Stipe: "He hasn’t fought anyone like me yet."

Stipe is one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport.

One punch ko power and a nasty right hand
Great chin and more importantly great recovery
He uses his jab and range
Times Takedowns well and has an underrated take down defense
Good Footwork
Elite Cardio
Cage Control

He's the second best fighter DC has every faced. And he is damn close to the best

fuq a hater

If he was the Forrest Griffin of HW, he wouldn`t have guys like JDS and Overeem running away from him with fear on their faces once they feel his power.
Shogun and Rampage at the tile forrest beat them are better than anyone Stipe has beat.

Truth

That type of statement makes me think he's underestimating DC.

This is a great fight but people seem to forget how good DC was at heavyweight.

His fighting style and body size lends itself better to HW than it does LHW where he was dealing with longer reach fighters with quicker speed.

Well, saying Stipe is a HW Forrest Griffin is absurd and one of the laziest comparisons I've ever seen. Miocic is a solid wrestler who has very good boxing for MMA (regardless of weight class), genuine power, and well above average stamina for his weight class. He doesn't have a single meaningful thing in common with Griffin aside from being 6' 3-6'4'' ish, hailing from Ohio and having white skin. I'm a huge fan of Cormier (I'm a big fan of both guys), but Cormier has never fought anyone like Miocic, and it's going to be an extremely difficult matchup.

The one real area where I think Cormier can have substantial success is in the clinch, as I consider Cormier one of the best fighters ever in the brief history of the sport from that range, but it's going to be an uphill battle.

Nonsense. AJ puts Stipe's power to shame.

This fight will look alot like DC vs. AJ

Lol, AJ teed off on Arlovski and still went the distance. Stipe ended him with pretty much one punch.

AJ has insane power for the LHW division, and also because he throws everything he has in his punches. Whereas Stipe ends fights with short right hands. His power is underrated because he makes it look so effortless.

DC is the better fighter. As long as he stays loose and doesnt let the moment get to him he wins the fight.

Stipe has better wrestling than people give him credit for and DC won't be able to ragdoll him like he has many, including Barnett.

Stipe is pretty good on his feet. Dude is super confident like the one guy who beat DC.

Damn imagine getting your ass handed to you by a guy in a tutu :(

Comparing Stipe Miocic to Forrest griffin

Shame on you TS

Stipe is a Legit college wrestler with fast hands and Golden Glove experience

What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

So yes, I think DC has fought someone like Stipe before.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

I don't care who wins in DC vs. Stipe, but I believe DC will win it.
Lol i am a huge dc fan but i am so worried about stipe. He is the greatest hw of all time.

Werdum was never known for his stand up, specially in strike force days, Werdum wanted go to the ground in them days. He flopped on the ground like a fish just watch the Reem fight.

Mir, fucking Brock beat him twice what f'ing joke.

Henderson was way past his days when they fought.

So was Anderson, but he gave Anderson the gsp humping ground game. When dc try stand with Anderson for one minute out the 24 mins, Anderson made him pay, then dc was trying bring it back to the ground.

Dc couldnt get Jones down in first fight and dc got owned. Dc couldnt hold gustafsson down and almost lost that fight. Jones II dc got smashed. Dc better days are pass him, Stipe going send dc back to lhw.
Jones = roids helped. Without roids, dc would beat him.
Gus = nearly lost ? I suppose but he won in the end. Gus appeared to more damaged than dc post fight

Last edited:
Haha, Stipe is the HW champ of the world yet so many people are giving it to DC because he had a run at HW against guys like Barnett and Mir.

Can't wait to see Stipes doubters eating crow... AGAIN.
<{hughesimpress}>

Since when has Stipe not had the hands? I dont think Stipe is going to wrestle fuck DC as DC is the king of wrestle fucking. More likely the faster Stipe is gonna jab and hook him all night, stuff takedowns and mabey get a chance to ground and pound.

Since when has Stipe not had the hands? I dont think Stipe is going to wrestle fuck DC as DC is the king of wrestle fucking. More likely the faster Stipe is gonna jab and hook him all night, stuff takedowns and mabey get a chance to ground and pound.
Stipe better run for his life to avoid the clinch.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

"Stipe... Spacelord13 here with Sherdog Forums... What is your response to all the people calling you the 'heavyweight Forest Griffin?'"

0BVDX8g.gif

Why do people like TS act as if Hunt was this one punch ko machine that leaves everyone on his back? He loses half of his damn fights.

because TS is stuck in the past... the same reason he sees Stipe as HW Griffin.

Back