Stipe is a worker: he's the HW equivalent of Bisping and Forrest Griffin

Combat Wombatt

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
I don't really enjoy Stipe's fights because he's a worker, he's not a lethal striker with 1 punch KO power or an elite ground game that is dangerous. He wins by using solid striking and having great cardio, normally he wears his opponents down and gets the finish unless you run at him with hands down chin out like Werdum or have a glass chin like Overeem. Sure at HW anyone can knock out anyone but Stipe just doesn't have the 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Big Country or the quick submission game like Frank Mir. It's always exciting watching a fighter who can end the fight in a second. Usually with Stipe it's not that exciting, you see it coming because his opponent is worn down which happens sooner at HW than other weights normally. I said the same thing about Bisping before he fought GSP, that he was the perfect opponent for GSP, a fighter who wasn't a threat striking or on the ground, and we saw how that went.

Like Stipe, Bisping, and Forrest Griffin are/were the same way, not lethal in the striking or ground area so they'd just wear their opponent down with their solid fundamental striking and great cardio and eventually get the TKO or submission. They all also have very good TD defense or had the ability to get up so that they weren't on the ground much.

With Stipe fighitng Francis Ngannou, Stipe's best chance is to avoid France's vicious 1 punch KO power and use his better striking to wear Francis down and open him up. Eventually Stipe could wear him down or catch him, stun him, and finish him by TKO......but Stipe tends to not have the best striking defense and has been dropped in a few of his fights, against France's he'll be finished.

How do I see Stipe vs. Ngannou going?.......I see Stipe doing well in the first, keeping Ngannou at bay and looking like he's going to win until Ngannou catches Stipe with a big one and drops him and then finishes with GnP punches for the KO/TKO.

Last edited:
Golden glove boxer with good wrestling who's champ and has won his last three by first round KO is a blue collar, workman like fighter in the vein of Forest Griffin?

What the fuck am I reading?

Forrest and Bisping are pillow fisted and couldnt bust a grape. Stipe has serious ko power and can finish a fight in a heartbeat.

Forgot the minor fact that knocks fools the F out left and right

You mean he's white?!

#triggered

Stipe is hardworking and Francis is explosive.

<{vega}>

Golden glove boxer with good wrestling who's champ and has won his last three by first round KO is a blue collar, workman like fighter in the vein of Forest Griffin?

Lol at mentioning his golden gloves

Well, tell that to Werdum: he might disagree.

See the OP where I said that it helps when Werdum, a 250lbs. HW charges Stipe face first with his chin out and his hands down. Werdum's momentum combined with Stipe's punch is what KO'd him. And one 1 punch KO doesn't mean a fighter is a known KO artist.

And the KO/TKO's of Overeem and Arlovski.....both fighters with known glass chins long before they fought Stipe.

Yeah seriously he was a NCAA D-1 wrestler. A division 1 athlete in multiple sports actually and golden gloves amateur boxing experience.

I could see that analysis of him 4 years ago but now he is knocking out people left and right in the 1st. Granted he knocks out past prime guys with questionable chins (except Werdum) but it is still very impressive.

No 1 punch power? Is this a troll post? He has 1 punch KO'd two top heavyweights with proven chins.

I don't really enjoy Stipe's fights because he's a worker, he's not a lethal striker with 1 punch KO power or an elite ground game that is dangerous. He wins by using solid striking and having great cardio, normally he wears his opponents down and gets the finish unless you run at him with hands down chin out like Werdum or have a glass chin like Overeem. Sure at HW anyone can knock out anyone but Stipe just doesn't have the 1 punch KO power like a Hunt or Big Country or the quick submission game like Frank Mir. It's always exciting watching a fighter who can end the fight in a second. Usually with Stipe it's not that exciting, you see it coming because his opponent is worn down which happens sooner at HW than other weights normally. I said the same thing about Bisping before he fought GSP, that he was the perfect opponent for GSP, a fighter who wasn't a threat striking or on the ground, and we saw how that went.

Like Stipe, Bisping, and Forrest Griffin are/were the same way, not lethal in the striking or ground area so they'd just wear their opponent down with their solid fundamental striking and great cardio and eventually get the TKO or submission. They all also have very good TD defense or had the ability to get up so that they weren't on the ground much.

With Stipe fighitng Francis Ngannou, Stipe's best chance is to avoid France's vicious 1 punch KO power and use his better striking to wear Francis down and open him up. Eventually Stipe could wear him down or catch him, stun him, and finish him by TKO......but Stipe tends to not have the best striking defense and has been dropped in a few of his fights, against France's he'll be finished.

How do I see Stipe vs. Ngannou going?.......I see Stipe doing well in the first, keeping Ngannou at bay and looking like he's going to win until Ngannou catches Stipe with a big one and drops him and then finishes with GnP punches for the KO/TKO.

Just because your post is long doesn’t make it a good troll.

No 1 punch power? Is this a troll post? He has 1 punch KO'd two top heavyweights with proven chins.

Who?????

250lbs. Werdum who was charging at him with his hands down and chin out? lol

Or Arlovski and Overeem's who's chins have been gone forever.

you are reading yet another shit post from ts.

i dont understand how stipe gets so little respect around here.

He has almost nothing in common with Griffin aside from the fact that they're both Americans with white skin. He doesn't really have much in common with Bisping, either, aside from the fact that they both prefer to box on the feet and have good stamina for their divisions. Bizarre thread. He might be fighting a lot of older fighters who have seen better days, but he's smashing them all in the first round and that's plenty impressive.

Back