Steve Bannon on 60 Minutes

By the Don who is pretending to be an establishment guy as part of his 4d chess game?
c6rq9GZ.jpg

Yeah, it would have been so difficult to tell people at Breitbart what to do with a simple email while still advising the President in the WH. I mean, just being at Breitbart gives so much more power and influence.....the logic of you people is astounding.

He's too busy for that, and it might be in breach of his contract as a government employee.

I thought you guys were against Trump still running his business after becoming president?

Or why does he needs more than the president's ear? if he wants to send a message to the American people he can always do a press release and they can still work with Breitbart or other media.

That's now how the US government works, dude.

He had influence with Breitbart and being in the WH now he only has Breitbart. He lost power and was pushed out of the WH by Trump for a reason.

So far all we know is that it was a "mutually agreed upon" departure.

If he was pushed it was by Javanka and the globalists, which is a bad sign for the country.

However, Trump has said nothing but good things about Bannon until now. Breitbart pushed for DACA repeal, and before you know it Trump was repealing DACA.

There's more than we know, that's for sure.

So far all we know is that it was a "mutually agreed upon" departure.

If he was pushed it was by Javanka and the globalists, which is a bad sign for the country.

However, Trump has said nothing but good things about Bannon until now. Breitbart pushed for DACA repeal, and before you know it Trump was repealing DACA.

There's more than we know, that's for sure.
I don't believe it was mutual. If it was pushed by Javanka and the "globalist" then that means Trump took the side of them over Bannon.

I don't believe it was mutual. If it was pushed by Javanka and the "globalist" then that means Trump took the side of them over Bannon.

Ivanka's is Trump's Achilles heel, yes; he's too accommodating to her despite the fact that she disagrees with almost all of his politics.

Bannon thinks he is playing trump....but trump is playing him. He basically fired him and made it sound to him like he was forced and still talks to him as he need that crazy base. As long as the likes of bannon is talking to trump they think they can influence him and he will throw them a bone once in a while. Afterall they know this is the only republican president who actually is giving time to the crazy side of the party. But in the end they will realize Ivanka is the brain behind trump. It will be interesting to see how long bannon can stay away from attacking ivanka

Ivanka's is Trump's Achilles heel, yes; he's too accommodating to her despite the fact that she disagrees with almost all of his politics.
She did show up at the end when Trump made that deal with the Dems. Republicans were massively butthurt about it. Who knows maybe his babygirl will push him more to the left and he will remember he was a Dem at one point ;)

She did show up at the end when Trump made that deal with the Dems. Republicans were massively butthurt about it. Who knows maybe his babygirl will push him more to the left and he will remember he was a Dem at one point ;)

Well, I think he did that to make sure something was done and to piss off the RINOs. Remember, leadership in both parties are mostly obstructionists and need to be drained from their swamp. Still, helping the American people comes first (though that's part of it).

Ivanka has sway but not ultimate sway; otherwise DACA would not have been repealed. That has Bannon written all over it.

Well, I think he did that to make sure something was done and to piss off the RINOs. Remember, leadership in both parties are mostly obstructionists and need to be drained from their swamp. Still, helping the American people comes first (though that's part of it).

Ivanka has sway but not ultimate sway; otherwise DACA would not have been repealed. That has Bannon written all over it.
I don't know if that's a good strategy to get things done. If he wants to publicly shame and bully people in his political party to get what he wants he's going to have make other political allies to be there in the future.

I don't know if that's a good strategy to get things done. If he wants to publicly shame and bully people in his political party to get what he wants he's going to have make other political allies to be there in the future.

Well, the bet is that many of the swamp creatures are going to lose out to more pro-Trump Republicans in the coming elections, and so the tide will then shift against the McConnells, McCains and Ryans.

This is what Bannon says in the 60 Minutes interview:

"The swamp is 50 years in the making. Let's talk about the swamp. The swamp is a business model. It's a successful business model. It's a donor-consultant K Street lobbyist-politician-- seven of the nine biggest ca-- most-- wealthiest counties in America ring Washington, D.C.

The permanent political class, as represented by both parties. You're not gonna-- you're not gonna drain that in eight months. You're not gonna drain it in two terms. This is gonna take 10, 15, 20 years of relentlessly going after it."

Oh, and a professional photographer broke down how 60 Minutes manipulated their footage to make Bannon look worse:

Bannon is not a handsome guy, but there is a lot of credibility to this breakdown as Bannon does not have red circles around his eyes or cherry red lips:

Steve_Bannon_2010.jpg

Well, I think he did that to make sure something was done and to piss off the RINOs.

Trump is the textbook definition of a RINO. He could not be more of a RINO if he tried.

Well, the bet is that many of the swamp creatures are going to lose out to more pro-Trump Republicans in the coming elections, and so the tide will then shift against the McConnells, McCains and Ryans.

This is what Bannon says in the 60 Minutes interview:

"The swamp is 50 years in the making. Let's talk about the swamp. The swamp is a business model. It's a successful business model. It's a donor-consultant K Street lobbyist-politician-- seven of the nine biggest ca-- most-- wealthiest counties in America ring Washington, D.C.

The permanent political class, as represented by both parties. You're not gonna-- you're not gonna drain that in eight months. You're not gonna drain it in two terms. This is gonna take 10, 15, 20 years of relentlessly going after it."
If the plan of draining the swamp ( two parties) can take up to 20 years then I think maybe the realization that allies are needed should come sooner rather than later. Allies on the inside would be extra valuable. Allies don't always have to come from within your political party.

Bannon thinks he is playing trump....but trump is playing him. He basically fired him and made it sound to him like he was forced and still talks to him as he need that crazy base. As long as the likes of bannon is talking to trump they think they can influence him and he will throw them a bone once in a while. Afterall they know this is the only republican president who actually is giving time to the crazy side of the party. But in the end they will realize Ivanka is the brain behind trump. It will be interesting to see how long bannon can stay away from attacking ivanka

This is gold, you really think Trump is playing Bannon? Bannon was his strategist and he was limited within the white house. I personally feel like he's better for Trump within the white house but you think he's playing Bannon when Trump is literally getting tired of dealing with the GOP. Bannon was also against the GOP and Democrats. Yes, Bannon leans right but he also understands that to have an effect on American politics you have to go through two parties, not one. I don't think he's crazy either. He's incredibly driven and calculated.

If the plan of draining the swamp ( two parties) can take up to 20 years then I think maybe the realization that allies are needed should come sooner rather than later. Allies on the inside would be extra valuable. Allies don't always have to come from within your political party.

The problem becomes the current state of politics has two parties refusing to give up ground. This is what George Washington and other fore fathers worried about. You can't have allies on the inside. It's not true corruption but it is corruption. It's why revolutionaries are critical within our system. The problem with revolutionaries is that they aren't equal and as a result not beneficial. What I saw from Bernie Sanders before he sold out was revolutionary, but it ultimately took away from the values we had previously established and when you take away the foundation of our society it will devolve into chaos. That is a guarantee. It happens everywhere.

Back