saw's planet) Would be nice to see an animated Donnie Yen & the temple before it got over-run by the empire... or even show the story of that planet's occupation. Perhaps even them taking the whills off the planet for protection & hiding them in a... (wait for it)
    In a tree.
iu

Chirrut on the Ghost transporting the Whills to Ahch-To seemz pretty cool to me. Perhaps even summoning Bendu to protect them.

convoree-bendu-star-wars-rebels-234046.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

0enVN4H.jpg
  • Would love some more Bendu in the mix.
  • Captain of the Ghost Hera Syndulla waz mentioned over the loudspeaker in Rogue One as "General"... so obviously the Ghost is going to make a change from being an independent fighter, to being a key player in the organized rebellion.
  • Will get some Twi'lek on Human action with her & Kanan :eek:
  • Everyone's favorite Togruta hottie Ahsoka Tano is expected to be alive... & we would all love a nice roll for her. Not being in 4 - 6 or Rougue One though would suggest that she actually will die. However, If they can explain why she wasn't in those movies, but is still alive... then it might be cool to see a 70 year old Ahsoka in Ep. 8 break out the White Saberz. Perhaps Darth Vader saved her life after beating her down & then kept her imprisoned as his pet or something. Perhaps he just throws her in a dungeon somewhere & forgets about her, but saving her life is a nod to his good side showing through.
  • A Princess Leia appearance in Dec. might be nice for sentiments going into Ep. 8
  • Of coarse the last Rebels ep is expected to lead directly into Rogue One
  • Jinn had a hell of a time convincing the rebels to rock up... so I would expect a major ass kicking goes down against them just prior to Rogue one.
  • How about a Snoke appearance?
<TheWire1>

There's so many questions about who survives the Rebels series & what happened to them, so we'll get quite a few answers there. The Ghost appearing in Rogue One doesn't mean the whole crew is on there. We know Hera & Chopper are still around, but the others weren't mentioned.

Obviously Thrawn not being in Rogue One is a nod to him dying. Would enjoy a nice double cross by Tarkin for that one... just to give Tarkin some more validity... but that's just a guess. Would be cool to see Tarkin getting cozy with the Emperor to help explain his back talk to Vader in ep. 4. Just saying that Tarkin needs to be built up. Him & Vader are like equal rank in ep 4... perhaps Tarkin even feels superior. So why is that? give us some backstory there. Double crossing Thrawn at the request of the emperor would be nice.

@One MMA Fan might need to rock up for at least this season to catch some of the story tie ins that he's going to miss if he doesn't watch it.
Damn, you just blew my mind...

With that pic of Bendu and the Porg. That is damn cool!
And the animated Donnie Yen would be awesome, probably a big battle and perhaps Ezra and Kanan are there to help protect the Whills, but Vader comes down and lays a beating on them, as Chirrut gets the Whills to safety for transport to Ahch-To.
I may get into the Guardians of the Whills book soon, will let you know if I do and what I find out as backstory. I'm still finishing up the novelization of The Force Awakens right now

Especially my boys @Myrddin Wild and @EvilDDS (ps: we should add him to our profile talks right ? Wildo.. yo Evil wanna talk star wars with me and wild in profiles like bums with no home ?)

Well he will be CGI / motion captured the only real puppet was a 7 foot thing on set so the actors can interact with something.

He will be a 7.5 foot in CGI and he will have a ring on his hand with a big big Kyber Crystal that is all black.. possible first time we see a new dynamic for a lightsaber (darkaber) from a ring and with a black blade in a movie (we've seen that in animation already).

latest

Hell ya, I'm always down for talking Star Wars

Was just reading about the Black Ring of Snoke this weekend. From what I was reading, the toy figure of him doesn't come with a light saber so speculation is that ring is gonna have some cool stuff for Snoke, give him strong powers

And then the toy Luke bobblehead has him with the necklace with what looks like a piece of red kyber, and the thinking is its from Vaders light saber. Not sure about that one though. Didn't Vaders saber fall down the shaft after Luke cut his hand off?

I was reading the AfterMath series and Bloodline earlier this summer, and they had a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond, and this group was hunting down Dark Side artifacts. In the one novel, they are acquiring a light saber from the black market, and it's believed to be Vaders. So maybe Luke does come into possession of this at some point. It's believed that these Acolytes are associated with Kylo Ren, and are responsible for finding Vader's mask as well

Hell ya, I'm always down for talking Star Wars

Was just reading about the Black Ring of Snoke this weekend. From what I was reading, the toy figure of him doesn't come with a light saber so speculation is that ring is gonna have some cool stuff for Snoke, give him strong powers

And then the toy Luke bobblehead has him with the necklace with what looks like a piece of red kyber, and the thinking is its from Vaders light saber. Not sure about that one though. Didn't Vaders saber fall down the shaft after Luke cut his hand off?

I was reading the AfterMath series and Bloodline earlier this summer, and they had a group called the Acolytes of the Beyond, and this group was hunting down Dark Side artifacts. In the one novel, they are acquiring a light saber from the black market, and it's believed to be Vaders. So maybe Luke does come into possession of this at some point. It's believed that these Acolytes are associated with Kylo Ren, and are responsible for finding Vader's mask as well

Good to have you on board!

On the things inside the spoiler tag I've heard the same and it will be linked to the plot.. maybe even some past force visions and maybe even some force ghost action that is closer to Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde. Eh let me put this in a spoiler tag just in case the rumors are true and we get the first Force Ghost that is bad and good switching on and off.

latest

Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back