Stipe’s win streak

People acting like the elevation was only impacting Cain, like Werdum was hitting Cain from another dimension from sea level...

Fact is, both Werdum and Cain fought that night in elevation and one of the two got mauled.
him arriving to the city late would actually be a key point if he didnt get beat up so badly from the beginning. gassing is one thing, but gassing in less than five minutes is another, especially when youre known for your cardio.

it wasnt an elevation issue, it was a hurt and bleeding nose and mouth issue.

Jones is great. He was first to finish a lot of these guys so that says something. None of them were in their prime though. Like Stipe though, it's not his fault. I still give him a ton of credit for submitting guys like Machida, Rampage and Vitor. When he fought someone his own age and size though in Gus, he arguably lost the fight.

I think DC is going to give Stipe a really tough fight but I'm sad it's 40 year old DC. Outside of DC and maybe Cain (who has a full grey beard now), there's no one at HW that's going to give Stipe trouble. They are all old, green or just aren't very good. Blaydes, Tybura, Willis? If these guys are the future, Stipe will retire with the belt.

There's one dark horse out there though...

OLEINIK_ALESKEI.png
machida was still top level.....he got robbed in the rampage fight and should have been like 18-1 going into the jones fight instead of being 1-2 in his last 3. after that loss he dropped to 185 and got a title shot, beating guys like mousasi along the way. the same thing applies to evans - he lost the belt but he handed phil davis his first 1, beat thiago silva and beat rampage in that streak. 2 of them were decisions and he was hurt in both the silva and rampage fights for a bit but he still won convincingly.

Last edited:

yeah i know all of that stuff. he did the kick ages ago, the reason he was known as just a grappler back then probably because he was known as cro cops BJJ coach and didnt strike nearly as much.

anyways, that was the best werdum at the time stipe could face, it is what it is. really fishy tho he took a year off and when he came back he looked like he had the body of a 50 year old man. he got incredibly soft quickly. we know whats up when stuff like that happens

yeah i know all of that stuff. he did the kick ages ago, the reason he was known as just a grappler back then probably because he was known as cro cops BJJ coach and didnt strike nearly as much.

anyways, that was the best werdum at the time stipe could face, it is what it is. really fishy tho he took a year off and when he came back he looked like he had the body of a 50 year old man. he got incredibly soft quickly. we know whats up when stuff like that happens
No, old Werdum.

Winning doesnt mean u´re in your prime.

{<jordan}

Fedor can compete on numbers alone but even he doesn't have the same quality wins in a streak. Werdum has unbelievable wins, but he's never gone on a streak like Stipe.

The other two are silly to compare.

Stipe is in his own league in terms of quality streaks at heavyweight
Stipe's streak is 6 fights and 3 years long. That's literally it.
He has zero quality wins outside of that streak as well.

Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum all have more top 10 victories than Stipe has UFC fights.

Fedor - #1 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (1):
Nogueira 1
Top 5 fighters defeated (5):
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Top 10 fighters defeated (6):
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

Coleman
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

JDS - #4 HW of all time

Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Rothwell
Carwin
Hunt
Top 10 fighters defeated (5):
Miocic
Mir
Nelson
Cro Cop
Werdum

Miocic - #6 HW of all time

Werdum
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Hunt
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Arlovski

Listen, I get you like Stipe a lot but you gotta slow your roll on the guy.
These other dudes have been beating the crap out of quality HWs for over a decade. You don't just jump all those accomplishments in 6 fights.
Shit takes time.

Last edited:
Lmao clearly you’ve never seen Hunts pride fights. He has one ko in pride, and even then nishijima never was out cold from the punch.

You know jackshit about what you’re talking about, go watch fights instead of looking at fight finder

Ummm... almost all of his (T)KO's the person was still conscious.

Nelson was still conscious. Tuscherer was still conscious. Struve was still conscious. Mir was still conscious. Derrick Lewis was still conscious and still even standing. Bigfoot was still conscious. Kongo was still conscious.

Perhaps you should practice what you preach and actually watch some of the fights yourself...

I disagree

Mark hunt 13-12 in MMA chin been cracked
Arlovski although on a win streak - cracked chin
Werdum leading head first was begging to get ko`d
Overreem had him hurt messed up trying to guillotine - cracked chin
Jds was a good win seems his chin is cracked to

Overall good not great win streak
pcpElI5.png

Stipe’s six fight win streak is pretty impressive if you look at the numbers.

