Stipe Miocic vs. Francis N'Gannou - Heavyweight Title

Millennials are fun, aren't they? All about the positivity when they're having everything go their way but the minute it doesn't all that "I can do anything if I want to!" stuff goes right out the window and they either go completely silent or blame everyone else on the planet for it.

i guess he throught trump bashing improves your cardio

I'm hoping to become a certified CTE translator for moments like these. Plenty of job security and high demand in a virtually untapped market <LucyBless>
Until Dr. Joe Hogan begins injecting a cocktail of stem cells, DMT and alpha brain into their brains - curing their CTE riddled brains and putting you out of business.
1422321579606.gif

Ok few things we learned about Ngannou tonight:

He is still very raw, and he doesn't have the top level TDD yet, he needs to work on his TDD a lot.. he would never be able to beat guys like Cain without having a very good TDD.

His cardio is not great but I didn't expect him to go 5 rounds and Stipe was quite tired himself.

He has a big heart, he didn't want to quit, he has many chances to quit and take the easy route out but he didn't... this was the one positive for him.

He should fight Black Beast next I think.. that would be a cool matchup

The ONLY reason Ngannou didn't quit is because Stipe literally did nothing to make him quit. Just one significant flurry would've done the trick.

I can't think of a worse use of that term. lol

1. Holyfield had great cardio
  2. Holyfield finished fights
  3. Holyfield didn't stall the action

Congrats Stipe.

Stipe has awesome cardio. Maybe the best in the division... He just boxed AND wrestled a dude 30 pounds bigger than him for 25 minutes. You wouldn't last a minutes before your lungs started burning.

He also has a high finish rate, and game planned this fight. Holyfield used to stall bigger punchers all the time, that was his MO as the smaller HW.

It's a good comparison. @ClosetVitorFan

Last edited:
I can't think of a worse use of that term. lol

1. Holyfield had great cardio
  2. Holyfield finished fights
  3. Holyfield didn't stall the action

Congrats Stipe.

Holyfield did have great cardio, but what kind of idiot thinks Stipe isn't a finisher? Right now he's got a better finishing percentage than Holyfield had. I'm not shitting on Evander, but Stipe has only gone to a decision five times in twenty fights.

The Falcons, Lindsey Vonn, now Ngannou, maybe there is something to this Trump curse.

Until Dr. Joe Hogan begins injecting a cocktail of stem cells, DMT and alpha brain into their brains - curing their CTE riddled brains and putting you out of business.
1422321579606.gif
Solid point. I'll have to act fast.

Get in, Get rich, Get out.
<Goldie11>

Last edited:
The ONLY reason Ngannou didn't quit is because Stipe literally did nothing to make him quit. Just one significant flurry would've done the trick.

Exactly. I was really disappointed in him to be honest. Ngannou could barely stand up. He wasn't going anywhere. All he had to do was start wailing on him, exactly as he did to Hunt in that position. Or go for the RNC like he did at the end of the first, another 15 seconds and it was his.

What did the Falcons say about Trump??? Did they do this before the Super Bowl???

I'm not sure the Falcons said anything, but everyone knew Trump was rooting for the Patriots and all the Trump haters were celebrating the Falcons going ahead as a big FU to Trump and then the curse took effect.

I mean lets be real... Stipe dominated, but he looked bad
So you dominate somebody and make them look like an amateur... Yet somehow this makes you look bad?

How does that work?

I'm not sure the Falcons said anything, but everyone knew Trump was rooting for the Patriots and all the Trump haters were celebrating the Falcons going ahead as a big FU to Trump and then the curse took effect.
I hope the patriots get their shit pushed in tomorrow!

82-0 round 4 strikes lmfao that must be some kind of record
He could have finished but decided to coast. Not a fan on his wall and stall, hold you down and not strike style.

I like grappling, but not holding on and laying on the man

So you dominate somebody and make them look like an amateur... Yet somehow this makes you look bad?

How does that work?

Seriously? Stipe was moving in slow motion after the 3d. Stipe DID look bad (after the first 2 rounds), Ngannou just looked much much worse. He gassed worse then any HW in a title fight ever

Ok few things we learned about Ngannou tonight:

He is still very raw, and he doesn't have the top level TDD yet, he needs to work on his TDD a lot.. he would never be able to beat guys like Cain without having a very good TDD.

His cardio is not great but I didn't expect him to go 5 rounds and Stipe was quite tired himself.

He has a big heart, he didn't want to quit, he has many chances to quit and take the easy route out but he didn't... this was the one positive for him.

He should fight Black Beast next I think.. that would be a cool matchup
A busier striker like Werdum would eat Ngannou alive. Stipe let Francis slide

Back