Stipe: "He hasn’t fought anyone like me yet."

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

So yes, I think DC has fought someone like Stipe before.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

I don't care who wins in DC vs. Stipe, but I believe DC will win it.

Last edited:
This is a total toss up. I actually think DC should be coming in at his LHW weight for this, but he seems to be eating a ton. I think being fast is the key. We will see..

Stipe has better wrestling than people give him credit for and DC won't be able to ragdoll him like he has many, including Barnett.

Stipe is pretty good on his feet. Dude is super confident like the one guy who beat DC.

Going with Stipe just because he's already KOed half of the top 10.

Would not surprise me if DC pulled out the win though.

people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

For someone who "doesnt care who wins" you sure made a long detailed thread and whined about it a bunch....

DC is undefeated at HW and trains with Cain.

At sea level!

If he was the Forrest Griffin of HW, he wouldn`t have guys like JDS and Overeem running away from him with fear on their faces once they feel his power.

This is either a weak troll attempt OR one of the dumbest posts i've ever read on Sherdog.

He has 9 wins by KO and 4 by DEC in the UFC. Pretty sure the guy has massive power.

Why do people like TS act as if Hunt was this one punch ko machine that leaves everyone on his back? He loses half of his damn fights.

This is either a weak troll attempt OR one of the dumbest posts i've ever read on Sherdog.

He has 9 wins by KO and 4 by DEC in the UFC. Pretty sure the guy has massive power.
And the decisions like ngannou and hunt for example are masssive ass kickings. He demolished those guys

Dc won’t be able to handle the power and strength of stipe....he’ll panic wrestle to try to take him down but I doubt he’s able to. I don’t think this fight will be as close as people think.

Still a legit super fight tho, props to both for their approach to the fight game- no trash talk just all about proving who’s the better man.

Stipe just beat a guy with massive KO power and almost no wrestling.

But to address the thread, Stipe is the best fighter DC has faced at HW, and DC is the best fighter Stipe has ever fought.

As a fan of both fighters, this is a pick 'em fight.

Last edited:
It’s like people think time doesn’t move on. Like people don’t look at the dynamics. When was DC’s last HW fight. Juiced or not. Jones doesn’t have the strength of Stipe.

Sorry, Stipe by KO in round one.

I look forward to the backtracking after the fight though.

0BVDX8g.gif

Stipe spitting fire! The most controversial champion of our time

i like your thread OP

Not a lethal striker. KO'd JDS, Reem and Werdum in the first round. Lol okay bud.

What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

Werdum was never known for his stand up, specially in strike force days, Werdum wanted go to the ground in them days. He flopped on the ground like a fish just watch the Reem fight.

Mir, fucking Brock beat him twice what f'ing joke.

Henderson was way past his days when they fought.

So was Anderson, but he gave Anderson the gsp humping ground game. When dc try stand with Anderson for one minute out the 24 mins, Anderson made him pay, then dc was trying bring it back to the ground.

Dc couldnt get Jones down in first fight and dc got owned. Dc couldnt hold gustafsson down and almost lost that fight. Jones II dc got smashed. Dc better days are pass him, Stipe going send dc back to lhw.

Back