Stating the Obvious: If DC Wants Money Fights He Should Fight Jones

DC fighting Lesnar is a bigger money fight than Jones. Gus wants a money fight too so he wants to fight Jones.

To still talk about Jones "smoking" DC after he got busted for roids twice (and other questionable things he has done) shows your lack of brain power and truth seeking ability. Most jones huggers have the same sociopathic mentality.
BEEcNgm.gif

There are some things money can't buy: integrity.

Jones has zero. He can go f himself.

All he'd do is cheat again. Prove he won't if you disagree.

Brock first, Jones the last fight. Both are big money fights.

He is fighting Brock and that's it.

He doesn't want to ruin his nice streak by getting demolished by Jones. No reason to think/guarantee Jon fights clean.

And Brock isn't clear until January as I recall, DC isn't fighting again a few weeks later.

Its D.C. Vs Brock. Period.

He is fighting Brock and that's it.

He doesn't want to ruin his nice streak by getting demolished by Jones. No reason to think/guarantee Jon fights clean.

And Brock isn't clear until January as I recall, DC isn't fighting again a few weeks later.

Its D.C. Vs Brock. Period.
If DC vs Brock happens on January 8th why couldn't DC Jones happen in March? It would be a quick 2 month turn around but if the Brock fight goes smoothly with no medical suspension I could see DC Jon happening in a couple months as his last career fight.

To still talk about Jones "smoking" DC after he got busted for roids twice (and other questionable things he has done) shows your lack of brain power and truth seeking ability. Most jones huggers have the same sociopathic mentality.
I have hated Jones since day one.... the fact remains DC was bested and the doubt is going to be in his head no matter if Jones is clean or not... Jones is a piece of shit and should be blackballed in my opinion. Make him prove himself at the very least against 5-10 guys. He doesn't deserve any kind of big money top 5 fights. I'll also add I can't stand DC either but at least he's been consistent in his career with the way he has carried himself and fights when he says he's going to unlike much of the roster these days.

Last edited:
Dc brock will do solid numbers. There are still even a few fools here that think brock will have a decent chance against him.

Thst said after DC wipes brock out (likely in the first round), he needs to decide what to do with his last fight

The two toughest fighters he has fought are gus and Jones

If he doesn't fight one of them I expect he will take a lot of flack. Not to mention he is currently holding up 2 weight classes, something he criticized McGregor for doing

If he wants to be a "legacy" fighter he can have his cash fight with brock and then fight someone relevant

Remains to be seen if he does. Frankly at this point I think he is terrified of ending his career on a 3rd loss to Jones

DIsagree. Cormier should keep doing what he's doing. He earned the lucrative spot he's currently standing in. Jones didn't even earn or deserve the shortened suspension so he should just be thankful for the luck/favortism and take whatever bookings he happens to be offered(Which should be Gus at this point, would also settle for Colby LEL). Cormier should take his fight with Brock, and retire like he always wanted to and planned for right around 40.

Dc brock will do solid numbers. There are still even a few fools here that think brock will have a decent chance against him.

Thst said after DC wipes brock out (likely in the first round), he needs to decide what to do with his last fight

The two toughest fighters he has fought are gus and Jones

If he doesn't fight one of them I expect he will take a lot of flack. Not to mention he is currently holding up 2 weight classes, something he criticized McGregor for doing

If he wants to be a "legacy" fighter he can have his cash fight with brock and then fight someone relevant

Remains to be seen if he does. Frankly at this point I think he is terrified of ending his career on a 3rd loss to Jones
You may be right but I have the feeling that DC just needs a little time to let it settle in that Jones got let off the hook for being a cheat. Once that settles in I think he'll turn a corner and warm up to the Jones fight because he made more money off Jon Jones than the rest of his career combined.

He believes he can beat Brock, must doubt himself with Jones

I'll lead with the ppv buys.

Here are DC's ppvs numbers:
(from: https://www.tapology.com/search/mma-event-figures/ppv-pay-per-view-buys-buyrate)
860,000 - UFC 214 Cormier vs. Jones 2 2017.07.29
800,000 - UFC 182 Jones vs. Cormier 2015.01.03
380,000 - UFC 226 Miocic vs. Cormier 2018.07.07
375,000 - UFC 187 Johnson vs. Cormier 2015.05.23
300,000 - UFC 210 Cormier vs. Johnson 2 2017.04.08
250,000 - UFC 192 Cormier vs. Gustafsson 2015.10.03

Here are Brock's numbers sorted by date (most recent at top):
1,009,000 - UFC 200 Tate vs. Nunes 2016.07.09
750,000 - UFC 141 Lesnar vs. Overeem 2011.12.30
1,050,000 - UFC 121 Lesnar vs. Velasquez 2010.10.23
1,160,000 - UFC 116 Lesnar vs Carwin 2010.07.03
1,300,000 - UFC 100 UFC 100 2009.07.11
1,010,000 - UFC 91 Couture vs Lesnar 2008.11.15

My point is pretty simple, Brock is the biggest money fight out there (for god knows what reason other than wwf fans are used to paying for ppvs) but past that DC and Jones struck a magic that other fights didn't. After dropping the first 2 and getting head kick KOed in the second it won't sell as well as it could. However it has a few things going for it with DC being the Champ-Champ, the fight is Jon's heavyweight debut and it's DC's swan song... I could see that pulling more than the first 2 DC Jones fights did. I could see it being competitive with Lesnar DC numbers, especially riding a win over Brock.

I don't think Jon deserves the privilege of fighting but he is cleared. If I'm DC I'll take a chance to avenge my only losses and get potentially my biggest payday on my last fight. Plus DC as a heavyweight does give it a slightly different flavor and make it compelling from a competitive standpoint despite the 2 losses.

Or maybe he goes and fight's Gus again..
Here are Gus's two biggest ppvs:
310,000 - UFC 165 Jones vs. Gustafsson 2013.09.21
250,000 - UFC 192 Cormier vs. Gustafsson 2015.10.03

Dc wants to win money fights.

Why give Jon what he wants? A known PED abuser who legacy is tainted.

Let jon sit

Nah, Brock and Hunt (in AUS) would be good paydays imo.

Let Jones show he can pass tests for a year or so and beat top 5 guys while doing it.

Back