STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
The ugly Asian bitch was there to appeal to two markets, asians and ugly bitches. The mayonnaise pussy tasting soccer moms is a huge industry.

I remember in the walking dead when they killed an irrelevant fat bitch they all almost got of their couch.

You sure about that? Sure it wasnt cuz she happened to also be lesbian?

I remember a study a while, though probably dated, tracking peoples eyes in commercials. They had all types of men and women watching commercials with both attractive and unattractive actors. All groups, whether they were ugly, attractive, straight, or gay watched the attractive actors more than their uglies.

The takeaway is at the very least, ugly people fantasize about being them or wanting them just as much as the attractive peeps. The only exception would be if the story was wraps around a geek besting a beauty, but these were commercials.

RT rating is still dropping..55% now

hahaha, god damn, I didnt know I wasnt the only one checking into RT to see their dropping score.

I watch IMDB too, but thats slower. First time I checked it was 8.1 and last I looked it was 7.9

Man I was really expecting Luke to kick ass like atleast use force powers do down a couple of AT AT's like Starkiller in the video game downing a Star destroyer, but no we get astral projection dafuq.

You sure about that? Sure it wasnt cuz she happened to also be lesbian?

I remember a study a while, though probably dated, tracking peoples eyes in commercials. They had all types of men and women watching commercials with both attractive and unattractive actors. All groups, whether they were ugly, attractive, straight, or gay watched the attractive actors more than their uglies.

The takeaway is at the very least, ugly people fantasize about being them or wanting them just as much as the attractive peeps. The only exception would be if the story was wraps around a geek besting a beauty, but these were commercials.

Times are changing. Ugly people are fighting back and unifying. Pretty soon they will be coming after people like us.

Well, time to find out what they think.

damn they just shit on rian johnson. Regarding the asian chick saving finn and nearly killing the entire resistance, "Do not sacrifice yourself for the greater good, dont take chances bc love will save us". Even though 10 minutes earlier ole girl sacrificed herself going into lightspeed...So many head desk moments.

damn they just shit on rian johnson. Regarding the asian chick saving finn and nearly killing the entire resistance, "Do not sacrifice yourself for the greater good, dont take chances bc love will save us". Even though 10 minutes earlier ole girl sacrificed herself going into lightspeed...So many head desk moments.
Luke.jpg

And ten minutes later Luke does as well. Gee, I wonder if multiple ideas can be conveyed by a single film. I don't knooowwwwwww...

Those guys are worse cans than Lucas.

I will, for sure. Im disappointing, but I don't hate it. There were good scenes and Im willing to try to shed my presuppositions and try to experience it again knowing where its heading.
I've got a good feeling about this.
Yoda.jpg

But they didnt build up Holdo. Why am I caring? Im not.
You didn't think Lightspeed Bullet was neat? They're not building up Holdo; they're building up Dameron.

ruined potential.
I feel like this is where most of us get ahead of ourselves. As you said in another thread, it's not as though we can turn these guys into superheroes. Great point. I know you're not expecting superheroes, that what you desired from its potential is well within SW principles -- but at the same time fans have had years and DECADES to ruminate on the countless potentials and build and build and build on our (pre/mis)conceptions. It's only natural to be disappointed, but again at the same time, that's not exactly the fault of the film for not consulting us beforehand. It didn't know we were the experts.

Last edited:
Snoke and Phasma are cans.

Any fan of Luke Skywalker got shit on.

That sideshow with Finn and the chubby chick was a waste of screen time.

The silly humor was way overdone.

That Leia wicked witch of the west flying scene was horrible.

This movie appears to have been made by someone who was not a real fan of the franchise.
Ha ha ha, fuck yo' join date!

So, if I understand this right....JJ Abrams created a bunch of interesting characters like Snoke, that were a mystery, and Rian Johnson comes in and kills them off, then he is going to hand back the reigns to JJ Abrams for the last film, after he's completely destroyed JJ's ideas? hmm.

Luke.jpg

And ten minutes later Luke does as well. Gee, I wonder if multiple ideas can be conveyed by a single film. I don't knooowwwwwww...

Yoda.jpg

You didn't think Lightspeed Bullet was neat? They're not building up Holdo; they're building up Dameron.

I feel like this is where most of us get ahead of ourselves. As you said in another thread, it's not as though we can turn these guys into superheroes. Great point. I know you're not expecting superheroes, that what you desired from its potential is well within SW principles -- but at the same time fans have had years and DECADES to ruminate on the countless potentials and build and build and build on our (pre/mis)conceptions. It's only natural to be disappointed, but again at the same time, that's not exactly the fault of the film for not consulting us beforehand. It didn't know we were the experts.
Yeah I dont think the writers knew shit about star wars. They didnt even use the real yoda...they used the fake yoda where he acts like an animal to train luke.

The more I think about this movie the less I like it. I think I'll just stop now.

