STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI

If you have seen STAR WARS: THE LAST JEDI, how would you rate it?

• Total voters
Don't know is this before or after the car crash ?
Before cause his scar and the car crash happened just before Empire started filming IIRC. Star Wars Holiday special was in between ANH and ESB.

Why would he put the mask back on

It would be a devolution of his character

Oh wait the new writing sucks so he almost certainly have it back on
have you seen his face tho?

have you seen his face tho?

Someone once said:
Adam Driver looks like a 5 year old tried to draw a picture of Keanu Reeves.

I like his Kylo Ren voice though. It's not that different from the modulated voice, just easier to understand. Maybe they should have just had Adam driver's natural voice even with the helmet on. That way his unmasking scene wouldn't have been "THAT is who was underneath that cool mask?!"

There are times I will revisit a movie and adjust the rating after processing it after a few days. I usually would put "preliminary rating" when I'm still not totally fixed on the rating. As for TLJ, I did score it around 6-ish initially and made lots of criticisms. Since I was one of the first posters here who saw TLJ, a lot of people were a bit angry/disappointed at me for scoring it so low. Some didn't believe me and thought I was just being too critical or nitpicky.
(Quote from the Mando thread but it belongz in here.)

Just to be clear... what were your influences in why you changed your rating?

Do you feel like the social media backlash influenced your personal enjoyment of it? Perhaps that backlash brought up things you hadn't thought about that upset you more than it did after first viewing?

What you said here is that you were getting backlash prior to the release to the public... that your rating was too low. That backlash was from people who hadn't seen it right? So I''m wondering why you felt to say that here in relation to you then dropping your rating from 6.5 - to 4 in the OP of this thread.... "after everyone has seen it."

What I'm getting at... is that I think the social media outrage got in your head & was a factor in why you went from enjoying it 6.5 to disliking it 4... & I was chatting about that with another member (who blew our convo way out of proportion) when they called me out for talking about you behind your back... which I wasn't... but since it's up on the table... I just wanted to go ahead & let you speak your own mind & get your no bullshit reason for why you would go from liking it (6.5) to disliking it (4) rather than speculating on your reasons for doing so.

(Quote from the Mando thread but it belongz in here.)

Just to be clear... what were your influences in why you changed your rating?

Do you feel like the social media backlash influenced your personal enjoyment of it? Perhaps that backlash brought up things you hadn't thought about that upset you more than it did after first viewing?

What you said here is that you were getting backlash prior to the release to the public... that your rating was too low. That backlash was from people who hadn't seen it right? So I''m wondering why you felt to say that here in relation to you then dropping your rating from 6.5 - to 4 in the OP of this thread.... "after everyone has seen it."

What I'm getting at... is that I think the social media outrage got in your head & was a factor in why you went from enjoying it 6.5 to disliking it 4... & I was chatting about that with another member (who blew our convo way out of proportion) when they called me out for talking about you behind your back... which I wasn't... but since it's up on the table... I just wanted to go ahead & let you speak your own mind & get your no bullshit reason for why you would go from liking it (6.5) to disliking it (4) rather than speculating on your reasons for doing so.

I was also kinder to the film initially immediately after seeing it.

It's a movie that gets worse and worse the more you think about it.

Others, myself included liked it more on multiple viewz.

It goez both wayz.

Others, myself included liked it more.

It goez both wayz.

Well, I learned that Luke Skywalker goes both ways when he crept into his nephew's bedroom with an erect lightsaber.

It was so pretty looking that it was easy to overrate.

And to those saying social media influenced down, I would say equally critics comical overrating cause immediate reactions be to rate the thing too high. We went in thinking critics actually thought this movie was better than Empire. So our 6.5/10 was dramatically below their 9.4/10 bs.

Well, I learned that Luke Skywalker goes both ways when he crept into his nephew's bedroom with an erect lightsaber.
Oh yeah the scene where he gives up on a conflicted young man 1/10th as evil as is father, who he didn't give up on, and then had the poor kids parents forgive him. God this movie sucked so fkn bad.

Do you think the Thala-siren got enjoyment from being milked... I mean Luke seemed to enjoy it. So this indicates a "3rd way."

Not saying that hanging out with pan-sexual Lando had any influence... but there could be a 4th in the mix as well.

l@nd0

Do you think the Thala-siren got enjoyment from being milked... I mean Luke seemed to enjoy it. So this indicates a "3rd way."

