Starbucks to close 150 stores next year!

As a straight white male, the gay and/or hyper liberal employees have given me weird attitudes. They just can't stand a white guy that could be actual friends with a black dude and hang with them in their neighborhood and not be afraid, or be a target. They sense it, and it reminds them about how much they suck.
<Dylan>

There's no recession in the coffee shop business over here. There's more than ever. Everyone else is booming.

This isn't a consequence of over-expansion. This is a consequence of identity politics in business.

Except... their revenue is higher than ever before?

gtQT5f1.png

Their 1st and 2nd quarter earnings are also up this year...

Starbucks has no clue how to say NO. Major problem. Again, liberal weakness gets rolled over.

Except... their revenue is higher than ever before?

gtQT5f1.png

Their 1st and 2nd quarter earnings are also up this year...

To quote you, "retarded post". Starbucks is shit. Look at their profit margins and cash flow. Retarded post. You don't know how to evaluate a company.

DK0VPcN.png

bD0BC7U.png

Last edited:
I could care less what happens to Starbucks as the left continues to devour itself.

WTF?

What does a chain business cutting under performing locations have to do with anything leftist?

That's just capitalism being capitalism.

What imaginary world do you live in?

Starbucks is set to close 3x as many stores as their average next year, specifically in urban areas.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/06/19/news/companies/starbucks-store-closures/index.html

Looks like the bathroom for everyone initiative is already producing rancid fruit. Of course the worst performing locations are in urban areas where bums and hoodlums loiter for hours. I could care less what happens to Starbucks as the left continues to devour itself.
Did you read the article yourself? Here are some relevant excerpts in case you didn't
The affected stores are located in mostly urban areas that are densely populated with Starbucks locations.
So the implication here is that there's an over-saturation of locations in urban areas that isn't necessary. As for the incident with the black guys that lead to the bathroom policy they do mention it but the impact had more to do with closing thousands of stores and delaying their spring/summer campaigns and not some influx of homeless people into their store bathrooms.
"In this last quarter, we had an unplanned initiative related to the incident in Philadelphia that culminated in closing stores," Johnson said on a call from the Oppenheimer Consumer Conference on Tuesday afternoon. "It is not an excuse," for the 1% growth rate, he added. Chief Financial Officer Scott Maw said that the closures "had an impact."

Starbucks closed 8,000 stores on the afternoon of May 29 to offer about 175,000 employees mandatory anti-bias training after two black men were arrested at a store in Philadelphia while waiting for a friend. Outgoing chairman Howard Schultz said the training cost Starbucks "tens of millions" of dollars. The training also delayed the launch of Starbucks' spring and summer marketing campaign by about two weeks.
Why do you have to be dishonest man? Not cool.

Not entirely unreasonable with all the controversies that happened recently. I’m guessing with money they have they’ll be fine.

I’ve never seen the fascination with StarBucks and their over-priced coffee.

You can make coffee at home way cheaper with Folgers, milk, and a frothier.

The controversy isn't causing stores to close, decisions to close store are made long in advance and depends on returns in the past year and more. Actually the compliant reaction of Starbucks to the black men controversy might be because they're already concerned because of existing financial troubles and they want to hold onto their existing customers as much as possible. Or they may have reacted like this regardless of finances, it's a liberal company with a pussy CEO.

Can anyone explain why they think this is related to politics, or their more open bathroom policies? Has enough time even passed since the bathroom policy change to realistically assume it even factored into this decision making?

Oversaturation seems like a bigger issue, there are 9 locations within a 10 minute walk of my office, and they're bunched, so you've got 3 within 500 feet of eachother in two spots, and another two separated by a block on the other side of the main road. I live in a city. Consider that they've also made it much more convenient to use the mobile order app, which will help to funnel business into any one of these closely packed locations, it's probably just a basic business decision.

and stay the fuck out of China too. They don't want you.

Morgan Stanley downgrades Starbucks due to its China sales growth stumble
  • Morgan Stanley lowers its rating to equal-weight from overweight for Starbucks shares, citing the deteriorating sales growth trends in China and the U.S.
  • The firm's analyst notes how the company's China same store sales growth is likely to be nearly flat in the third quarter versus 8 percent growth just three quarters ago.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/06/20/mor...ks-due-to-its-china-sales-growth-stumble.html

Can anyone explain why they think this is related to politics, or their more open bathroom policies? Has enough time even passed since the bathroom policy change to realistically assume it even factored into this decision making?

Oversaturation seems like a bigger issue, there are 9 locations within a 10 minute walk of my office, and they're bunched, so you've got 3 within 500 feet of eachother in two spots, and another two separated by a block on the other side of the main road. I live in a city. Consider that they've also made it much more convenient to use the mobile order app, which will help to funnel business into any one of these closely packed locations, it's probably just a basic business decision.

Funny because I said weeks or months ago they are another Subway. Subway had same problem. Stores competing against each other.

Funny because I said weeks or months ago they are another Subway. Subway had same problem. Stores competing against each other.

Yeah, subway isn't as bad where I am, but there are still 4 or 5 of them I can walk to for lunch.

There's no recession in the coffee shop business over here. There's more than ever. Everyone else is booming.

This isn't a consequence of over-expansion. This is a consequence of identity politics in business.
[citation needed]

Any time something declines we always get a political explanation based on nothing.

Was there a boycott by right wingers and are these stores closing in Red areas or is this just based off of your hate for BLM?

if thats the case then why would americans pay 5 dollars for a coffee/cappucino. we pay 5$ in australia, just so you know.
Because their foolish in my opinion. Why do women spend $400 on a kate spade purse when they could rock a fanny pack?

Did you read the article yourself? Here are some relevant excerpts in case you didn't

So the implication here is that there's an over-saturation of locations in urban areas that isn't necessary. As for the incident with the black guys that lead to the bathroom policy they do mention it but the impact had more to do with closing thousands of stores and delaying their spring/summer campaigns and not some influx of homeless people into their store bathrooms.

Why do you have to be dishonest man? Not cool.

That's your example of me being dishonest because the company blames oversaturation in the article. You are beyond gullible, do you really expect a company to come out and actually tell you why they are struggling and scare away the investors they have. So of course they attribute to a weak negative like oversaturation.

WTF?

What does a chain business cutting under performing locations have to do with anything leftist?

That's just capitalism being capitalism.

What imaginary world do you live in?

This is a political based forum and there are no coincidences so draw what conclusion you like

This is a political based forum and there are no coincidences so draw what conclusion you like

Draw whatever conclusions you like but prepare to be ridiculed for stating stupid conclusions based on fantasies that have no basis in reality.

"For profit business makes profit motivated decision" how is that "leftist"???????

"as the left continues to devour itself"

As someone who equally detests both left and right in this country, I can't help but laugh when the shit slinging begins in these threads. A right supporter arrogating a sense of moral supremacy over a left supporter in the US in 2018 is like a landfill feeling superior to a septic hole. You fuckers are equally retarded, just two different flavors of the same shitsicle.

I don't disagree with you and can't stand the two party system and its intent to divide the people. However you can not deny the ideologies and left ideologies are many times rooted in a fantasy world.

Back