Started "The X-Files" a couple of days ago

I haven't watched much of Fringe I want to see more. I'll have to admit there were
some episodes of Fringe I'd would love to seen the X-Files.

How about the Lone Gunman show? Was it any good?

This was my holy grail of TV.

Brad dourif is in a episode called beyond the sea.
Pull it out and give it a watch.
He is such a underated actor. This is quite a special motw episode.

This was my holy grail of TV.

Brad dourif is in a episode called beyond the sea.
Pull it out and give it a watch.
He is such a underated actor. This is quite a special motw episode.

He's awesome.

No idea why he's been in such a mountain of garbage lately.

Season 2 - Episode 19 - The Norway time accelerating ghost ship

Not sure if I liked that episode or not. On one hand, it was off-beat and different from the regular X-files episode formula. But on the other the ending absolutely made no sense. How did Mulder and Scully suddenly regain their youth in the next episode ? Seems like the writers went full retard on that one. Heart loved the episode, mind disliked it.

Fringe was amazing. It's as if The X Files had a baby with Rick and Morty. Glad that show got funded for 5 seasons.

Scully is still hot, in case anyone's interested. As a kid in the 90's, she was right up there alongside the likes of Xena, Jenny McCarty, and the bassist from the California Dreams, in my book. Here's a recent pic.

View attachment 226841
8lo9CBD.gif

Finished season 5 yesterday. Absolutely loved episode 19 of that season, with the insect-monster hiding in plain view as a human. Some full-on Cronenberg shit right there with a nice twist in the middle of the episode.

Overall observations so far:

- Season 3's beginning was the weakest so far. Some lame ass monsters of week. I especially found the videogame / arcade episode with Jack Black painful to watch.

- Not digging the storyline of The Cancer Man's son at all. I thought Crycek was a bitchass-ass archnemesis for Mulder, until this supreme :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:ron came along. Absolutely zero charisma.

- I find it funny that during episodes related to Christian myhtology, like the seraphim/nephilism episode, Mulder becomes the skeptic all of a sudden, and Scully would favor the batshit insane explanations.

Agreed. But in the earlier seasons they made her look so frumpy. It's like they didn't want her to outshine Duchovny's sexiness. Then, around seasons 3 and 4 (I think), they figured out they should make her look maybe just a little bit sexy. Well, that's all anyone's penis ever needed. Then they just kept dressing her in less and less and showing more clevage.

I already posted in this thread apparently but I don't know what I said. I don't want to repeat myself.

I'm im Season 1, episode 11 so far.

Here are my observations:

- I can see why this show is a timeless classic. It has a very unique vibe. Mulder is such a lovable nutcase, and Scully is his perfect counterpoint. I used to watch it back when I was a kid (~8 years old), and I remember it being much scarier than it actually is. I didn't know English back then, so I would have no idea what the characters would say, but the show used to scare me shitless.

- The show is very biased in Mulder's favor. Before I watched it, I'd have expected neutral phenomena to happen, with Mulder giving out-there explanations while Scully gave rational ones, leaving the viewers to draw their own conclusions. The actual show dynamics' aren't like that, and the full-on batshit insane supernatural shit is always what actually happens. It's kind of disappointing.

- Given the above, It doesn't make sense why Scully is still a skeptic. She sees supernatural shit like an astronaut's face changing and becoming that of an alien's, a ghost killing people and crushing their throats from the insides, and still refuses to believe in the supernatural.

- Monster of the week episodes can be hit-or-miss, but the main plot that is progressing slowly is a very interesting one. Alien-related episodes always steal the show. The first two episodes of the show were particularly strong.
I disagree on the premise part
mulder yes gives a crazy supernatural theory, but generally scully also explains it scientifically (as in, I don't know how this is happening but perhaps this instance resulted in a genetic mutation etc....)

they addressed your second to last pt in the 4th season, mulder goes 'how many times do I have to be right before you'll start to believe' can't remember what she answered tho

I disagree on the premise part
mulder yes gives a crazy supernatural theory, but generally scully also explains it scientifically (as in, I don't know how this is happening but perhaps this instance resulted in a genetic mutation etc....)

they addressed your second to last pt in the 4th season, mulder goes 'how many times do I have to be right before you'll start to believe' can't remember what she answered tho

Keep in mind that this was a very early impression of the show. Would have been interesting if sometimes the rational scientific explanation is what actually happens. It's always the ghost story version of the event that wins.

I'm in the sixth season now and am accustomed with the show's dyamics.

Season 6 - Episode 8 now. Series is starting to become self indulgent but is still brilliant.

Loved the double episode where some man-in-black switches bodies with Mulder. It was one of the better light-hearted storylines of the show.

Absolutely hated the canon episode where Skinner is poisoned via nanotechnology, killed, then resurrected by Crycek. I'm usually a sucker for canon episodes but this one was "soap opera" as fuck towards the ending.

Season 6, Episode 2 might be my favorite episode of the series so far. WALTER fucking WHITE x Fox Mulder oh my fucking god the dynamic between these two was awesome. This is like some fantasy fan-fiction come true. Bryan Cranston totally killed it in his role. No wonder he got the Breaking Bad gig because of it.

This thread made me want to watch it but Netflix doesn't have it anymore. Fuck my life

I started watching the Millinuem box set, I'm on the last season now, it's a fantastic under rated show. I'll have to buy the X-Files and watch them all to.

Back