Stipe’s win streak

Pierced7681

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Stipe’s six fight win streak is pretty impressive if you look at the numbers.

Tkos ultra tough Mark Hunt in Hunts backyard, tkos Arlovski who was on a six fight win streak, ktfos prime Werdum, ktfos Overeem who was on a four fight win streak, avenges previous decision loss to JDS with a first round tko, and then cruises to a five round dominant decision over Dana’s golden boy Ngannou.

If he adds DC to the list he easily deserves to be discussed as one of the greatest of all time.

Tough to disagree with anything you said ts

That Arlovski win was awesome. Put him away quick as hell.

Analyzing Fedors record, it would appear fedors best six fight win streak was

nogueria 3 - great win
kohsaka 2 - avenged previous loss
crocop - legendary win
zuluzinho - freak show fight
Mark Coleman - way past his prime
Mark hunt - very green, but dangerous on the feet

Tkos ultra tough Mark Hunt in Hunts backyard, tkos Arlovski who was on a six fight win streak, ktfos prime Werdum, ktfos Overeem who was on a four fight win streak, avenges previous decision loss to JDS with a first round tko, and then cruises to a five round dominant decision over Dana’s golden boy Ngannou.

If he adds DC to the list he easily deserves to be discussed as one of the greatest of all time.
No.... just no. Werdum's best days were behind him. how you can look at that fight and say Werdum was in his Prime is beyond me. sure he subbed Cain before that fight, but that does not in any way, mean he was in his Prime.

I disagree

Mark hunt 13-12 in MMA chin been cracked
Arlovski although on a win streak - cracked chin
Werdum leading head first was begging to get ko`d
Overreem had him hurt messed up trying to guillotine - cracked chin
Jds was a good win seems his chin is cracked to

Overall good not great win streak

The hilarious thing is a lot of sherdoggers STILL undermine him and downplay him.

Like 50% of you guys thing Jones would beat him in his first fight at HW. LOL.

Jon himself is smart enough to never, ever take that fight. Even if USADA fucked off.

Dude is the baddest mofo on the planet. And it´s not like he's a huge guy that uses his size to beat other fighters, like Jones for example. Stipe is an extremely talented HW, athletic, explosive, well rounded. Just a bad match up for anybody.

WAR STIPE.

Werdum was not in his prime anymore. And look at Arlovski's record since getting knocked out by Stipe. Overeem fight was a weird one, great win but he was pretty close to losing the belt. The Hunt, JDS and Francis wins were good though. Stipe is legit but don't play it like he is the best ever already.

Werdum was not in his prime anymore. And look at Arlovski's record since getting knocked out by Stipe. Overeem fight was a weird one, great win but he was pretty close to losing the belt. The Hunt, JDS and Francis wins were good though. Stipe is legit but don't play it like he is the best ever already.

His six fight win streak is better than any heavyweights. Werdum was on a six fight win streak when Stipe dusted him. He was in his prime easily.

Absolutely the greatest UFC Heavyweight champ to date in terms of fighting accomplishments, one of the best of all time imo. I'd respect someones opinion of him being the HW goat if he beats DC but I don't think i'll be ready to say that.

All these fighters are old as hell he beat . Struve who was younger tko..him weird.

Analyzing Fedors record, it would appear fedors best six fight win streak was

nogueria 3 - great win
kohsaka 2 - avenged previous loss
crocop - legendary win
zuluzinho - freak show fight
Mark Coleman - way past his prime
Mark hunt - very green, but dangerous on the feet
I am sure you are trolling but in a long Fedor's win streak you can remove freak fights in between and keep wins like Arlovski, Timmy, Coleman...

Werdum was old but his striking and overall game was at its absolute best when Stipe knocked him out

His six fight win streak is better than any heavyweights. Werdum was on a six fight win streak when Stipe dusted him. He was in his prime easily.
I said he is legit. But ending a fighters winstreak says nothing about their prime. Just look at arlovskis winstreak (yeah I know Werdums was more impressive) but Werdum don't look like the guy he used to be anymore. Didn't pull the trigger against Reem, had a mediocre performance against a Travis Browne and Tybura. Great sub over Walt Harris on short notice but thats a different level I assume you'd agree on. And now recently got knocked out by Volkov. I'm not saying he should retire or that he is not a tough fight for everyone, but a fighters prime is not ar 39 years old after a year long layoff with a win over a gassed Cain who didn't look like the worldbeater he once was. Just my thoughts.

I told some friends this, the guy his head and shoulders abover everyone else at this point. To me he's this greatest already. I don't see anyway Cormier can win, and I want Cormier to win being we're from the same place and I'm a huge fan.

The numbers are solid but I'm still not convinced. He is big, good, tough but I can't consivdr him as all time greatness. Maybe I'm wrong. I'm a lifetime martial artist and hard to accept a part time firefighter with low level college sport background is the best HW fighter ever. Where are the superb world champion wrestlers, BJJ masters and so on? This is no offense or something like that, I'm just thinking.

"prime Werdum"

yello.png

Back