STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
That was a shitty special edition change that makes no sense since Yoda and Kenobi appear as the age they were when they die, yet Vader's ghost has the appearance of Anakin as a young man? Luke wouldn't even know what Anakin looked like.
Actually it makes perfect sense in universe.

The last time the real Anakin appeared is his episode 3. Haydn Chriatensen appearance, after he became Sith and got burnt on Mustafar he is no longer Anakin he is already Darth Vader.

The Sebastian Shaw with hair appearance is the one that does not make sense. As that Anakin never existed

it would have been better if they used the Sebastian Shaw appearance after the mask was taken of by Luke as at that Point Vader has turne back to the light and became Anakin SkyWalker again.

1rPN.gif

Guys,

I don't think you understand the nuance of Rey. Here's the thing: Rey has no force powers. Rey has a different power, the power of FEMINISM. Every time a man fails in her presence her power activates and she becomes super-talented at whatever the man failed doing. In Ep 7, Kylo tries to tamper with her mind using the force. He fails, obviously, and thus Rey becomes super-talented at it and dominates her guard. Then Finn tries to defend her using a lightsaber at the end. He fails, obviously because men always fail, and thus Rey becomes super-talented at lightsaber duels. Then finally, in Episode 8, Rey meets Luke Skywalker, who is apparently the BIGGEST FAILURE EVER IN EVERYTHING. Thus while standing in his presence Rey becomes SUPER TALENTED IN EVERYTHING, and masters all her Jedi training in 2 days.

Two hundred and seventy-seven fucking pages and @Dragonlordxxxxx summed up the movie perfectly with the bottom line.

I wish I could wipe this series and all media, posts and articles about it from collective human memory. I didn't understand as a kid why people hated George Lucas but I do now. His crime wasn't cinematic, it was handing something I loved over to Disney who specializes in running things you loved into the ground for money.

Two hundred and seventy-seven fucking pages and @Dragonlordxxxxx summed up the movie perfectly with the bottom line.

I wish I could wipe this series and all media, posts and articles about it from collective human memory. I didn't understand as a kid why people hated George Lucas but I do now. His crime wasn't cinematic, it was handing something I loved over to Disney who specializes in running things you loved into the ground for money.

Yep...props to Dragonlord for being able to see the major problems with this movie back in December. I liked it the first...now I feel stupid, like I was duped into thinking it was great because of how great the film looks (the special effects and cinematography are fantastic).

Not to mention it doesn't do what the ACT II in A TRILOGY IS SUPPOSED TO DO: BUILD THINGS UP FOR THE THIRD ACT. IT DOES NOTHING THERE. My god did they forget that this is a trilogy?

TBF about 270 pages of it is a dozen or so people still arguing over the movie.

The Empire Strikes Back would have been ROASTED worse than TLJ on social media......

says Rian Johnson..because fans would have hated seeing Vader kicking Luke's ass.

He also adds "Fans didn't warm up to Empire until decadeS later"...Decades?? That is factually untrue, Rian. Empire was well established as the fan favorite of the trilogy long before the prequels even came out.

NO ONE..NO ONE ever said "Oh that's bullshit Vader beating Luke!"

Actually it makes perfect sense in universe.

The last time the real Anakin appeared is his episode 3. Haydn Chriatensen appearance, after he became Sith and got burnt on Mustafar he is no longer Anakin he is already Darth Vader.

The Sebastian Shaw with hair appearance is the one that does not make sense. As that Anakin never existed

it would have been better if they used the Sebastian Shaw appearance after the mask was taken of by Luke as at that Point Vader has turne back to the light and became Anakin SkyWalker again.

It makes sense in that it shows Anakin as Luke knew him redeemed rather than "who the hell is that creepy looking guy?" he must be thinking now.

The Empire Strikes Back would have been ROASTED worse than TLJ on social media......

says Rian Johnson..because fans would have hated seeing Vader kicking Luke's ass.

He also adds "Fans didn't warm up to Empire until decadeS later"...Decades?? That is factually untrue, Rian. Empire was well established as the fan favorite of the trilogy long before the prequels even came out.

NO ONE..NO ONE ever said "Oh that's bullshit Vader beating Luke!"

I don't agree with that at all, ESB at the time got a by of criticism for cofounding expectations over what a Starwars film could be. That's not whats driving most criticism for TLJ IMHO, I think most viewers were expecting some kind of interesting twist but many ultimately felt the film was simply of poor quality lacking in the kind of realistic shift we saw in ESB instead having a lot of poorly set up rug pulling.

I do think part of the problem does go back to TFA though, a lot of the reason ESB works I'd say is that we have a good idea from ANH about were we think the characters and setting of Starwars are taking us so these expectations can be slowly undermined. TFA though really doesn't give us the same view, Rey's character is badly lacking in substance as is much of the setting. That means TLJ gets bogged down in having to build up basic motivation AND then tries to subvert it as well in one film ending up being rushed and cluttered.

Also of course in the aspect that mattered most I think TLJ was a gutless film, unwilling to move past Rey and Kylo being simplistic good and evil characters. Throw in as many rug pulls as you like but ultimately the film ends up backing away from its own premise for me tacking on a questionable happy ending.

