Stephen Thompson talks about RDA's performance

Kung Fu bb

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

Among other things, Thompson said:
..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

Wonderboy talking about another fighter "just outpointing" ??????????
{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
tumblr_mm9xl2Urid1sq1a4no3_400.gif
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?

Wonderboy's had two shots against Woodley and underwhelmed in both.

The UFC would be idiots to make this fight. Keeping new blood coming at the title is what makes sense.

But this is the UFC we're talking about.

And yes, Wonderboy sounds like a jerk off here.

Oh man wonder boy really gonna mention RDA not going for a finish..

Wtf? Wonderboy is on some BS here

RDA didn't impress WB? did he forget about his two bullcrap "fights" with Tyrun? Were he did nothing but throw light taps to score points

tenor.gif

That was me up until Woodley rocked him

I like Thompson, but in this instance

{<doc}
<Huh2>

<{hfved}>

wonderboy should be the last person to call someone out for point fighting.

1) I'm a big Wonderboy fan but, yeah, he can't say shit about anyone else point fighting :D

2) RDA should have finished Lawler given the state he was in. It's deeply unimpressive that he couldn't.

1) I'm a big Wonderboy fan but, yeah, he can't say shit about anyone else point fighting :D

2) RDA should have finished Lawler given the state he was in. It's deeply unimpressive that he couldn't.

RDA is at a size and power disadvantage over just about everyone at WW. It's not surprising that he lacks finishing power in that division, and that shouldn't be a knock on him either.

I think Stephen's saying this because he has very high standards for his fights himself. For example when he handily beat Masvidal he was very critical of his own performance.

That said, I don't really agree with him.

RDA fought two cans and a washed up Lawler who most thought lost to Cerrone - in no way does he deserve a shot. At same time neither does Thompson for those pathetic performances he put up vs Tyron. I say make them fight.

I’m at a cross roads, RDA should probably get it. I just don’t like that Robbie was obviously wounded.

RDA is way ahead of Colby Cunningham for sure

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

Among other things, Thompson said:
..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

Wonderboy talking about another fighter "just outpointing" ??????????
{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
tumblr_mm9xl2Urid1sq1a4no3_400.gif
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?

I like Thompson but well said.

I figure he doesn't want to get lost in rdas limelight

RDA fought two cans and a washed up Lawler who most thought lost to Cerrone - in no way does he deserve a shot. At same time neither does Thompson for those pathetic performances he put up vs Tyron. I say make them fight.
problem with that fight is if wonderboy won it'd be hard to deny him the title shot but noone wants to see another TWood Wonderboy fight

Wonderboy is a Christian. Christians don't believe in logic.

he had 2 ts and didnt impress me at all, Woodley was much near to finishing him, he´s just salty RDA could get the next ts

Wonderbpy vs rda i Wanna c it

Give RDA the damn title shot and thats it. I would bet 50 bucks on him not being able to take that belt from Woodley. But at least I wont have to hear to all of you bitching about it. Imo RDA loses to many guys at welterweight.

Back