Steeler Nation 2018

Thunderchild

Platinum Nation Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
We have a lot of offensive weaponry, but how will the defense be this year?

i

AB will be on IR before week 3.

<{yearp}>

Alex Smith and Trent Williams season ending scooter accident

tenor.gif

Say what you want about Smith but leave Trent out of this!

Anyways, What have y'all done on defense this summer? What's your take on it?

Say what you want about Smith but leave Trent out of this!

Anyways, What have y'all done on defense this summer? What's your take on it?

I think the development of Terrell Edmunds our first rd. draft pick will be key. The league isn't about base defenses anymore its about subpackages and putting in highly versatile personell. Edmunds is a "safety" but he is really a hybrid linebacker. We will be trying out a "dollar" defense (7 dbs 2-2 front) package in certain situations this year and he will be critical.

I am a little worried about our ILB's in our base defense, but out OLB's (TJ Watt and Bud Dupree) are agile and quick enough to play in our nickel/dime/dollar subpackages.

It is a throwing league now and we are still trying to adjust from what for decades has been a vaunted run-stopping defense.

I'd have so much more faith if Shazier hadn't been hurt. He was such an exceptional talent. I feel like we're in that awkward in between where our pass rush can't cover for a poor secondary and vice-versa. I don't hold out much hope for anything more than a Divisional Round win, but I think the division itself is there for the taking.

Last edited:
His own O-Lineman KO'ing Big Rape not exactly a great omen. Browns loom week 1, lol.

I think the development of Terrell Edmunds our first rd. draft pick will be key. The league isn't about base defenses anymore its about subpackages and putting in highly versatile personell. Edmunds is a "safety" but he is really a hybrid linebacker. We will be trying out a "dollar" defense (7 dbs 2-2 front) package in certain situations this year and he will be critical.

I am a little worried about our ILB's in our base defense, but out OLB's (TJ Watt and Bud Dupree) are agile and quick enough to play in our nickel/dime/dollar subpackages.

It is a throwing league now and we are still trying to adjust from what for decades has been a vaunted run-stopping defense.

I am concerned about the speed of the ILB's. I am a fan of Vince Williams, but sideline to sideline is not his strength. Dupree also needs to step up. The offense will be fine barring injury.

@boyer I noticed you are Steelers Nation in that ridiculous thread about McGregor. GTFIH bro!

What is your take on our outlook this year?
Didn't really do much to improve the defense imo. Probably be similar to last year. Edmunds seems like a reach who could have been had with our 2nd round pick.

Didn't really do much to improve the defense imo. Probably be similar to last year. Edmunds seems like a reach who could have been had with our 2nd round pick.

He was 100% a scheme/chemistry pick imo.

My prediction for this season; the defense will single handily lose them several games, they will lose to at least 2 or 3 teams they have no business losing to, the standard will be the standard, Bell & Brown drama, Tomlin will still be employed after another failure of a season.

Was at Jax playoff game

No shazier

No heart

Tomlin will continue to be a goof

9-7 wild card

Back