Stipe: "He hasn’t fought anyone like me yet."

You dumbasses think a roided Jones hits hard?

Stipe made Ngannou his personal pinata.

Forrest is an awful comparison imo. Hes nothing like Forrest

Way better boxer, way better chinn, way bettter wrestlong, way more power

DC is undefeated at HW and trains with Cain.

At sea level!

People say all the time that DC trains with Cain. Does that mean Cain can train all the time but just never bothers to fight?

Stipe has the most HW title defenses ever yet he might be the most underrated HW champ since Sylvia. That is insane.

It's ridiculous how little credit this guy gets for what he has done.

I hope he beats DC and gets his money fight with Brock. I don't see Brock giving him problems. That would be 5 defenses and a great resume. And it would make him the undisputed best UFC HW ever.

Stipe is one of the greatest fighters in the history of the sport.

One punch ko power and a nasty right hand
Great chin and more importantly great recovery
He uses his jab and range
Times Takedowns well and has an underrated take down defense
Good Footwork
Elite Cardio
Cage Control

He's the second best fighter DC has every faced. And he is damn close to the best

fuq a hater

1 punch KO power?

I stopped reading as soon as you said that.

You have to be consistent. He'd have to have multiple 1 punch KO's and he only has 1. And it was when Werdum ran headfirst into his fist. Perfect timing by Stipe, momentum from Werdum helped.

What is Stipe talking about?

He hasn't fought anyone like Stipe yet???? You mean a fighter with good boxing but not a well-rounded striking game like an Anderson or GSP (few kicks if any), doesn't have proven 1 punch KO power, yes, he KO'd a charging Werdum who's momentum helped KO him but he hasn't gotten any other 1 punch KO's and doesn't have a proven track record of 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Hendo, is a good wrestler but doesn't have a deadly ground game like Maia or Ortega.

Stipe is basically a HW Forest Griffin a fighter who is well-rounded but is not lethal striker or ground fighter.

People respect Stipe's power but they don't fear his stand up game like they would Hunt or Carwin and they don't fear his ground game like they would a Mir or Werdum.

Stipe wins by out-striking his opponents and finishing them with a flurry of punches or a decision victory. He isn't out there 1 punch KOing his opponents like a Hunt or submitting them like Werdum.

So yes, I think DC has fought someone like Stipe before.

DC has fought the likes of Anthony Johnson twice (whom I think would beat Stipe), Anderson Silva, Bigfoot Silva, Roy Nelson, Frank Mir, Josh Barnett, Dan Henderson, and others, so yes, I think DC has not only fought people like Stipe before, he's fought far more lethal opponents. Stipe is a jack of all trades master of none.

I don't care who wins in DC vs. Stipe, but I believe DC will win it.
tenor.gif

Jones = roids helped. Without roids, dc would beat him.
Gus = nearly lost ? I suppose but he won in the end. Gus appeared to more damaged than dc post fight
Well can't argue with about roid thing lol. Gus fight was closer than people think.

Lol, AJ teed off on Arlovski and still went the distance. Stipe ended him with pretty much one punch.

AJ has insane power for the LHW division, and also because he throws everything he has in his punches. Whereas Stipe ends fights with short right hands. His power is underrated because he makes it look so effortless.

Stipe KO's guys who are 40+ years old and have been in a ton of fights, and in a division where rock em sockem robots is the preferred striking method. Very little head movement or footwork

Meanwhile AJ was the first person to KO Glover Texeira clean and has a KO % 35% higher than his division's average

Stipe KO's guys who are 40+ years old and have been in a ton of fights, and in a division where rock em sockem robots is the preferred striking method. Very little head movement or footwork

Meanwhile AJ was the first person to KO Glover Texeira clean and has a KO % 35% higher than his division's average

Really doesnt change what I said. Arlovski has always been chinny, and AJ couldnt finish him. Whereas any HW with a little bit of power ends Arlovski with ease.

Really doesnt change what I said. Arlovski has always been chinny, and AJ couldnt finish him. Whereas any HW with a little bit of power ends Arlovski with ease.

That's a bad argument though. That's like saying Roy Nelson's power is overrated because he couldn't KO Javy Ayala, a journeyman fighter who has a 50% loss by TKO rate

This is a fucking easy fight for DC if he has a gameplan and the cardio to follow it.

That's a bad argument though. That's like saying Roy Nelson's power is overrated because he couldn't KO Javy Ayala, a journeyman fighter who has a 50% loss by TKO rate

Roy Nelson needs to wind up with big punches, if he doesnt land those he doesnt do a lot of damage, hence a lot of boring fights lately. AJ was landing punches on Arlovski full power, even breaking his jaw.

You cant compare Rumbles power to heavyweights man. Their frame and muscles are just naturally a lot bigger. Rumble puts his entire body in his punches, whereas Stipe drops guys dead with a short right hand while retreating.

Stipe is not a lethal fighter standing or on the ground?

Did I read that correctly? Because that's borderline retarded after seeing him finish Mabobabo(one of the best LHW chins), JDS, Overeem, Arlovski and Mark Hunt since 2014.

Stipe has serious power and it translates to his GNP very well.

Back