Steam's new privacy settings bring an end to Steam Spy

@Madmick

Never understood your pattern of turning topical discussions into personal attacks.
I'm attacking Valve. Not sure what on earth made you think you were the "little-engine-that-could".

I'm attacking Valve.

Just from this thread alone:
Please, don't insult me again by pretending that this was a "pre-planned vacation", and expect me to believe you.
Didn't take long to extract that concession. Next time spare us the pre-planned vacation nonsense.
Stop spinning.
I can see that you have no meaningful response to muster. I didn't expect one, but you can spare us the pretense.

My position on this Steam API matter i made quite clear. An this situation is whats commonly referred to as "Valve Time".

EU already has an anti-trust investigation looking into Valve. They (along with Facebook, Google, Uber, and probably others I can't think of) sound like a good first round of sacrificial lambs for GDPR. Especially given the nebulous nature of it and that they've had two years to comply, I don't see why they'd want to poke the bear. Assuming they are still around $700m in revenue, could lead up to a $28m fine.

My position on this Steam API matter i made quite clear. An this situation is whats commonly referred to as "Valve Time".
valve_time_clock_by_vectorjeff-d2xex1g.png

And I only have 2k worth of TF2 items(beside games).

Noticed this mainly only happened to me after playing in a CSGO casual server. In these casual servers, players frequently have some random skin gambling website theyre advertising with some sort of referral link in their profile.

Guessing these websites were botting the players advertising via their recently played with/against players list then sending out spam invites.

Who knows if a game will still start, if I disable 'start Steam at startup of PC'

I do like the new privacy settings. It's a shame that they do that to steamspy, though. Hoping that there is a solution that provides some info while protecting the privacy of individual users.

Back