Status of The Handshake? Who's hand wouldn't you shake?

the bigger problem is you never know what the other person is accustomed to.....a firm shake, a clap/backclap combo, a dap, a fistbump, that weird shake/one arm brohug thing, etc...

It's more guessing and/or adjusting on the fly that leads to hilarity
Honestly I’ve given up on that shit and just go with a regular handshake in all occasions. If someone wants to fistbump/slide/pattycake instead that’s on them for being a fruitcake.

Its that little bit of moisture, that really sends the imagination spiralling out of control, and an instant of panic.

I have refused handshakes before, and it can be awkward. Sometimes there is a price to pay for making a point.

I break handshakes down into 2 categories. Introductory and validating/showing respect.

I do not refuse any introductory handshake. Anyone I am meeting for the first time would not be refused a handshake. I consider that basic courtesy. But once the introductions are over, my standards change. I am not super picky, and in general would opt for courtesy over making a point in a public setting. But there are instances where I have refused a handshake.

For example I recently ran into a former customer in a networking setting who stiffed me for some money. It was not a significant sum. But it is not in dispute. He has the money, but he just decided not to pay it. He came up to speak with a fellow I was chatting with and did not see me at first. The guy did not know we knew each other. When that guy introduced us, this asshat reached out his hand to shake mine and I just looked him straight in the eyes and did not move. After the tension of the moment enveloped us all, Doucheboy make an awkward exit. I continued my conversation with the guy I was talking to, but it obviously took on a different tone.

I don't do this often. But when I do, I usually end up wishing I'd handled it differently.

I have no idea why, but when I saw this thread it made me wonder, what would you do if a man with no hands you just met put out his stub. Would you shake it?

Means jack shit, it's just a social jesture. I've shook hands with people I highly respect, and I've shook the hands of people that I wanted to physically assault.

If you look like you got aids or sick, I'm not shaking your hand or even be near you.
When really dirty bums try to shake my hand after I give them some change, I hit 'em with the...
<{cruzshake}>

I have no idea why, but when I saw this thread it made me wonder, what would you do if a man with no hands you just met put out his stub. Would you shake it?
You'd end up shaking his entire body. Just dab it, Bro.

I avoid it now. That’s how the zombie apocalypse will get started.

In the modern day, we know how bad shit gets spread that old days jackasses who created these customs didn't. It should be modified into some sort of "air" high five.

Me and @Milord Sir Mangrinder have shaken hands IRL

giphy.gif

Ron Jeremy visited my college back in the day to do a stand up act. I shook his hand afterwards and I felt a chill go through my body. It made me feel sick.

Back