Statues coming under fire in Australia too now.

lol ok, cuz your dumb enough to believe that moving a statue would change history when in today's internet age people can't even get away with erasing a tweet you racist ignorant redneck.
put the bango down and read something other than fox news ya boob!

Wow. Have you thought about why this is suddenly such a big deal? We had a black president for 8 years. In that time the subject didn't even come up.

These statues were fine then but now they're racist. You're so fucking brainwashed it's unbelievable.

You still have not responded to the question of how you compare MLK to Robert E Lee?
you just regurgitate a stereo type and spew something out of the blue about transgender?
If you have any credibility then you could certainly answer with something more thoughtful than " you wear gold teeth and watch gay people" right?

I don't have to compare the two because your original argument does not require me to do so.

Let's break it down for you as simply as possible.

Did you not claim that moving a historical statue has zero effect on history? Yes or no?

You said that it did not and you were very clear about that. If that is the case then it shouldn't matter what statue we move and for what reason. That was my point. Figure it out.

Don't complain about racial pejoratives when you did the same. You urban leftists are notorious for running your big mouths and the crying foul when you catch some shrapnel in return.

Acting like you know where I live, and what color I am all from my post, and bringing up someone's gender who wasn't in the conversation shows your intelligence and security level.
Ignorance is bliss!

Gold teeth are better than no teeth I'm told.

Kind of like the assumptions behind your 'ignorant redneck' and 'banjo' comment you POS? I know, it's different when you do it because you are such a special and unique urban snowflake right?

You still have not responded to the question of how you compare MLK to Robert E Lee?

They are both historical figures with statues because they represent important aspects of past events.

Stop pretending that liberals have positive motives. Lincoln freed the slaves. It didn't matter. Black-on-black slavery still exists in Africa today and many of these same people still romanticize the so-called motherland. It's all bullshit.

WEB_4P_ENGLEWOOD_LINCOLN_STATUE_BURNED.jpg

Last edited:
Bleed over from the American news cycle. It's a huge factor since the "free trade agreement" axed local content laws and even more so with the rise of online infotainment.
We'll get gun control, healthcare and identity politics issues being raised when they are headlining in the US, even though our situation is completely different.

Well, then let's say move it to the bottom of the ocean. You said that moving it makes no difference. So who cares if MLK never killed someone you liberal sewer dweller? You just said that moving a statue does not change history. So why can't we move all of them? I bring up MLK and all of a sudden statues matter.

You logic is fucked anyway. If moving a statue has no impact then why fucking move it dip shit? Either it makes a difference or it doesn't.
he said it doesn't change history. he didn't say it has no impact.

he said it doesn't change history. he didn't say it has no impact.

And I said "zero impact on history" so it means the same thing.

Captain Cook's statue which says he discovered Australia, will now read he explored instead of discovered.

this actually makes sense, how can you "discover" something that has already been inhabited? same goes for vikings/columbo/magelan discoveries of other continents

And I said "zero impact on history" so it means the same thing.
it impacts history, in that in the history books it will be written that colonial statues were resisted.

history is not erased because statues of controversial colonial figures are moved to a museum.

they weren't raised to increase historical knowledge, they were raised to honor the person. if the person's not honorable or if people dislike having a statue of a guy who wanted them to be slaves in their city/surrounding, put it in a museum. problem solved.

this actually makes sense, how can you "discover" something that has already been inhabited? same goes for vikings/columbo/magelan discoveries of other continents
very true. it's not a discovery, it's a conquest.

well, the vikings just traded but colombus was definitely a conquest.

Can someone please dig a giant snake pit around these statues and cover it with a tarp and some leaves on top.

I would think most countries had a native race before western explorers turned up? The western world was the world more or less. Australia, NZ and other countries were discovered as far as the western world was concerned. People aren't saying there wasn't a native race in Oz and NZ, everyone obviously knows there were and that they'd been around for a long time as well.

First_Prime_Minister_of_Australia.jpg

As long as the statue of your first PM still stands, Australia's history will never be lost.

it impacts history, in that in the history books it will be written that colonial statues were resisted.

history is not erased because statues of controversial colonial figures are moved to a museum.

they weren't raised to increase historical knowledge, they were raised to honor the person. if the person's not honorable or if people dislike having a statue of a guy who wanted them to be slaves in their city/surrounding, put it in a museum. problem solved.

You are talking about contemporary history. As it stands right now it's a current event.

I never said that it would be erased. I just said that it's stupid. If we continue down this path then eventually the American flag has to be removed from public view and George Washington from the dollar bill. This is never going to end. Some liberals now want Mt. Rushmore removed. Museums are not off limits either. There are calls to have Teddy Roosevelt removed from the American Museum of Natural History in NY. Get real man. Deal with the reality of just how insane all of this is.

A statue of a controversial figure in a museum is still a statue of a controversial figure. It changes nothing. My argument is that it's a pointless waste of time to make fools feel as if they have achieved some kind of empty moral victory. How is placing a statue in a museum a form of resistance?

History is not erased if we pretend that slavery and the Holocaust never happened either. If people are so offended by slavery then why not remove it from the history books? Or perhaps only make them available in special museums like the statues? Is that where we are headed? Where will the liberals focus all of their moral outrage? We have seen that eventually they will attack the museums as well. It's never enough.

Who is or isn't considered honorable is pretty subjective. Black students at Berkeley wanted a a campus building named after a convicted cop killer. In California that kind of bullshit is generally tolerated and encouraged. Liberals only want to promote their versions of history.

Last edited:
A statue of a controversial figure in a museum is still a statue of a controversial figure. It changes nothing. My argument is that it's a pointless waste of time to make fools feel as if they have achieved some kind of empty moral victory. How is placing a statue in a museum a form of resistance?
taking it out of the public space, where it was erected a symbol of admiration etc, and into a museum where it belongs doesn't seem insane. seems like the right thing to do actually.

taking it out of the public space, where it was erected a symbol of admiration etc, and into a museum where it belongs doesn't seem insane. seems like the right thing to do actually.

Because it can't be admired in a museum?

History is not erased if we pretend that slavery and the Holocaust never happened either. If people are so offended by slavery then why not remove it from the history books? Or perhaps only make them available in special museums like the statues? Is that where we are headed? Where will the liberals focus all of their moral outrage? We have seen that eventually they will attack the museums as well. It's never enough.
our knowledge of history would be erased if we would pretend it didn't happen. nobody is saying people should forget the history of the confederacy. rather put the objects of admiration of slave drivers into a museum/defaced. i'm not in favor of the defacement, but putting it into a museum is perfectly acceptable.

Back