The more I think about this movie the less I like it. I think I'll just stop now.
Thats the problem, once you go into detail and actually critique the movie it falls apart miserably. Turn your brain off and the film is meh on the surface.

Watching now. Hope they dont disappoint.

Werent you a pro LAST JEDI poster earlier?
Yeah, I gave it an 8/10 initially. I thought it was flawed but ultimately satisfying. After thinking about it and musing over it I'd drop that rating to a 6. I think there were some great moments, and I'm glad certain expectations were subverted, but there's just too many loose ends, too many flaws, too much that doesn't make sense. I'll watch it again when it comes out on video.

I sometimes have a tendency to overrate movies when I first see them, particularly when I really didn't like the previous in a series. I rated it too high because for all its flaws it kept me engaged, whereas with TFA I was just bored.

Luke.jpg

And to think, "worse cans than Lucas" are spot on. I actually dont know what you mean by Luke goes as well. Maybe, Luke doesnt die when he fades. Maybe he teleports somewhere. At this point, I fucking need it, cuz I dont have much interest in what happens in the last movie. If he doesnt come back, well jesus christ, why didnt they wait to do the fade away for THAT movie? Why not have Luke go ape shit at the scene you plugged, then do his fade away.

Yoda.jpg

It was cool to actually see it, but its silly. They couldnt do that move with one of the other ships losing fuel? Do it remotely? Remember, some of these plot holes are passable, but when it accumulates into a puddle of shit and mud, well, its time to do something about it.

As much as I don't like everyone being related in the SW universe, I think Snoke could have only worked as a character if he was Plagueis. Then we could find out that he was pulling strings behind the scenes to help the Rebels, so that he could get Palpatine out of the way and swoop in to rule. Then the new trilogy could have been about him reemerging with an army he'd been building, and it'd be about the Republic and new, reformed, Jedi Order taking on this threat, sorta Old Republic style. Something like that, I don't know, that's just off the top of my head.

But Snoke as a rando didn't work for me.

Yeah, I gave it an 8/10 initially. I thought it was flawed but ultimately satisfying. After thinking about it and musing over it I'd drop that rating to a 6. I think there were some great moments, and I'm glad certain expectations were subverted, but there's just too many loose ends, too many flaws, too much that doesn't make sense. I'll watch it again when it comes out on video.

I sometimes have a tendency to overrate movies when I first see them, particularly when I really didn't like the previous in a series. I rated it too high because for all its flaws it kept me engaged, whereas with TFA I was just bored.

Id change my 6 to a 5. When I left TLJ, I felt worse than I felt when I left Tron Legacy and Prometheus. Ya see, I WANTED to like those movies and wasnt ready to shit on them. When I left THIS, I felt disappointed. Nothing hateful about it, I merely had to accept that my beloved franchise fell flat and now all wonderful characters are gone. Shit, Luke being around means Yoda will come around. I love that they did that, but now? What, Luke with be Reys ghost?

Seeing this movie being worse than TFA reminds me of a fading fighter going back to his corner between rounds. I sit and hope that not only is the fighter getting needed advice, I know they are recovering a bit during their 60 sec rest. When they get back out there, I typically always hope they improve where they were fucking up, but typically, they go out there and just do worse. Its crazy because you KNOW theyre getting what they need during that time, A BREAK, but both them and the better fighting fighter go back out there in the next round and pick up where they left off.

That said, I dont think 9 will be better than TLJ. I mean, how can it?

As much as I don't like everyone being related in the SW universe, I think Snoke could have only worked as a character if he was Plagueis. Then we could find out that he was pulling strings behind the scenes to help the Rebels, so that he could get Palpatine out of the way and swoop in to rule. Then the new trilogy could have been about him reemerging with an army he'd been building, and it'd be about the Republic and new, reformed, Jedi Order taking on this threat, sorta Old Republic style. Something like that, I don't know, that's just off the top of my head.

But Snoke as a rando didn't work for me.

It sucked.

Red Letter Media thought that if Rey and Ren joined up at that moment, then Snokes death wouldnt matter, cuz the 2 of them joining up has not been done before aside from Vader throwing the Emperor off the balcony. I dont like that because our heroes have no one to fight. Snoke was that person. Plus he was all fucked up, in power, thats a point of interest! We wanted to know! Now, we dont get to know AND we have no villain. Ren is no villain.

Who gives a shit that Rose wasn't hot, I'm annoyed that her character sucked. Plenty of movie characters aren't hot.

And yes, her sister was seriously smokin'. Literally and figuratively because she blew up which is a bummer, but I'm more concerned with the fact that she blew up trying to drop bombs in space.

Drop bombs in space.

Drop bombs in space.

Drop bombs in space.

DROP

SPACE

Yes. And then the rebels somehow run out of fuel while flying in space. You know, space. The place where, once you accelerate, you never slow down because there is no friction. Science is beautiful, bruh.

Back