STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
As soon as Luke treated his lightsaber like a broken flashlight red flags went up. Rian and friends screwed with the character to the point of hardly being recognizable at all. He was hardly the badass wise veteran jedi that fans expected. He was a grumpy old man that ran off after he fucked up his nephew and let him go on a killing rampage. I don't know what kind of explanation the movie could have given for this that would make sense but it definitely needed more explanation.

I am torn with this film... There were parts that were fantastic and there were parts that were horrid. I know this though - The new SW films are 10 times better that the PT!

I swear, you guyz could misinturpret a wet dream. I waz talking about the state of the galaxy... which at the time was at peace.

Then thats an odd response since you replied to someone specifically mentioning Lukes friends and family.

I am torn with this film... There were parts that were fantastic and there were parts that were horrid. I know this though - The new SW films are 10 times better that the PT!
Physical Therapy?

The secret map to find Luke was stupid in the first place.

a movie made out of snark and spite instead of love
I wonder if there's ever been a movie this big where such a thing was true. I don't know of any film production intentionally sought out to undermine its own film.

Or has this too be hyperbole as well this entire time?

You hear about actors who are contractually obligated, like Edward Norton phoning it in for THE ITALIAN JOB, and it's usually directors having to detach due to creative differences, such as with AMERICAN HISTORY X (once again, what is up with you, Norton?). But, so outlandish.

EDIT: Michael Moore, I think, would kinda qualify, even though documentaries are a different chain of circumstances.

Last edited:
He didn’t really save anything though, he potentially delayed it for a few minutes.

The rag tag group in the falcon is still gonna have to face off against the tie fighters escaping the planet and the rest of the fleet in orbit.

And they will chase them.

Now if he had shown up in person and started force lifting and throwing walkers around like was originally intended according to Hamill, that might have been saving the day.

He just delayed some shit.

So , For all the Vader haters out there, the first order is still coming to blow your planet up.

“We got Death Star, we got Death Star, and you know that we got it”
A narrow margin that's just enough is still the effective amount of time necessary. (which was more than just a few minutes) & also by him coming in from the back told them there was another way out. You don't need this explained. It's what the movie is indicating & you don't need to be a hypercritic about every little thing.

Even if you are being a hypercritic about it though... The time spent in this delay was the perfect time stall they needed to escape. Had the First Order not been delayed, everyone would've died. They were loading into the Falcon as the First Order went into the cave. Perfect timing.

& since they no longer have the ability to track through hyperspace, the Millennium Falcon obviously just zipped on out of there with no worries.

Plus Luke put some major triggers in Kylo's head during the process.

Last edited:
Then thats an odd response since you replied to someone specifically mentioning Lukes friends and family.
You are taking only one tiny piece of an entire statement & trying to section it off without the rest.

He did not feel that his involvement would help.

That is the basis of the rest of my POV. He was questioning his religion & he honestly felt like his involvement was making things worse. he felt that the universe & his friends would be better off without him being involved.

A narrow margin that's just enough is still the effective amount of time necessary. (which was more than just a few minutes) & also by him coming in from the back told them there was another way out. You don't need this explained. It's what the movie is indicating & you don't need to be a hypercritic about every little thing.

Even if you are being a hypercritic about it though... The time spent in this delay was the perfect time stall they needed to escape. Had the First Order not been delayed, everyone would've died. They were loading into the Falcon as the First Order went into the cave. Perfect timing.

& since they no longer have the ability to track through hyperspace, the Millennium Falcon obviously just zipped on out of there with no worries.

Plus Luke put some major triggers in Kylo's head during the process.
I’m not so sure they can’t still hyperspace track them.

They mentioned the code breaker getting it off for one cycle and they would only have like 6 minutes to bug out before they tracked them from a different ship, so what’s stopping them from tracking them now?

That was my point about delaying and not saving, since from what we were given by the movie they can still keep on tracking them.

I’m not so sure they can’t still hyperspace track them.

They mentioned the code breaker getting it off for one cycle and they would only have like 6 minutes to bug out before they tracked them from a different ship, so what’s stopping them from tracking them now?

That was my point about delaying and not saving, since from what we were given by the movie they can still keep on tracking them.
interesting convo.

@One MMA Fan @EvilDDS

My thinking is that they just had one main unit & maybe the others worked off of it GPS style. They did however say that in the movie that the otherz would take over even if they shut that one down, if I remember correctly. I'll have to look up that specific convo though... I'm not really clear atm on how it went down.

Based on what we saw in the movie alone... we know for sure 5 of the following Destroyers were anywhere from completely wrecked to most likely incapacitated... though I feel a couple are not locks... it is likely. However there was one ship showing no damage... & 4 others that were around 10 miles away, so we would assume that there were at least 5 more destroyers ready to go. I suppose the question here would be whether they were locked on to the Falcon to begin with. You can't have a chicken on a string unless you get your string tied around the chickenz leg yeah?

In other wordz... if the Falcon shot out before they got a lock on them then all good.

Interesting topic though...

I'd say we gotta assume that since we know they escaped & will be a big part of the next movie... that leads to the First Order not locking on to them.

We also have to question where they got the idea that another ship could do it. Also, with the main ship in turmoil & mostly un-manned during that time, we have to question whether or not the other ships can do it if the main one is out. To be honest, I don't know much about it & don't have time to look it up atm. Do you guyz know anything about this?

Last edited:
My thinking is that they just had one main unit & maybe the others worked off of it GPS style. They did however say that in the movie that the otherz would take over even if they shut that one down, if I remember correctly. I'll have to look up that specific convo though... I'm not really clear atm on how it went down.
POE: What?
FINN: They're tracking us through the lead ship.
POE: So we blow that ship up.
ROSE: If we blow it up, they'll track us from another ship.
FINN: Which is why we gotta sneak in there and trick that tracker, then jump to hyperspace before they know it.
POE: How do we do that?
DJ: f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-f-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-u-

interesting convo.