I don't agree with that at all, ESB at the time got a by of criticism for cofounding expectations over what a Starwars film could be. That's not whats driving most criticism for TLJ IMHO, I think most viewers were expecting some kind of interesting twist but many ultimately felt the film was simply of poor quality lacking in the kind of realistic shift we saw in ESB instead having a lot of poorly set up rug pulling.

I do think part of the problem does go back to TFA though, a lot of the reason ESB works I'd say is that we have a good idea from ANH about were we think the characters and setting of Starwars are taking us so these expectations can be slowly undermined. TFA though really doesn't give us the same view, Rey's character is badly lacking in substance as is much of the setting. That means TLJ gets bogged down in having to build up basic motivation AND then tries to subvert it as well in one film ending up being rushed and cluttered.

Also of course in the aspect that mattered most I think TLJ was a gutless film, unwilling to move past Rey and Kylo being simplistic good and evil characters. Throw in as many rug pulls as you like but ultimately the film ends up backing away from its own premise for me tacking on a questionable happy ending.

Just in case...I want to make sure everyone knows I was just quoting Rian Johnson. I find it laughable that he uses the mixed reception to Empire in 1980 to The Last Jedi.

Rian Johnson has a history of using the original trilogy as an excuse for the choices he made.

His defense of not giving us anything on Snoke:

"It's the same with the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. That movie did not tell us his backstory before killing him off"

UGH....really, Rian? Rian you do realize that the original trilogy was the INTRODUCTION to Star WARS universe. The comparison does not work at all. If this super powerful character, apparently more powerful than Luke Skywalker himself, pops up after the two last remaining Sith (Vader and Palpatine) are killed....people need to know...where the hell was this guy and what was he doing while Vader and Palpatine were ruling the galaxy? It makes NO SENSE.

Just in case...I want to make sure everyone knows I was just quoting Rian Johnson. I find it laughable that he uses the mixed reception to Empire in 1980 to The Last Jedi.

Rian Johnson has a history of using the original trilogy as an excuse for the choices he made.

His defense of not giving us anything on Snoke:

"It's the same with the Emperor in Return of the Jedi. That movie did not tell us his backstory before killing him off"

UGH....really, Rian? Rian you do realize that the original trilogy was the INTRODUCTION to Star WARS universe. The comparison does not work at all. If this super powerful character, apparently more powerful than Luke Skywalker himself, pops up after the two last remaining Sith (Vader and Palpatine) are killed....people need to know...where the hell was this guy and what was he doing while Vader and Palpatine were ruling the galaxy? It makes NO SENSE.

Honestly I think the Snoke fake out could have worked BUT it needed to go somewhere, if Rey and Kylo had actually joined then I think people would accept it a lot more but we just end up with an even blander Rey and a Kylo as a petulant teen leader, not very inspiring.

Yep...props to Dragonlord for being able to see the major problems with this movie back in December. I liked it the first...now I feel stupid, like I was duped into thinking it was great because of how great the film looks (the special effects and cinematography are fantastic).

Not to mention it doesn't do what the ACT II in A TRILOGY IS SUPPOSED TO DO: BUILD THINGS UP FOR THE THIRD ACT. IT DOES NOTHING THERE. My god did they forget that this is a trilogy?

Kind of same here. I think I said in my initial opinion I could go 6.5 if that were an option, but I rounded up to 7. I would now give it a 5. I have given movies I really like a 7.

I think I liked it a tad more because I slept through about 20-25 minutes of it that first night. I edited out some stupidity. We were also mentally assaulted with 94% critics RT scores, and talk about it being "the best star wars ever," not realizing they had to give those reviews according to hollyweird cult dogma.

Anyways, I think a LOT of people had a similar experience as us. My 11 year old, who is mature for his age, loved it on first viewing, and then (I swear on my life not prompted by me) started noticing some of the problems everybody else did. 11.

I would still give it a 5, based on effort and visuals. Maybe 4. Rian is just a chubby faced soft idiot. Those are wayyyyyyyyyyyy too popular right now. We need some gritty people back. John Hughes wasn't pretty, for example.

Bad movie. I sat there for a few minutes after just wondering what the fuck they did. So much spupidity. Looked great, but was bad. I really liked Looper, so I had high hopes for this..ahh well.

Here’s the problem I have with people regurgitating the line” empire was hated until decades later”

Is just blatantly false, how old are you and were you old enough to remeber that time and a fan then?

Sure, you can google around and find some critics of Empire, but it was majority loved , it was a golden era of Star Wars as a fan, Star Wars was everywhere, toys flew off the shelves, kids played Star Wars non stop.

Actors were making appearances everywhere!

If Darth Vader was somewhere to sign autographs people flocked like crazy to see them.

David Proust came to a large dealership by my house as a kid, people flocked there(this was a lot more common back in the day large dealerships paying for appearances for all kinds of shit to drum up sales, big foot, USA-1 etc etc), I waited in line for hours to meet Darth Vader and have my Batha Tracks club shirt signed.

Shits bullshit, empire realistically did not get the hate the media likes to spin on it now as a cover up for TLJ bullshit.

It’s HORSE SHIT, empire was LOVED by a LARGE majority

Back