Steve's diet log (advice more than welcome)

ok i guess we can try this again

i'll just log the whole day now since I packed food and am going straight to bjj tonight

Oct 12
700 - 3 eggs, extra whites, 3pc bacon on a whole wheat tortilla + a little cream cheese - estimate 600kcal
800 - deadlift day
900 - 2 scoops protein isolate w/ skim milk - estimate 350cal
1pm - salad w/ spinach and raisins, .8lb of leftover steak - estimate 700kcal
5pm - 1 cup cottage cheese, wheat thins crackers (i realize these are bullshit empty carbs, but (a) it's pre-wo and (b) it is a hell of a lot better than eating out... whole grain, low calories and gets me to eat cottage cheese) - almost exactly 500kcal
730 -BJJ
930 - large glass skim milk, 1 scoop isolate - estimate 200 kcal

today's total will be about 2400 calories if i can stick to this

ok i guess we can try this again

i'll just log the whole day now since I packed food and am going straight to bjj tonight

Oct 12
700 - 3 eggs, extra whites, 3pc bacon on a whole wheat tortilla + a little cream cheese - estimate 600kcal
800 - deadlift day
900 - 2 scoops protein isolate w/ skim milk - estimate 350cal
1pm - salad w/ spinach and raisins, .8lb of leftover steak - estimate 700kcal
5pm - 1 cup cottage cheese, wheat thins crackers (i realize these are bullshit empty carbs, but (a) it's pre-wo and (b) it is a hell of a lot better than eating out... whole grain, low calories and gets me to eat cottage cheese) - almost exactly 500kcal
730 -BJJ
930 - large glass skim milk, 1 scoop isolate - estimate 200 kcal

today's total will be about 2400 calories if i can stick to this

Sounds like a good day diet wise!

Sounds like a good day diet wise!

thanks, i think it was

i'm learning that I can't try to go as low-carb as some of you do because I just fail and then give up. I need to go moderate carb, high protien and i'm more likely to stick with it

Keep it up, i would obviously stick with whatever works for you.

Oct 12
630 - walk w/dog
730 - bowl of oatmeal (400 cal), 6 slices bacon (140 cal)
1100 - chicken sub (no clue)
400 - 2 mcdonalds double cheeseburgers (on one bun) (don't want to know)
700 - bbq chicken sandwich

crappy eating today. Had to drive to columbs and back so wound up eating on the road which makes it hard.

Oct 14
730 - 3 eggs + extra white on tortilla w/ cream cheese (est. 400 cal)
8 - push
915 - whey isolate and skim milk (esst 300 cal)
1230 - cottage cheese and wheat thins (500 cal) + salad
400 - .4lb gound beef w/ a little bbq sauce and some cheddar (no clue)
700 - dinner was one big ass turkey burrito (140cal for tortilla, ?? for .4lb gr turkey (surei coudl look it up... , not sure how much salsa was on it)

Oct 14
730 - 3 eggs + extra white on tortilla w/ cream cheese (est. 400 cal)
8 - push
915 - whey isolate and skim milk (esst 300 cal)
1230 - cottage cheese and wheat thins (500 cal) + salad
400 - .4lb gound beef w/ a little bbq sauce and some cheddar (no clue)
700 - not sure what's for dinner today

That breakfast sounds good, add some bacon and it sounds great.

Oct 15
0700: bowl of oats, small protien shake (est 650 cal)
1200: ground turkey with feta cheese (no idea)
1500: medium salad with vadalia onion dressing (300 cal?)
1900: hamburger helper

Oct 16
0730: 2 eggs + tons of extra white, 1 pepridge farm milano cookie
1200 - big bowl of italian wedding soup
300 - spinach salad
600 - 3 eggs 1/2 bagel, some feta cheese
730 BJJ
930 - protien shake
hungry late, snacked on some pita chips and hummus and one all beef hot dog. sucks I didnt have better willpower but I guess it's better than my usual beerx12 friday night

oct 19
0800: 2 whole eggs, bunch of extra white, red pepper hummus on a small white tortilla
1200: salad w/ vadalia onion dressing, most of a sweet potato
1430: bowl of italian wedding soup (I'm cold)
1600: 1 cup cottage cheese, wheat thins crackers
2000: decent sized bowl of turkey sloppy joe, no bun, green beans

was up a little this morning but fine overall, I'll be below 210 for the grappling tourney in a couple weeks easily. I was 208.8 today.

^ that's just a projection for today because I always forget to come back and edit this one, but since I packed food for work, the only variable is dinner

Also I decided that once I get my 500lb deadlift, I am going to lose more weight for real... I should get to or below 190. I look fat in my front squat vid from this weekend. I'm not sure if I have gotten fatter or if I was never as lean as I thought. When I went from 250 to 215,, i thought I looked pretty decent. I am a little lighter than that now and my strength is way up so I doubt I've actually gotten fatter, it's more likely that I never really stopped being fat

I know what you mean Steve. Sometimes I see pictures of myself and think, "How did I get so fat when I weigh less and am stronger now?" Turns out they were just "good" pictures and I've always been fatter than I wanted to admit.

Oct 20
0730 - oatmeal
1130 - leftover turkey sloppy joe - no bun
1430 - salad w/ onion dressing, most of a sweet potato
1900 - 2 baked chicken breasts in a marinade made of olive oil, vinegar and some spices, smallish serving of brown rice, largeish serving of broccoli

Back