Stephen Thompson talks about RDA's performance

actually a smart move - thompson knows he won't get a title shot so he start provoking RDA - if he wins, thompson gets the first shot.

RDA did a great job beating Lawler. Lawler is dangerous even when hurt and I think RDA was playing it smart. And I'd rather see him play it smart than lose like he did to Alvarez again.

A bunch of people crying because Wonderboy gave his honest synopsis of the fight.

lol. WB is risking everything here, cause I can clearly see RDA pressuring him into a TKO/SUB. What will be of him after being finished by RDA? Move to another division or event? I see WB being a much easier fight to RDA than Woodley.

Woodly is a one trick pony, however a really strong and explosive pony. I dont know if RDA can take Woodley down or eat a bomb and stay up.
RDA won't have to take Woodley down. Just walk him back to the fence and Woodley will trap himself there.

RDA beat the shit out of Lawler like nobody has in a long time.

Not many could survive this onslaught so prop to Robbie's toughness.

Wonderboy had his chances and he did bad. Let RDA get his title shot.

Wonderboy's had two shots against Woodley and underwhelmed in both.

The UFC would be idiots to make this fight. Keeping new blood coming at the title is what makes sense.

But this is the UFC we're talking about.

And yes, Wonderboy sounds like a jerk off here.
If wonderboy was smart he'd want the best to fight Woodley, and fight cans until (looking like a monster just crushing people). Not stopping any one who could possibly beat Woodley. Cause thats the only way he gets another shot

Last edited:
https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

Among other things, Thompson said:
..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

Wonderboy talking about another fighter "just outpointing" ??????????
{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
tumblr_mm9xl2Urid1sq1a4no3_400.gif
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?
Don't completely blame Wonderboy for boring fights with Tyron. It takes two to tango...and Tyron is a very common dance partner in boring fights. Very common.

It rubbed me the wrong way for him to wait 14 months to pout his way to a title shot. And now I'd love to see ANYONE knock his block off quick fast in a hurry. I don't like RDA and his boo-boo sore toe ass but if he beat Tyron I could accept that.

Wonderboy didn't point fight Woodley because he wanted to, he did it because if he sat down on his strikes he'd have gotten knocked the fuck out.

Wasn't much else he could do and he almost got stopped a couple times anyway.

But yah, still funny.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2017/12...os-needs-to-fight-me-for-no-1-contenders-spot

..... “Seeing (Lawler), it was kind of obvious that he wasn’t 100-percent those last three rounds with that knee injury, so I figured RDA would really pick up the pace and try and finish him,” said Thompson. “But he didn’t, he just kind of tried to outpoint him with shots, so he didn’t really impress me then to get that title shot."

{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

Well 1st of all, RDA was not just outpointing Lawler, he absolutely unleashed on him. The fact is, Lawler is just a really tough sob and can absorb huge punishment. And Lawler´s leg injury doesn´t stop him from throwing bombs, we´ve seen that movie before and RDA didn´t want to risk getting knocked the fuck out by a counter.
giphy.gif

And secondly, Wonderboy had 2 shots at the title and spent 10 rounds trying to outpoint Woodley.
I´m a fan of Wonderboy, but he´s getting nowhere near Woodley any time soon. He should fight Ponz or Till.

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?

Wonderboy is just salty that in 2 attempts to win the belt he failed miserably. Now he's trying to steal RDA's thunder and soundy very jealous in the process

He's correct but there's nobody else clearly above RDA either way

It's funny how training partners like Weidman and Wonderboy are so different with their fanbases here.

Wonderboy has a ton of fans while most hate Weidman.

I am a huge fan of Weidman and don't like Wonderboy.

RDA beat the shit out of Lawler like nobody has in a long time.

Not many could survive this onslaught so prop to Robbie's toughness.

Exactly, Lalwer is a tough sob. Thanks for the post and the gif, I was looking for this combo and couldn´t find it.

Much more of a fan of WB than RDA but he’s off the mark here.

RDA has looked great at WW

Who cares. Thompson would treat Robbie almost as bad as he did Hendricks.

{<doc}{<doc}{<doc}

giphy.gif

It´s RDA's turn now.
RDA.gif

Thoughts?
TBH rda performance didn't impress me enough for a title shot either an interim title is needed

Wonderboy.... He would make a fight against Dos Anjos boring... Bicycle the entire fight.

1) I'm a big Wonderboy fan but, yeah, he can't say shit about anyone else point fighting :D

2) RDA should have finished Lawler given the state he was in. It's deeply unimpressive that he couldn't.

I disagree with #2. RDA burned a lot of gas unleashing on Lawler in those first three rounds and I was worried he wouldn't be able to keep a competitive pace. Lawler was still in the fight after the 3rd and RDA did the right being prudent.
He was impressive in the 3 rounds where Lawler wasnt injured. That's the main point.

Back