Stephen Thompson talks about RDA's performance

problem with that fight is if wonderboy won it'd be hard to deny him the title shot but noone wants to see another TWood Wonderboy fight
I don't care if no one wants to see it, first fight was a draw and the president of the company himself said he had Thompson winning the rematch. Wonderboy deserves another shot soon.

Wonderboy definitely trying to cockblock RDA.

RDA fought two cans and a washed up Lawler who most thought lost to Cerrone - in no way does he deserve a shot. At same time neither does Thompson for those pathetic performances he put up vs Tyron. I say make them fight.
Calling Magny and Saffedine cans just makes you sound ignorant. Do you even know what a can is?

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

Among other things, Thompson said:
..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

Wonderboy talking about another fighter "just outpointing" ??????????
{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
tumblr_mm9xl2Urid1sq1a4no3_400.gif
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?

I agree.

Thats rich coming from a guy that had a 25 minute starring contest with Woodley the last time he fought for the belt.

I still remember when McGregor said that dos Anjos was a 'bum version of Aldo'.

lmao.

dos Anjos is one of the greatest MMA fighters of all time.
He will probably beat Woodley up, IF he gets a chance.

rda's never been a ko fighter meaning he doesn't have much power, but he has volume in from all directions in his attacks w/stamina.

That's wonderboy's version of shit talk. He's interested in a fight.

Lol@ Thompson criticising someone about point-fighting.

Give RDA the damn title shot and thats it. I would bet 50 bucks on him not being able to take that belt from Woodley. But at least I wont have to hear to all of you bitching about it. Imo RDA loses to many guys at welterweight.
That's the only good reason to want to see him get the title shot.

Let RDA bang he will at least bring it to Whitley unlike boring boy.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

Among other things, Thompson said:
..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

Wonderboy talking about another fighter "just outpointing" ??????????
{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
tumblr_mm9xl2Urid1sq1a4no3_400.gif
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?

not trying to be a dick but you made some excellent points

Hmm wonderboy maybe you should watch your own fights

Everything he said could be true, but Thompson's still not getting the next title shot.

May as well give it to RDA, the whole Till/Ponzi/Colby/Usman situation needs to settle itself in the meantime.

I'm a wonderboy fan, but he shouldn't talk about title shots. Ever.
(well maybe if Woodley losses and there's a good stylistic fight)

Wonderboy beat Tyrone twice.

He must know something.

lol. WB is risking everything here, cause I can clearly see RDA pressuring him into a TKO/SUB. What will be of him after being finished by RDA? Move to another division or event? I see WB being a much easier fight to RDA than Woodley.

Woodly is a one trick pony, however a really strong and explosive pony. I dont know if RDA can take Woodley down or eat a bomb and stay up.

Back