STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
What if a smaller but significant subset of people just really did not like the movie. Does everything have to be ulterior motive and nefarious scheme?

I think what happened here is someone saw the discrepancy between critic reviews and internet fan reaction and thought- whoa, that makes no sense let’s find a way to explain it.

It’s missing the point. I’d wager more people liked TLJ than disliked it but I get the vibe that the majority of the people who liked it- liked it in the, oh it was entertaining enough. It was diverting and had some cool scenes. I think the people who disliked it were more passionate in their disappointment than many people were in their enjoyment of it. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

I found the movie entertaining in spots but it has a bunch of issues.
You'd be surprised. I've met more people in real life that disliked the movie both men and women. I'd say its about 50/50 in all honesty, and the people that liked it probably arent very critical when it comes to these types of movies. nothing wrong with that. I just have higher expectations with it comes to huge IPs like SW.

What if a smaller but significant subset of people just really did not like the movie. Does everything have to be ulterior motive and nefarious scheme?
Realize this is in response to cries of "SJW ruining mah STAR WARS" in terms of ulterior motives, nefarious schemes, and filmmaking that is considered "renegade" by the most spurious of evidence. The idea that Opinion is Truth as opposed to being nothing more than wanting to push an agenda is not an advantageous idea to hold onto.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

Good lord...guys this is both hilarious and scary...they are totally undermining the fact that Russia in fact does meddle in other countries' election.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...targeted-by-russian-trolls-study-says-1148475

Seriously...a STUDY??

I think what happened here is someone saw the discrepancy between critic reviews and internet fan reaction and thought- whoa, that makes no sense let’s find a way to explain it.

It’s missing the point. I’d wager more people liked TLJ than disliked it but I get the vibe that the majority of the people who liked it- liked it in the, oh it was entertaining enough. It was diverting and had some cool scenes. I think the people who disliked it were more passionate in their disappointment than many people were in their enjoyment of it. And there’s nothing wrong with that.

Wow, this is the most sensible post I have seen in a long time.

I love seeing the reactions of people who are not hardcore SW fans.....

The general consensus I get from people who enjoy Star Wars..but are not hardcore fans are like this:

"Well, I enjoyed it.....the script had some problems but it didn't bother me that much....but I can totally get why a huge Star Wars fan would hate it"

The general consensus I get from people who are totally disconnected from star wars...like people in East Asia or even South East Asia:

"We didn't like this movie...it was boring...and...I just can't understand the behavior of the characters"

The general consensus I get from people who are totally disconnected from star wars...like people in East Asia or even South East Asia:

"We didn't like this movie...it was boring...and...I just can't understand the behavior of the characters"

This is going to become more and more common.

The general consensus I get from people who enjoy Star Wars..but are not hardcore fans are like this:

"Well, I enjoyed it.....the script had some problems but it didn't bother me that much....but I can totally get why a huge Star Wars fan would hate it"

That's exactly what a Russian bot would say.

Watching videos about how bad it is is actually more enjoyable than the film was.

Been watching these at night while I nod off. He highlights so many flaws:

Watching videos about how bad it is is actually more enjoyable than the film was.

Been watching these at night while I nod off. He highlights so many flaws:

It's my newest hobby.

Other hobbies:

-gaming
-training BJJ
-Surfing
-Yoga
-Traveling the world
-following MMA
-watching the news and late night talk shows (Colbert, John Oliver, Trevor Noah)
-Watching movies
and now.....
-Bashing and hating "Star Wars: The Last Gallon"

I would say a significant issue is that both of these sequels are very much aimed at more casual "one and done" viewing and in that respect there passable diversions. TLS especially is I think that I think does this but also looks to make faux claims of its own depth that really don't hold up to repeat viewing or serious thought.

Not everything has to have an ulterior motive but I think the response to this film from critics was definitely down to influence, either more direct influence from Disney advertising/access or the politics themselves. Again I think these films aren't really made with a view to pushing certain politics so much as they are exploiting them, basically in this case if you dislike TLS your afraid you'll be labled a sexist, racist warmonger facing a social media drive to get you sacked. A lot of otherwise good reviewers I think just keep their heads down give the glowing review that's expected and move onto more serious cinema they care about.

To me a film like TLS actually damages the causes it claims to be pushing by using them in such a cynical manner the same way Hilrary did. This isn't a film that looks to push a message in a reasonable fashion it basically says "I'm right so there!" with highly questionable authoritarian undertones to it. Again if a character like Poe really had been an arrogant warmongering prick who learns to value peoples lives more fair enough but the film basically has him as a standard hero before just pulling the rug out for under him, the message to me seems to be not one of enlighted self awareness that SW always pushed previously but rather, "do what your told you pleb, your overlords know best".

You look at something like Fury Road that actually pushes a message against "toxic masculinity" being used to control people and there wasn't any backlash there beyond a few neo sociopath alphas. The difference is the message was actually pushed in a sympathetic fashion depending on a character drawing his own enlightenment, not just handed down in an arrogant arbitrary fashion.

Last edited:
It's weird how you guys are so proud of figuring out that movies do respond to public pressure. It gets even weirder, but hey good job right?

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...targeted-by-russian-trolls-study-says-1148475

I always knew sherdog is full of bots, I just didn't know they are russian. :D

<WellThere>

There it is from John Campea himself. I've been telling the 2 dozen sherdog trolls this for at least half a year & now... & fooking John Campea rollz in saying the same thing & takes all the credit.

I don't doubt there are people who genuinely are so fooked by "not my Luke" that they take it out on the whole movie... but the fact is that it is a reality that people are actively altering social media & movie rating sites, to make it seem like there is more resistance than it is.

This is yet another narrative to the same story.

You'd be surprised. I've met more people in real life that disliked the movie both men and women. I'd say its about 50/50 in all honesty, and the people that liked it probably arent very critical when it comes to these types of movies. nothing wrong with that. I just have higher expectations with it comes to huge IPs like SW.

Everyone ive talked to that likes the last jedi are sjw types...except 2.

Realize this is in response to cries of "SJW ruining mah STAR WARS" in terms of ulterior motives, nefarious schemes, and filmmaking that is considered "renegade" by the most spurious of evidence. The idea that Opinion is Truth as opposed to being nothing more than wanting to push an agenda is not an advantageous idea to hold onto.

Play stupid games win stupid prizes.

One day you're going to wake up and realize The Force Awakens was really, really bad.

On behalf of the Star Wars Fan Community, I'm prepared to accept your apology now.

2d5cgy.jpg

Oh it's far too late for that, Lo.

I'm writing a fan fiction how this last exchange should have went different, and much cooler. If I have time there will be a poster and traction.

New hilarious memes:

Here's how to do it, Rian!
DdVfANpVQAAxrw-.jpg

DdVdf8AW4AUmQCo.jpg

Back