Tkos ultra tough Mark Hunt in Hunts backyard, tkos Arlovski who was on a six fight win streak, ktfos prime Werdum, ktfos Overeem who was on a four fight win streak, avenges previous decision loss to JDS with a first round tko, and then cruises to a five round dominant decision over Dana’s golden boy Ngannou.

If he adds DC to the list he easily deserves to be discussed as one of the greatest of all time.
Mark Hunt was getting his ass kicked in Pride almost fifteen years ago. Now suddenly he’s a resume building win. But for the guys who beat him in Pride it means nothing.

I love Hunt but you lose all credibility in your second sentence, no need to keep reading.

Stipe's streak is 6 fights and 3 years long. That's literally it.
He has zero quality wins outside of that streak as well.

Fedor, Nogueira, and Werdum all have more top 10 victories than Stipe has UFC fights.

Fedor - #1 HW of all time

Nogueira 1
Nogueira 3
Cro Cop
Arlovski
Sylvia
Herring
Coleman 1
Hunt
Randleman
Schilt
Rogers
Fujita

Nogueira - #2 HW of all time

Coleman
Cro Cop
Sylvia
Herring 1
Barnett 2
Rodriguez
Top 10 fighters defeated (7):
Couture
Werdum
Herring 2
Kharitonov
Schaub
Schilt
Overeem

Werdum - #3 HW of all time

#1 fighters defeated (2):
Fedor
Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (2):
Hunt
Browne
Overeem
Gonzaga
Nelson
Alexander Emelianenko
Russow
Erikson

JDS - #4 HW of all time

Velasquez
Top 5 fighters defeated (3):
Rothwell
Carwin
Hunt
Top 10 fighters defeated (5):
Miocic
Mir
Nelson
Cro Cop
Werdum

Miocic - #6 HW of all time

Werdum
Top 5 fighters defeated (4):
Hunt
Overeem
JDS
Ngnannou
Top 10 fighters defeated (1):
Arlovski

Listen, I get you like Stipe a lot but you gotta slow your roll on the guy.
These other dudes have been beating the crap out of quality HWs for over a decade. You don't just jump all those accomplishments in 6 fights.
Shit takes time.
A rank by a guys name does not tell the whole story

For example, Stipe's top 5 wins are Werdum, Hunt, Overeem, JDS, Ngannou. Those are legit, perennial top 5 names, who could potentially be there at any point in the division's history.

You can't compare those top five wins to the other top 5 wins who could only be top 5 at that point in time like Carwin, Rothwell, Browne, Rodriguez, Herring etc.....

It's very misleading

A rank by a guys name does not tell the whole story

For example, Stipe's top 5 wins are Werdum, Hunt, Overeem, JDS, Ngannou. Those are legit, perennial top 5 names, who could potentially be there at any point in the division's history.

You can't compare those top five wins to the other top 5 wins who could only be top 5 at that point in time like Carwin, Rothwell, Browne, Rodriguez, Herring etc.....

It's very misleading
Dude. JDS's win over Miocic doesn't even count as a top 5 victory for JDS, but Stipe's win over JDS counts as a top 5 victory for Miocic.
The same with Hunt for Fedor.

Don't start getting into that goofiness because it can turn Stipe's record really quick.

him arriving to the city late would actually be a key point if he didnt get beat up so badly from the beginning. gassing is one thing, but gassing in less than five minutes is another, especially when youre known for your cardio.

it wasnt an elevation issue, it was a hurt and bleeding nose and mouth issue.

Bleeding nose from Werdum 's strikes.

My point is, people are acting like Werdum' s win is nothing, that he fought a diminished Cain, but the fight camp is a part of the fight, so the win is pretty legit and Cain was in his prime, he just met a smarter fighter and lost the fight during his camp.

He is already HW GOAT skillset wise, I like his chances against prime Fedor, Miocic is too smart, well rounded and hits like a motherfucker, the only one who can beat him in his prime right now might be DC, if not I don't see him loosing to anybody until he gets more old

Bleeding nose from Werdum 's strikes.

My point is, people are acting like Werdum' s win is nothing, that he fought a diminished Cain, but the fight camp is a part of the fight, so the win is pretty legit and Cain was in his prime, he just met a smarter fighter and lost the fight during his camp.
I'm with you, I was agreeing and adding to your argument!

Yeh Stipe is in my opinion on the verge of coming into my top 10 of all time.

Back