Still think there is no white privilege?

We did horrible things to these people for centuries. Just unimaginably terrible things. Horrible discrimination. "Reverse discrimination" is one way to make up for it.

I'm not saying that affirmative action is ethical. It's not. But it might be necessary.
Yeah, people like a english or a french should blame the Romans for their short accomplishments since they had been slave by then. And demand "historical debt" too.

And then there is a case of Haiti.

Yeah, people like a english or a french should blame the Romans for their short accomplishments since they had been slave by then. And demand "historical debt" too.

And then there is a case of Haiti.
2000 years ago and different countries is much different than 50 years ago and the same country. I think it's a poor comparison.

All society can do for the black community is offer opportunity and extend a hand for them to pull themselves up. But they have to pull themselves up. No one can do the work for any individual.

that's it .. everything else are excuses and pity me bullshit

P

Let's get down to brass tacks. Those who oppose the concept of white privilege are opposing the notion "They didn't work for what they earned", which is a strawman in itself. That is not the argument. The argument is that being white comes with a higher probability of being given head-starts and potential passes in a lifetime.

While not to lean to heavy on a hasty generalization, I can attest to being given far more opportunity and work-arounds than the black youth I train at my gym. I don't need to get into every detail, but sufficed to say they are simple to spot and easy to facepalm. It doesn't mean I didn't work hard. It doesn't mean I didn't earn a lot of what I got. But I also had more than a handful of situations where a work-around was handed to me, and part of that is the color of my skin (another being that I'm male).

That in no way is an apology for being either. There's no shame in knowing your advantages and playing to them. That said, to ignore them and pretend they don't exist is the height of the privilege itself.

Your example is not one of privelege or advantage based on skin color. It is simply an example of an individual showing you favoritism.

Have absolutely no eager to read 18 pages of this sh*t.

But yeah Einstein, in a white majority society you have white *privilege*.

Even in a multicultural-netherealm culture-opened one ; it's just a generation things.

It takes time to make money. If families aren't failing they progressivly build strong money. And money is privilege, blah blah blah ...

Still I'm white and poor in my country, in wich I'm native, so fuck you sjw's zombies.

But guess what : in a multicultural society (which only exist in "white world") as a poor white native I don't have any "privileges" ... just occasional blockings (tried to work as a white in a kebab or chinese ? Ridiculous hey ? Guess what whites takes every kind in their restaurants ...) and a fuckload of propaganda in my face.

Racists rats.

Last edited:
Because it is knowable, and it is not hard to ascertain with minimal contemplation and experience.
That comment is just completely asinine. There is no way for you to know what your "advantages" are to the random person standing in front of you. I don't you know if this conversation can continue with this level of sheer ignorance.

Many of the things you described here are a great example of where white privilege stems. Being white means a higher probability of better neighborhoods, better income and more affluent culture, all stemming from earning potential, which is often affected by race to some degree.
Correlation is not causation. This is where the uneducated, emotionally driven arguments like yours fall apart. You don't understand how statistics work. You don't understand how evidence works.

Nobody is dismissing other variables. People are dismissing white privilege.
By not acknowledging the other variables, by prioritizing one above all others, you ARE dismissing the other variables. Please don't play dumb.

And you still cannot answer why a person needs to acknowledge his advantages over someone else. Forget the fact that you can never actually know what those advantages are entirely. But you've already plead ignorance to that question.

Swung the other way? I don't see that at all, if we're talking straight privilege/opportunity I would still rather be born into an average white family than any other in America today. I don't see how it's swung the other way.

It depends on the family.

White trailer trash.

Black upper middle class.

All kinds of opportunities for minorities provided by the government and bussness.

Yeah I still think there isn't because A. that's ridiculous, you don't get to judge one race based on their skin color and then say it's wrong to judge just about any other race based on their skin color? You know what that sounds like? Racism just as much.

And B. I struggle every day and I am not priveleged. I feel fear when I see cops too because they can ruin my life if I make one wrong decision and they happen to catch me at it. I don't make those wrong decisions, I respect their authority, I refuse to even entertain the ridiculous notion that my skin color has something to do with it. That does not sound right to me.

That doesn't even sound like I'm an individual, it sounds like I'm just the afterthought of a generalization. I'm rambling now but it's been a long day. My apologies.

Out of the fortune 500 companies guess how many black CEO's there are?

30?
20?
15?
10?
5?

