Stipe is a worker: he's the HW equivalent of Bisping and Forrest Griffin

Golden glove boxer with good wrestling who's champ and has won his last three by first round KO is a blue collar, workman like fighter in the vein of Forest Griffin?

What the fuck am I reading?

You forgot he got OK by struve of all HW LMAO

You forgot he got OK by struve of all HW LMAO

KO? He's a completely different fighter and most guys could get finished at heavyweight if cracked right with four ounce gloves.

He has above average boxing and wrestling. That's enough to win 99% of the fights in Modern MMA, ie see Cody, Conor, Holloway, Ngannou etc, what's the pattern among them ?

Standing TKO = KO to some people, i guess

Other all time top heavyweights have much, much more embarrassing losses on their records

Struve is pretty embarrassing, to kid yourself lol

Context counts for a lot

Stipe made it to nationals and fought serious, serious boxers in that tournament

Such as? He went 2-1 with wins over Junior Gelin (no pro boxing record) and Terrance Perro (3-3-1 pro record) and then lost to Bryant Jennings. Not sure if I'd call Jennings a serious, serious boxer either..

People who shit on Bisping as a fighter also never understand why he wins so much.

Who?????

250lbs. Werdum who was charging at him with his hands down and chin out? lol

Or Arlovski and Overeem's who's chins have been gone forever.

You are right that chins do weaken. There is more to it than just that though. Guys that know how to sit on their punches and set up their shots like Hunt and guys who are massive with good hand speed are dangerous like Ngannou. The shots you don't see coming are often the ones that zap you. Any of the heavies can knock someone out.

Most of these guys just don't go in there and swing, the easiest example that comes to mind is when Fedor knocked out Rogers. He saw how he was swinging and timed him. These guys do put a little more thought into what they are doing than some may think. That is why they are pro's.

I agree that Ngannou is an exciting prospect but I think Stipe should not be underestimated.

693.gif

???? What's so great about Jennings, has he beaten anyone good? I see he lost to Klitschko, I guess that's his claim to fame.
21-2 as a pro and fought for a unified heavyweight title?!

That's not a serious boxer to you? Standards are very high

21-2 as a pro and fought for a unified heavyweight title?!

That's not a serious boxer to you? Standards are very high

That's a pretty typical boxing record though. A lot of them fight nobodies and journeymen with losing records for at least their first 10-20 fights before stepping up in competition. He was a -1200 underdog in that heavyweight title fight.

Golden glove boxer with good wrestling who's champ and has won his last three by first round KO is a blue collar, workman like fighter in the vein of Forest Griffin?

I agree apart from the golden gloves. Just drop that shit don’t pretend like that’s something.
Stephan bonnar was a golden gloves champ or some shit- nuff said.

Something funny? Who else in the UFC has fought high level boxers (that went on to fight for professional titles) in boxing prior to joining the UFC?

That golden gloves tourney you're laughing at is the reason he's the best striker in the history of heavyweight MMA
{<jordan}

Yeah that bisping and Forrest sure were known as ground wizards. Shut the fuck up dumbass. Man shit posts like this thread are why this place sucks worse than it ever has. Uneducated buffoon.

That post meant Stipe doesn’t have a lethal submission ground game just like Forrest and Bisping didn’t. Neither of them were Mir or Nog on the ground just like Stipe isn’t.

I got lost in the title too. I don't recall reading OP but the title really had me scratching my head so much I decided not to read OP just in case it contained some kind of hypnotic spell or some vicious NLP suggestions or something. Reads like raving madness only found on Sherdog.

This thread is subtle anti-White racist hatred. Note it down guys, for future reference.

Back