Not saying that hanging out with pan-sexual Lando had any influence... but there could be a 4th in the mix as well.

l@nd0

You know Lando has laid the mack down on some alien milk seals.

By the way, it's all in the Lando: The Pan Within series of extended universe novels. I can't believe you aren't familiar with them.

donald-glover-lion-king.jpg

Oh yeah the scene where he gives up on a conflicted young man 1/10th as evil as is father, who he didn't give up on, and then had the poor kids parents forgive him. God this movie sucked so fkn bad.
it was a fleeting moment, that he saw that "kid" killing everyone else he loved.

But to your point... the self-defeatist was about to let his friends die on cloud city when he gave up trying to remove the x-wing from the swamp... so this is a pattern he had in his inner psych. He even bitched about "I'm never going to get off this planet" when Uncle had him stay for another season. I'm just saying that it's a re-occuring inner part of his psychology from childhood.

The real elephant in the room is why Obi didn''t raise him from infancy & keep him from developing such self-defeatist attitudez.

it was a fleeting moment, that he saw that "kid" killing everyone else he loved.

Wow, what bad luck that he happened to have that vision and that fleeting moment when he was standing over his nephew's bed in the middle of the night.

It was so pretty looking that it was easy to overrate.

And to those saying social media influenced down, I would say equally critics comical overrating cause immediate reactions be to rate the thing too high. We went in thinking critics actually thought this movie was better than Empire. So our 6.5/10 was dramatically below their 9.4/10 bs.

Not sure I even agree with that, to me both sequels shift between being bland visually and rather cartoonish. The original films(and Rogue One) were actually quite tastefully made, the Luke/Vader fight in Empire for example is a scene that I think holds its own with something like Blade Runner visually.

Honetsly my opinion over time has shifted from thinking these films were 7/10ish to thinking there utter shite, a handful of redeeming features ala the prequels but for the most part its wall to wall bad acting, bad writing and generally uninteresting.

Not sure I even agree with that, to me both sequels shift between being bland visually and rather cartoonish. The original films(and Rogue One) were actually quite tastefully made, the Luke/Vader fight in Empire for example is a scene that I think holds its own with something like Blade Runner visually.

Honetsly my opinion over time has shifted from thinking these films were 7/10ish to thinking there utter shite, a handful of redeeming features ala the prequels but for the most part its wall to wall bad acting, bad writing and generally uninteresting.
Yeah the look might not have impressed you. That's fine. I think it is top of the line cinematography and that the effects for the absolutely insane to throw in purple hair ship attack scene were pretty good.

Yeah the look might not have impressed you. That's fine. I think it is top of the line cinematography and that the effects for the absolutely insane to throw in purple hair ship attack scene were pretty good.

That did look amazing

But it destroyed the universe because this is now a new weapon that can be used again or should have been used many times before

That did look amazing

But it destroyed the universe because this is now a new weapon that can be used again or should have been used many times before

You just have to accept that nobody else in the Star Wars universe ever has been or ever again will be as smart as Rian Johnson. Honestly, it's a pretty reasonable assumption, so I have no problems with it.

That did look amazing

Yeah it was insane to throw that in without considering the consequences. It was right after Admiral Akbar, a 40+ year character was eliminated off-screen.

Yep. It turns out all those guys who died attacking the deathstar could have just turned their ships slightly and went into hyper-space right through it. Or they could have done it with drone ships. It just absolutely destroys the premise of like 3-4 of the movies lol.

Last edited:

The ram scene was one of the redeeming moments I'd agree but to me it was following Abrams quite strongly and I don't find his work that interesting, its all wham bang in your face visuals which isn't what starwars at its best was(or is as Rogue One showed it need not be in the past).

A lot of the reason the original films are so successful is IMHO because there a halfway point between blockbuster and new Hollywood. Visually especially I think theres quite a subtle realistic look to them and you could say the same with many of the performances as well.

I mean being cartoonish isn't inherently bad, I think Marvel manages to do so whilst also being highly inventive in films like say Ragnarok but I get little of that from these sequels.

Yeah it was insane to throw that it without considering the consequences. It was right after Admiral Akbar, a 40+ year character was eliminated off-screen.

Yep. It turns out all those guys who died attacking the deathstar could have just turned their ships slightly and went into hyper-space right through it. Or they could have done it with drone ships. It just absolutely destroys the premise of like 3-4 of the movies lol.

There should be laws against messing with our culture like Rain Johnson has

He needs to be sent to jail

Back