Statue of Chief Justice Roger Taney removed from MD Capitol.

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president?

tenor.gif

Excellent news. But let's not get too far ahead of public acceptance. This is escalating a bit more quickly than I would believe to be safe. This must be a fairly gradual movement. If we rush and have all of the pre-civil war monuments taken down so quickly, we might see increased opposition from even those in the center of the political spectrum. I feel strongly that these removals are worth waiting for rather than risk the middle-grounders to become alienated.

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president? Lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone else, taking no responsibility.

The rghtbis the most sensitive, most emotional unstable group of people I have ever seen.

It never stops, the constant itching, like a rash on their cerebral chode it just doesn't stop.
[/quote[

I don't think so. I think you guys are frustrated at how unresponsive the public was when you called Trump insensitive/offensive. It backfired because nothing he was saying was really offensive and the public started mocking your sheltered fragility.

In response you switched up your gimmick and started calling him overly sensitive. Anything that offended you became his "meltdown". Extremely awkward. Lowered you another tier in public perception.

This is what happens when your own political beliefs are incompatible with the quantitative world and you rely entirely on depicting enemy figureheads as whimsical villains. You likely agree on a majority of his stances but fear being socially ostracized for it, so nonspecific/apolitical criticism best suits your needs.

A group of people beaten down by minorities and homos for so long. Weak afraid and stupid.

This is a strange way of thanking them for their mercy, which was rare in the context of history, completely optional and came with great sacrifice.

All this double yellow nonsense accomplishes is my inability to edit quotation errors. Bum mods.

Repost:

Who's more sensitive than the right? Then the president? Lashing out at everyone, blaming everyone else, taking no responsibility.

The rghtbis the most sensitive, most emotional unstable group of people I have ever seen.

It never stops, the constant itching, like a rash on their cerebral chode it just doesn't stop.

I don't think so. I think you guys are frustrated at how unresponsive the public was when you called Trump insensitive/offensive. It backfired because nothing he was saying was really offensive and the public started mocking your sheltered fragility.

In response you switched up your gimmick and started calling him overly sensitive. Anything that offended you became his "meltdown". Very awkward & lowered you another tier in public perception.

This is what happens when your own political beliefs are incompatible with the quantitative world and you rely entirely on depicting enemy figureheads as whimsical villains. You likely agree on a majority of his stances but fear being socially ostracized for it, so nonspecific/apolitical criticism best suits your needs.

A group of people beaten down by minorities and homos for so long. Weak afraid and stupid.

This is a strange way of thanking them for their mercy, which was rare in the context of history, completely optional and came with great sacrifice.

Excellent news. But let's not get too far ahead of public acceptance. This is escalating a bit more quickly than I would believe to be safe. This must be a fairly gradual movement. If we rush and have all of the pre-civil war monuments taken down so quickly, we might see increased opposition from even those in the center of the political spectrum. I feel strongly that these removals are worth waiting for rather than risk the middle-grounders to become alienated.
With a schtick this unsubtle, how did you last 4 years?

why do all of the pre civil war monuments need to be taken down? this is the slippery slope that people on the right are afraid of.

yes, some of these men were slave-owners but you can't judge them as completely evil people simply because they were in line with the scientific beliefs of their time. many in the united states thought it was alright to lobotomise "loud" children in the not-so-distant past. was it right? no. were they evil people with no redeeming qualities? no.

most of us have learned from the past and it's important that we remember the good and the bad parts of our history. i am not in any way defending slavery or racist hate groups but there is certainly such a thing as going too far in this situation.

Taney is largely and deservedly reviled as one of the worst Supreme Curt justices ever and was hated for vastly increasing tensions between North and South prior to the Civil War with his inexcusable decision in Dred Scott. This is exactly the kind of guy who deserves to have his statue torn down.

Confederate soldiers were objectively aiding a vile cause regardless of their personal motives. This man was articulating and arguing for and giving legal structure to that vile cause. Regardless of what one thinks of Lee, Taney is worse.

Yet, oddly his statue was 1st proposed by an Illinois senator while the war was still raging.

I can't quite reconcile Dred Scott with the plea posted above unless he thought it would force congress to pass an amendment or he was a judge-for-hire.

that was my thought. how did this guy get a statue in the first place?
He was from Maryland
He was a member of the president's cabinet.
He was a long reigning Chief Justice of SCOTUS
He swore in more POTUS than any other Chief Justice in U.S. History
He oversaw many important cases while serving on the Supreme Court. Dried Scott is just one of them.
He manumitted the slaves he inherited.

I was actually thinking this the other day. All this uproar over the Charlottesville statue just accelerated the effort to remove these statues everywhere.
This just proves the deep genius of Soros and his dastardly plans for humanity. We've got them right where we want them now. The next target is Starbucks. It has begun.

my question is how did it last this long?

Because the Confederacy is a super easy target and once people started overreacting to a democratic vote to remove it, it snowballed into a larger analysis of these types of statues.

Strange thought...if it was statue of a sports hero who was then convicted of murder, would there be a strong argument about whether or not to take down the statue?

What's funny is that there is no doubt in my mind that the activists of the future will return to these very same places where confederate statues used to be and say: "see.....I told you they are trying to whitewash history. They removed the statues to hide the truth!"

And the liberal appeasers of the future will tell tall tales of how everything "switched" and it was really the Republicans who removed the statues.

Was discussing this with my New Jersey native , hillary Clinton voting / Trump hating in laws tonight over dinner , and they both thought it ridiculous to start tearing confederate statues down.

I think it's funny (but idiotic) that people are starting to vandalize any statue they see now, regardless of what it stands for. Apparently statues are bad news.
Cant wait till one of these morons gets killed by pulling a statue down on top of themselves

Cant wait till one of these morons gets killed by pulling a statue down on top of themselves

We should tittle that video,

"When Statues fight back"
"When Satatues attack"
"Statues go bad 3"

Back