Stephen Hawking passes away at 76

"At the age of 22 Prof Hawking was given only a few years to live after being diagnosed with a rare form of motor neurone disease."

Remarkable. RIP.

Which is understandable if you know the person and are talking to someone who knew him.

No one posting here did tho, all they know is his work and guess what, that hasn't died, it's still just as available.
Ah, so you’re one of those people who like to bitch and complain about everything. Try and find some happiness in life or you know, get laid once in a while. It’ll cheer you up.

I've always thought 'if you didn't physically meet someone or email with them then you can't have feelings about it' is a silly metric. I didn't know anybody in the Twin Towers either, I can still have a reaction. We all share the experience of life, so if I hear someone died, as long as they weren't some kind of horrific scumbag, tossing out a RIP isn't grand virtue signaling, it's just a basic tip of the cap gesture. We're all heading there someday.

Cool.

When I give condolences it's to those who knew the person to let them know that I share some of their pain, their loss.

People who only know a persons work don't lose anything except maybe the chance to see more of it. That's not even an issue when the person is past their working prime.

It's called gratitude.

Which would make sense if you were thanking the person in question. But you're not. You're expressing a sentiment socially, for social reasons.

He's one of those people that you feel like you know even though you never met him. I hoped he might come up with more work as his mind was so deep into his theories. The end of that mind is a great loss for science.

Here here

Ah, so you’re one of those people who like to bitch and complain about everything. Try and find some happiness in life or you know, get laid once in a while. It’ll cheer you up.

Heh, you obviously don't follow me, I'm about as happy as it's possible to be, ie I have a mindset that is fertile ground for happiness to occur. Life is great, my kids and wife are great, my work is great, my health is great, no money concerns, etc etc. I get laid at least once a week which is plenty thankyou very much.

incredible how long he has lived with ALS. Most people die within 5 years.

He contributed more to human knowledge from the confines of his wheelchair than the sum total of everyone on this forum. Humbling.
Speak for yourself.

There are a few of us sherdoggers who have been working on shortly releasing our MAGNUM OPUS.

It is a compendium of collected wisdom and knowledge from the Sherdog forums and will be dvidided into the following sub sets:

- 'Sherbro Science' - flat earth forward provide by @Scyther RIP.

- 'Religion V Science' - @ripskater editor in chief

- Life advice - Trannies not just for breakfast anymore forward by @Zer. Also 'The Value of Womanhood' composite collection of endless posters who will tell you women have zero worth above a certain age and without their virginity intact.

Politics, The Right V Left debate edited jointly while singing Kumbaya by @Byron Carter and @Jack V Savage.

So ya RIP Mr Hawking but don't worry as our Sherdog experts will pick up and further your fine work!

Speak for yourself.

There are a few of us sherdoggers who have been working on shortly releasing our MAGNUM OPUS.

It is a compendium of collected wisdom and knowledge from the Sherdog forums and will be dvidided into the following sub sets:

- Life advice - Trannies not just for breakfast anymore forward by @Zer. Also 'The Value of Womanhood' composite collection of endless posters who will tell you women have zero worth above a certain age and without their virginity intact.

Politics, The Right V Left debate edited jointly while singing Kumbaya by @Byron Carter and @Jack V Savage.

So ya RIP Mr Hawking but don't worry as our Sherdog experts will pick up and further your fine work!
ever so humble to leave out your own research paper on the gameness of pit bulls.

Who can replace and continue his work?

It is extraordinary that he accomplished what he did considering his ailment. But if you asked a room of physicists yesterday, "Who are the five greatest physicists living based solely on their research?", you wouldn't get a single mention of Hawking. What he did with his disease and the way he popularized science is his legacy. All of this isn't to say his research wasn't important, Hawking Radiation acted as an impulse for all sorts of different research. But someone like 't Hooft's (my choice for greatest living scientist), purely scientific accomplishments dwarf Hawking's.

RIP Mr. creator of time

Which is understandable if you know the person and are talking to someone who knew him.

No one posting here did tho, all they know is his work and guess what, that hasn't died, it's still just as available.

Why we wouldn't? What should we say?

Which would make sense if you were thanking the person in question. But you're not. You're expressing a sentiment socially, for social reasons.

A-troop-of-gorillas.jpg

We social animals.

tumblr_n9vj6tlq8d1smcbm7o1_500.gif

Speak for yourself.

You forgot the art of cuckoldry

RIP

They should name a killer asteroid after him.

Damn

RIP man. WE lost a great mind

Why we wouldn't? What should we say?

Good question. Probably either nothing, or one could use being reminded of the work he did that you loved as impetus to discuss it. Most of us don't understand what he did though, we just know we're supposed to hold him in high regard.

Back