State of Decay 2

Is it worth the 30 bucks? I'm wanting to buy it but a buddy at work is going to play it this weekend and let me know if it is worth the buy.

What's the deal with maps?

You get to choose which one (out of three) to start from. Each one is about the size of the full SOD1 map. If you build up your communication tower enough you can find the other two maps and travel between them.

I'm guessing they broke it up into separate maps because having all three in memory at once was too much? I dunno.

Is it worth the 30 bucks? I'm wanting to buy it but a buddy at work is going to play it this weekend and let me know if it is worth the buy.

I totally think so. I would have paid $60 but then again this is my kind of game. You might not agree. It's buggy and not the best looking game but I dig the mechanics of the game. It's like an action RPG mixed with Sims.

ACG did a good review on it.

Just downloaded this off of gamepass today and played for about an hour and half.

Like it so far. I like the camera angle better on this one, being up closer to the character and what not.

Finished one map. Moved to another. Sick of the game.
I'm a gun lover I know more about guns than anything else and these are the guns I found in the game after completing one map and setting up a full base on the 2nd map.

Glock 17 (8)
MP5 Civilian (6)
Uzi (1 in .22 and single fire -_-)
AK47 (4)
Grenade Launcher (1)
.357 snubnose revolver (3)
.44 Magnum (1 with no ammo ever found)
.50 Rifle (1 bought in game, no ammo)
AR-15 (1)
generic pumpaction (1)
G36 (1 from ultimate supply drop)
CZ Scorpion Evo (1 from Ultimate supply drop)
AA-12 Shotgun (1 from ultimate supply drop)
SigSauer pistol (4)
Generic Smith & Wesson M&P (4)
.22 Rifles (8)
M14 (2)
Colt 1911 (Trade from friends game, have not found in my game)
Colt Python (2)
Ingram Mac-10 (1)

That is every gun I've found so far, compared to the original there is about 1/5th of the firearms in the game unless there are a lot more that I haven't found.

You get to choose which one (out of three) to start from. Each one is about the size of the full SOD1 map. If you build up your communication tower enough you can find the other two maps and travel between them.

I'm guessing they broke it up into separate maps because having all three in memory at once was too much? I dunno.

I totally think so. I would have paid $60 but then again this is my kind of game. You might not agree. It's buggy and not the best looking game but I dig the mechanics of the game. It's like an action RPG mixed with Sims.

ACG did a good review on it.

Loved the first, but havent been able to play much of 2 yet. I just wish Undead Labs were capable of making an Xbox 360 arcade looking game run at 60fps stable on a gtx 1080 and an I5 6600. Jesus Christ.

Loved the first, but havent been able to play much of 2 yet. I just wish Undead Labs were capable of making an Xbox 360 arcade looking game run at 60fps stable on a gtx 1080 and an I5 6600. Jesus Christ.

Not sure what's wrong with your computer.
I7 7700k at 4.6ghz
GTX 1070
32gb Ram
Game is on an SSD
Max settings at 1440p average FPS is 86, Lowest at 55 with the highest being 130. Monitor is running at 144hz with a maximum 165hz (I choose not to bother using the factory OC to that because I think it's unecessary) G-Sync is on. Dips to 55 happen only in multiplayer games when two or more hordes arrive or there are a lot of explosions because of me going apeshit with my grenade launcher.

Not sure what's wrong with your computer.
I7 7700k at 4.6ghz
GTX 1070
32gb Ram
Game is on an SSD
Max settings at 1440p average FPS is 86, Lowest at 55 with the highest being 130. Monitor is running at 144hz with a maximum 165hz (I choose not to bother using the factory OC to that because I think it's unecessary) G-Sync is on. Dips to 55 happen only in multiplayer games when two or more hordes arrive or there are a lot of explosions because of me going apeshit with my grenade launcher.

Damnit. Odd.

Only have 16gb ddr4 ram, and not on an ssd. I get lots of stutters when it goes down in fps. the level of detail, despite being on high, looks like dogshit (I don't care in this case) but it seems like the lod is causing decent enough fps drops.

Game looks like shit on any setting I'm pretty sure.

12 hours in. I've lost four survivors already.

Just moved my base to a bigger place though, but only have five people.

I've had two bugs so far.. once I got stuck in the ground, under a car, luckily I was able to radio to a different spot. The other was when I lost a survivor, my HUD disappeared and I couldn't get it back through the settings. I had to exit the game and reload to get it back.

12 hours in. I've lost four survivors already.

Just moved my base to a bigger place though, but only have five people.

I've had two bugs so far.. once I got stuck in the ground, under a car, luckily I was able to radio to a different spot. The other was when I lost a survivor, my HUD disappeared and I couldn't get it back through the settings. I had to exit the game and reload to get it back.
We gotta get co op going. I got ya back

Yeah, I need to start ramping shit up and getting more survivors.

Well I'll probably be on tonight and I can help chip in if you're on. I can also bring you some of my loot, if that carried over from my last game, still have to check

Me playing State of Decay 2

Day 1: This game still looks like ass four years later

Day 2: Is that the same bar interior they used in State of Decay 1

Day 3: Is that the same gas station interior they used in State of Decay 1

Day 4: Is that the same restaurant interior they used in State of Decay 1

Day 5: Eh, this game's still fun though

Day 6: This game is ass and clearly a rushed production and I hate everyone for thinking this is next gen quality

Day 7: Aw mate, can't wait to play more State of Decay 2 what a great game

Day 8: What happened to all my leg sweeps and jump kicks f*ck this game

Day 9: Is this the same house interior as State of Decay 1

Day 10: Hey look a large hillbilly trailer park! I bet the game devs hid a bunch of cool redneck weapons inside th-nope you can't go inside ANYTHING the doors are sealed

Day 11: *crying sounds

Day 12: Alright this time I'm putting outpost on resource generating sites and not random empty lots like I did in the first game

Day 13: I'm ready for multiplayer my character is stocked and locked and loaded, lets do thi-aaand my character is tired and I have no way of resting her or swapping out in this random guy's base goodbye everyone *logs out*

And darkness in this game is DARK. The flashlight seems weaker outside than in a building. Tempted to turn up the gamma but wanna keep it realistic. No bugs yet.

Veterans of the first game got to the gamma settings screen and were like

<{fry}>

Turn that shit all the way up

Day 13: I'm ready for multiplayer my character is stocked and locked and loaded, lets do thi-aaand my character is tired and I have no way of resting her or swapping out in this random guy's base goodbye everyone *logs out*

Alright fixed, apparently if you go to your map in the multiplayer hosts base you can view your own community and switch characters there

Other player's infirmaries won't heal you though so be sure your own community stock is first aided out

Is it the same as the first game? That pissed me off when I hadn't played for like 3 weeks, came back and half my camp was dead.

just downloaded this earlier, liked the last one. interested to see how this one stacks up. will be happy to jump on multiplayer with folks once Ive built my base up a bit.

my gamertag is MayhemMonkey919

Is there no free play/sandbox mode like the last one? It's been awhile, but I feel like that was definitely a mode.

Me and Tete cleaned up some plague hearts last night. I got a dropped connection a couple of times and couldn't access my inventory most of the time. Otherwise it was fun. Hopefully they clean up the netcode a bit.

Back