@One MMA Fan @EvilDDS

Based on what we saw in the movie alone... we know for sure 5 of the following Destroyers were anywhere from completely wrecked to most likely incapacitated... though I feel a couple are not locks... it is likely. However there was one ship showing no damage... & 4 others that were around 10 miles away, so we would assume that there were at least 5 more destroyers ready to go. I suppose the question here would be whether they were locked on to the Falcon to begin with. You can't have a chicken on a string unless you get your string tied around the chickenz leg yeah?

In other wordz... if the Falcon shot out before they got a lock on them then all good.

Interesting topic though...

I'd say we gotta assume that since we know they escaped & will be a big part of the next movie... that leads to the First Order not locking on to them.

We also have to question where they got the idea that another ship could do it. Also, with the main ship in turmoil & mostly un-manned during that time, we have to question whether or not the other ships can do it if the main one is out. To be honest, I don't know much about it & don't have time to look it up atm. Do you guyz know anything about this?
Good points, ok, it's a long weekend here in Canada and I've already started into the beers. The ships give off a signature vapour or something like that which we know, that's how the escape pods were able to get down to the planet, from being small and having a small signature, that is until DJ blew up their game and told them what to look for.
Sooo, First Order is looking for and tracking signatures from the lead ships, a little Corellian Yt-1300 is gonna slip by since they weren't looking for it.

*edit* Wildo, you remember that's what Rose was working on, she had a hand in the dampeners that limited the signature vapours that exit the ships

And Falcon, slipped out the back door, again you gotta know what you're tracking before you can accurately "tie them to an end of a knot on the end of a string"

Last edited:
@90 50 I saw that you had mentioned earlier about Luke dying and his metal hand. I think that's an interesting convo too, good point. I've watched it, and first it's hard to tell, as the scene is from behind and the music is playing loudly, so maybe the hand is there, maybe not, we just don't see it, too vague!

That stated, I do think Rian Johnson did admit at some point, although I'm not going to look up the source right now (about 8 beers in), that he screwed up and should've added a metal hand clinking.

But that leads into a ton of other thoughts, like maybe the hand is a part of him, Obi's saber was separate so didn't join him when he was killed. Or Obi-Wan's robe stays, but in his Force projections with Luke, he's wearing his robe. Yoda dies, his clothes, belt, necklace leave with him but not his blanket, which by the way is Qui-Gon's robe. Yep, Yoda took Qui-Gon's robe and made a blanket out of it. So why do the clothes, belts, necklace and stuff go with them, but not the robes. And then Anakin force ghost is just a whole mess. Dude lost his arm while he was a Jedi. Obi took the rest. But force ghost Ani is complete

I think Lucas and Rian both admitted they screwed up, so it's a mixed bag of what can happen

@90 50 I saw that you had mentioned earlier about Luke dying and his metal hand. I think that's an interesting convo too, good point. I've watched it, and first it's hard to tell, as the scene is from behind and the music is playing loudly, so maybe the hand is there, maybe not, we just don't see it, too vague!

That stated, I do think Rian Johnson did admit at some point, although I'm not going to look up the source right now (about 8 beers in), that he screwed up and should've added a metal hand clinking.

But that leads into a ton of other thoughts, like maybe the hand is a part of him, Obi's saber was separate so didn't join him when he was killed. Or Obi-Wan's robe stays, but in his Force projections with Luke, he's wearing his robe. Yoda dies, his clothes, belt, necklace leave with him but not his blanket, which by the way is Qui-Gon's robe. Yep, Yoda took Qui-Gon's robe and made a blanket out of it. So why do the clothes, belts, necklace and stuff go with them, but not the robes. And then Anakin force ghost is just a whole mess. Dude lost his arm while he was a Jedi. Obi took the rest. But force ghost Ani is complete

I think Lucas and Rian both admitted they screwed up, so it's a mixed bag of what can happen
Rian said in an interview there was a reason the hand didn’t drop, it I suspect he was back peddling or trolling.

As far as anakin, he was already “Darth Vader” when obi cut his ass up, even though he wasn’t in the suit yet. So his force ghost would be from before palp turned him.

Rian said in an interview there was a reason the hand didn’t drop, it I suspect he was back peddling or trolling.

As far as anakin, he was already “Darth Vader” when obi cut his ass up, even though he wasn’t in the suit yet. So his force ghost would be from before palp turned him.
True enough, but it even goes further, Dooku cut his arm off. Where does it end. And why didn't Qui-Gon not disappear? He was the first to discover the "force ghost world", they burned him! It's all a mess

Qui Gon taught Yoda how to commune, and had a huge convo with Obi, while Luke was running off to check on Beru and Owen

I guess what they say is He was the first and is teaching, and everyone that dies afterwards builds on that

True enough, but it even goes further, Dooku cut his arm off. Where does it end. And why didn't Qui-Gon not disappear? He was the first to discover the "force ghost world", they burned him! It's all a mess
I think Yoda said that qui gon had learned how to comeback , so he didn’t have the ability before he died, so he didn’t transcend to a force ghost at death

I think Yoda said that qui gon had learned how to comeback , so he didn’t have the ability before he died, so he didn’t transcend to a force ghost at death
Edited my first comment as you posted this. Qui Got became more "real" to Obi in A New Hope as apparently, he's mastering it, I guess he's almost a full human, ie projection, Obi talks to him and he say something like, he's right there beside me. So powerful, Qui Gon is

Back