Steve Bannon says 30% chance Trump finishes 1st term

Will Trump finish first term?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I think that Trump will complete his term. He may not be popular with people that aren't on his side of the political spectrum, and he may not be well positioned to win another term. But that doesn't mean that he won't finish this term.

Of course those things are illegal, but you would have to prove intent.

I'm not saying Trump, or anyone else, does these things blatantly, but hiding behind a piece of paper (corporate law) certainly can give you a get out of jail free card, and that was what I was responding to - ie., your original question of how someone can come out ahead, even though they have filed for bankruptcy. Trump could've had all the righteous motive in the world to make gazillions of dollars, but he's not held personally responsible for being a failure, and paying himself an outrageous salary while a company becomes insolvent is not far-fetched at all.

The guy is worth a couple billion dollars yet no bank will loan him money. Stop and think about what that actually means. How could Trump be worth so much, if nobody who did business with him in the past, wants to have anything to do with him anymore? How did Trump come out so far ahead in all these situations?

I'll give you that I am exaggerating a bit when I called him a "complete moron" - it just kind of pisses me off when people attribute his wealth to some kind of genius (not necessarily you). I happen to be of the opinion that plenty of people with average intelligence could easily have done what Trump has done (business wise) if they were to hit the birth lottery like he did. He basically just throws shit against a wall and goes with what sticks, never having to be accountable for his failures or worrying about all the waste that didn't stick thanks to daddy and creditors.

I'm just a little confused by what you are posting in regards to the whole bankruptcy thing.

I get that you think Trump's an Idiot fine, okay.

You used an example of someone abusing bankruptcy proceedings in an attempt to make money... an example that is in no way related to Trump... at first you said it wasn't illegal and then you said it is illegal...

I just don't understand what that was all about there.

I'm just a little confused by what you are posting in regards to the whole bankruptcy thing.

I get that you think Trump's an Idiot fine, okay.

You used an example of someone abusing bankruptcy proceedings in an attempt to make money... an example that is in no way related to Trump... at first you said it wasn't illegal and then you said it is illegal...

I just don't understand what that was all about there.

No problem.

Of course it's not illegal to open your own business and pay yourself in wages whatever you want, then hide behind bankruptcy law when said company goes under. Your wages will have been protected. There is absolutely nothing illegal about that.

Now, if you open a business, and deliberately fail to conduct anything that remotely resembles business-like activity, then yes, that *might* be considered illegal, if someone can prove this was your intention all along. For someone with a lot of money, like Trump, this is a non-issue. He's not opening a small-business and running it himself. I'm not even saying he takes over a large business with the deliberate intent to create a facade. He hires people to run it, which gives it legitimacy, but he himself takes an exorbitant salary, and virtually does nothing. The business tanks (demonstrating Trump's business acumen), the creditors are left footing the bill, and he walks away with his $100 million salary protected. Given the clout that comes with the Fred Trump name, he then turns around and does it all over again. Maybe not on purpose, but him becoming rich by striking out over and over, and getting lucky once in a while is not indicative of shrewd business genius.

left going full retard

they are so emotional with all these hormonal transition

Back