Stipe miocic is the most skilled hw we've ever seen.

DenisDiamond

White Belt
@White
Reaction score
after rewatching all stipe fights,I think he's the most skilled hw we've ever seen in mma.what make stipe so special in hw is his technical boxing.even though he got Huge power,it is his precision and finding/creating angle,footwork and mastery of short range hooks + straight punches that make him so dangerous. his counter striking/head movement is also up there with the best as shown in the recent fight against ngannou and his other fights.the way he outskilled economicalreem should prove that he's the best in hw.no one was able to outskilled economicalreem like that,literally no one.and no one was able to dominated mark hunt,arlovski(on 6 fight winning streak) and Jds the way stipe did

He's up there, but I still think Werdum is more skilled. I'd have to see a rematch.

AVPCpS9cT_p3hv-Aid0VEwnmXJGOsLwnZeMFJgpJAhj65GE3HyZFqm5AgFHH3mqcGehYiJkGxzv-9w=w298-h200-nc

People forget that Fedor was very skilled everywhere.

Fast, accurate, powerful hands.

Good leg kicks, when he chose to use them (e.g. countering Cro Cop's high kicks).

Fast GnP from top position.

On his back, incredibly fast hips to lock on armbars.

In before gif of him getting TKOd by Struve.

I disagree, but
opinionated.gif

But, at this point, a lot of people have dominated Overeem, Hunt, and Arlovski. JDS was pretty dominated by Cain and Overeem.

Good leg kicks, when he chose to use them (e.g. countering Cro Cop's high kicks).

<36>
you're definitely not the most skilled hw when you got absolutely countered by arlovski
giphy.gif

Looping punches, next to no kicks, no wrestling.

I think he’s definitely one of the best strikers we’ve ever seen at heavyweight
Wonder how his wrestling stacks up against Cain

<36>
you're definitely not the most skilled hw when you get absolutely countered by arlovski
giphy.gif
That was Arlovski at his best and he still got KTFO.

Arlovski was 29 years old on a 5 fight winning streak. He just beat Werdum and knocked out Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell. He was training his boxing with Freddie Roach and Fedor still KTFO Arlovski in a couple minutes.

Funny how haters are so stupid they try to discredit legends yet end up complimenting them.

That was Arlovski at his best and he still got KTFO.

Arlovski was 29 years old on a 5 fight winning streak with Freddie Roach in his corner. He just beat Werdum and knocked out Roy Nelson and Ben Rothwell. And Fedor KTFO Arlovski in a couple minutes.

Funny how haters are so stupid they try to discredit legends yet end up complimenting them.
Sure arlovski was in his physical prime when he fought fedor but he's never known for being technical on feet,arlovski is never a technical striker and a counter striker but he was able to countered almost every Fedor wild punches.
giphy.gif

Back