ALL would wrong answers. With Kenneth Chenault, the longtime chief executive of American Express retiring early next year there will be a total of 3 black CEO's.

I know some of you don't really math so that is 3/500 which is 0.60%... LESS than 1%.

"The lack of diversity in corporate America extends to the boardroom: Just 5.6% of board seats at Fortune 500 companies are held by black men, and just 2.2% held by black women, according to the Executive Leadership Council, which promotes diversity in corporate America"

So I'm curious white privilege deniers, what do you attribute this to? Maybe black people just aren't smart enough? Maybe they aren't working hard enough? What are your thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/news/companies/black-ceos-fortune-500/index.html

Dont forget to leave out religion

It depends on the family.

White trailer trash.

Black upper middle class.

All kinds of opportunities for minorities provided by the government and bussness.

It's easy if you know the circumstance but what if you didn't. If your choice was to be born into an "average" black or white family without knowing the details, which would you choose?

Yea this guy wouldn't have a clue about his own skin color TS

That comment is just completely asinine. There is no way for you to know what your "advantages" are to the random person standing in front of you. I don't you know if this conversation can continue with this level of sheer ignorance.

Sure you can. You have to take an interest in people and scenarios to gain experience and perspective.

Correlation is not causation. This is where the uneducated, emotionally driven arguments like yours fall apart. You don't understand how statistics work. You don't understand how evidence works.

You can just say "correlation is not causation" in a vacuum. But just because you learned a couple key reasoning terms doesn't mean you can claim them as objective deduction to the scenario.

By not acknowledging the other variables, by prioritizing one above all others, you ARE dismissing the other variables. Please don't play dumb.

Again, this debate is regarding whether there is white privilege, and to attempt to shift it to a subjective hierarchy of privileges simply poor reasoning.

And you still cannot answer why a person needs to acknowledge his advantages over someone else. Forget the fact that you can never actually know what those advantages are entirely. But you've already plead ignorance to that question.

Again, you can absolutely know one's advantages. As someone from a well-off family it is not hard to recognize the advantages at all levels. And to acknowledge those behooves one to acknowledge others, such as my sex, gender and sexual orientation, and race.

The person attempting to plead ignorance here is yourself, and more important you are living in a fallacy of an appeal to ignorance. If you had gone to page two of your reasoning book, right after "correlation =/= causation" is "argumentum ad ignorantiam". Try looking at it. Very important for you to improve your reasoning skills.

Now, I would point you to endless examples of privilege, but you will no doubt not read them in full; and even more likely question the source (rather than researching it) and find fault simply to maintain your preferred paradigm. So we will ignore that direction of debate, as you can always use google if you actually want to learn.

Jails have significantly more men than females...is the prison system sexist?

Did the OP address the hispanic percentage the other poster brought up?

This mentality is so amusing. It's like there isn't any consideration there just simply isn't any substantial interest in this field from this group. Same thing when Feminists freak about it. Right away its just " IT'S NOT EQUAL WE NEED TO FIX THIS!!"

What if the group we are discussing simply don't want to pursue this as a career?

Sure you can. You have to take an interest in people and scenarios to gain experience and perspective.
"People" arent individuals, dummy. Taking a vague interest in "people" isn't going to reveal a particular individual's life challenges and struggles. This is getting ridiculous.

As I already said, I don't know if this conversation can continue with you exhibiting such blatant and unapologetic ignorance. But I appreciate that you added this comment first. Thanks for saving me time reading the rest.

Out of the fortune 500 companies guess how many black CEO's there are?

30?
20?
15?
10?
5?

ALL would wrong answers. With Kenneth Chenault, the longtime chief executive of American Express retiring early next year there will be a total of 3 black CEO's.

I know some of you don't really math so that is 3/500 which is 0.60%... LESS than 1%.

"The lack of diversity in corporate America extends to the boardroom: Just 5.6% of board seats at Fortune 500 companies are held by black men, and just 2.2% held by black women, according to the Executive Leadership Council, which promotes diversity in corporate America"

So I'm curious white privilege deniers, what do you attribute this to? Maybe black people just aren't smart enough? Maybe they aren't working hard enough? What are your thoughts?

http://money.cnn.com/2017/10/19/news/companies/black-ceos-fortune-500/index.html

Just out of curiosity, if you were half black and half white, and you were filling out a job or college application, what would you put for race?

And which do you think would give you a better chance of being hired/accepted just based on that one check box?

Back