Stephen Thompson v Darren Till: BBC to broadcast UFC fight live for first time

I think it's a very good thing to have a public service TV
BBC is internationaly recognized

just like health services or public transport, it sounds a good idea to rpivatize until you realize you're getting ripped off, paying more than before for a lesser quality service, the opposite of what was promised to you by the ones who made a lot of money buying that public company, cutting costs and firing people without improving the service itself.
when you have no more trains or hospitals in your town it's too late

Did you just compare the BBC to the NHS?

I hardly think watching “Bake Off” is compatible to having your life saved.

The BBC is a Tory party mouthpiece riddled with nonces and I’d be happy to see it burn to the ground, preferably with that Laura Kussenburg inside.

I work with several Irish people. Most of them don't know who he is, the ones that do tend to be also into boxing or into contact sports. That is changing but he could walk down most streets in the UK and no-one would bother him
Most people I know, who know who Anthony Joshua is, also know who Conor is. Which is quite impressive really. Not mike Tyson or Muhammed Ali level but still....

No he wasn't. I saw it covered in zero mainsteam news outlets. The first time I have seen MMA covered mainsteam at all was when Rhonda lost to Holly. The Floyd fight may have changed things in the last year tru, but he's not well known. He is barely covered in the mainstreeam UK media outside of the floyd fight so engaging with the mainstream media isn't going to make any difference
Dude the dolly throwing shit was on the main bbc news broadcast(tv)!
Talking shite

The BBC is a Tory party mouthpiece riddled with nonces and I’d be happy to see it burn to the ground, preferably with that Laura Kussenburg inside.

I did lol
but I agree that there are some shitty shows on the BBC too, but I blame the didmishing budgets and the lack of supervision for it (wasn't there also an issue with the top salaries recently?)
in terms of information and documentaries, it is still solid

I did lol
but I agree that there are some shitty shows on the BBC too, but I blame the didmishing budgets and the lack of supervision for it (wasn't there also an issue with the top salaries recently?)
Planet earth, blue planet etc is some of the best TV there is!

I did lol

Information?

It is literally a propaganda machine for the Conservative party. They had Corbyn photoshopped over a Kremlin skyline wearing a soviet hat the other week.

Well said,they take your money and harvest it into programmes that tell you how evil and racist the middle aged working,white male is.If you don’t believe me google bbc’s Boycott of the Kriss Donald case compared to Steven Lawrence’s 25 years of constant brainwashing.

Not as well know as Ronaldo or Messi but he is most def news worthy

Nothing wrong with sport on the radio, a lot of people only see what the commentator (eg Rogan) tells them to see anyway.

Tv's are stolen from outside of the city?

Gt+story+doesnt+include+incest+what+even+_834a863336c89e72e6a27441b838c635.jpg

They have to.

They don't have any of their own in Liverpool.

Same with hubcaps.

I heard bbc stands for big black cock

Honestly theres been times where i wanted to listen to the fights.

Being stuck in a car driving for hours during an event.

Or if your stream fucks up. I grew up listening to ball games in the car. Its better than missing it by a mile

So because he is huge is Scandinavia,it’s 100% impossible a few Irish people don’t know who he is?I like your logic

Make no mistake, 100 % of Ireland knows who he is.

He is worshipped as a god in Ouagadougou and Guinea Bissau as well.

This is actually big news. It's only radio but even so it suggests the UFC is slowly starting to get into the mainstream in the UK https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/44185266

Contrary to what the likes of Dana White, Rogan et al say, MMA is an incredibly niche sport in the UK. Almost no-one outside a combat sports gym has heard of Rhonda, Conor or Bisping. That may be changing?
Yes, gaining until over rated Till gets sparked the fook out.

Humanity is on the edge of virtual reality and BBC is broadcasting fights on radio.

It's like watching a movie, let's say Deadpool 2 , The Piano, or The Birds (by Hitchcock), but instead of watching moving pictures, it's commentated live to you by Tito Ortiz, Nate and Nick Diaz and Shogun on their experience while they're watching it.

Not quite the same experience.

Nate Diaz "Some birds n shit flying around... I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"

Nick Diaz " Wolftickets! Need more birds... "

Shogun "They very Movy! Vroom Vroom!"

Tito Ortiz " Birds all over the place, be happy i'm doing this commentary for you even though i have a cracked skull.... "

It's like watching a movie, let's say Deadpool 2 , The Piano, or The Birds (by Hitchcock), but instead of watching moving pictures, it's commentated live to you by Tito Ortiz, Nate and Nick Diaz and Shogun on their experience while they're watching it.

Not quite the same experience.

Nate Diaz "Some birds n shit flying around... I'm not surprised motherfuckers!"

Nick Diaz " Wolftickets! Need more birds... "

Shogun "They very Movy! Vroom Vroom!"

Tito Ortiz " Birds all over the place, be happy i'm doing this commentary for you even though i have a cracked skull.... "
Twice?
Fucking twice?

The BBC 5 Live guys normally do a great job with boxing coverage, hopefully they’ll get people who know what they’re talking about to commentate.

Back