Stipe has better feats of punching power in the cage than Francis

BigMuffler

Loli is love loli is life!
@Steel
Reaction score
Not saying he necessarily hits harder, but people should remember that Stipe KOed iron chinned Werdum who had only been knocked out once before (also KOed him worse than JDS, had him completely laid out asleep rather than dropped to his hands and knees) and JDS who had only been TKOed twice before (with the Overeem stoppage being arguably early and the Cain one being after a 5 round beating) both in the 1st round, while Francis' biggest KO wins are against Overeem and Arlovski who have 20+ KO losses between them.

I don't think it should be assumed Ngannou has a clear power advantage over the Great Firefighter, either could KO the other quickly if they land.

Not saying he necessarily hits harder, but people should remember that Stipe KOed iron chinned Werdum who had only been knocked out once before (also KOed him worse than JDS, had him completely laid out asleep rather than dropped to his hands and knees) and JDS who had only been TKOed twice before (with the Overeem stoppage being arguably early and the Cain one being after a 5 round beating) both in the 1st round, while Francis' biggest KO wins are against Overeem and Arlovski who have 20+ KO losses between them.

I don't think it should be assumed Ngannou has a clear power advantage over the Great Firefighter, either could KO the other quickly if they land.

Stipe sleep soon...
usa_today_10456286.0.jpg

Last edited:
Stipe definitely has the cleaner boxing. His technique is much more refined. Throws a nice jab, and a pin-point straight right.

Not sure if he hits as hard as Ngannou, but he is very accurate and precise with his striking.

Yeah Stipe hits fucking hard, and his boxing is more technical too.

The thing is Stipe is also hittable on the feet and Ngannou will have a considerable reach advantage.

It will be interesting.

Stipe definitely has the cleaner boxing. His technique is much more refined. Throws a nice jab, and a pin-point straight right.

Not sure if he hits as hard as Ngannou, but he is very accurate and precise with his striking.
As is Ngannou though, he doesn't Jab but his counters against Arlovski and Overeem were perfection he analysis movement patterns perfectly.

Stipe is good but his defense isn't perfect and his chin is questionable, if they spend 5 rounds trading Ngannou has the better chance of walking away with the belt. I think Stipe's best advantage is actually the wrestling but he hasn't been using it much lately.

I also think its obvious that Ngannou is juicing though, you can't be natural but have the same athleticism and strength of Ubereem or Lesnar just doesn't make sense.

Agreed. Ngannou wings shots which makes them more powerful too. Stipe's are crisper.

I also think its obvious that Ngannou is juicing though, you can't be natural but have the same athleticism and strength of Ubereem or Lesnar just doesn't make sense.

I don't agree, but I don't really disagree either. I think that USADA will eventually find that out if it's true. I do think, however, that Ngannou is an NFL /NBA type athlete that, had he been born in the States or afforded the same type of chance as kids born here, he would be playing in one of those leagues (probably the NFL).

To me, he is kind of like Jon Jones. Best athlete in the division. The difference between he and Bones is that Jon chose MMA over other sports for whatever reason, and Ngannou chose it because it was the only reason.

werdum is still a great win for miocic but pretending it's because of miocic amazing power is dishonnest, werdum got knocked out because of his recklessness, running toward someone with your hands down, iron chin or not, you're getting KOed

But did you know he was homeless???

Dude, Ngannou hits harder. WAY harder. He has a definite power advantage by definition.

That most definitely doesn't mean he necessarily wins, Stipe has the cleaner boxing for sure. But I don't think a single person can take a full power shot from Ngannou. The way Overeem fell was kind of scary, that guy hits the same way as Rumble- only he's a solid 40lb heavier.

The thing is Stipe is also hittable on the feet and Ngannou will have a considerable reach advantage.

It will be interesting.
Not only that but Stipes wrestling is better and he has superior ground game where I guarantee you is the key to defeating Ngannou. The only problem is getting him there, which is apparently very hard. Ngannou looked VERY green when we have seen him on his back.

i hate this fight and i love it at the same time.

i love both guys, but someone is going the fuck to sleep.

power versus technique.

i just ended 20,000 posts with 3 words.

/convo

OBVIOUSLY Ngannou hits way fuckin harder. Why even bother?

Not only that but Stipes wrestling is better and he has superior ground game where I guarantee you is the key to defeating Ngannou. The only problem is getting him there, which is apparently very hard. Ngannou looked VERY green when we have seen him on his back.

Miocic's wrestling is great and all but he's really only outwrestled two guys consistently; Joey Beltran and Mark Hunt. He couldn't take down a gassed out Junior Dos Santos in their first fight.

It will be interesting.

Doesn't Ngannou only have a 3 inch reach advantage?

Look at the IMPACT when Francis lands though.

But of course Stipe could KO Francis too. Heavy hands doesn't mean that you have a great chin. Also they are heavyweights.

It will be interesting.
Only like 3 inches of reach. Stipe's technique should help that, but Ngannou's striking looked pretty clean not going to lie.

Back