Stipe Miocic vs. Francis N'Gannou - Heavyweight Title

He is the UFC fucking champ! He is and should be held to higher standards. I don't think any fighter in the UFC has gassed as bad as Ngannou did, and Stipe was so tired he was basically just lightly tapped him after the first 2 rounds. This fight definitely did not raise his stock in most peoples eyes.

What? wtf are you talking about? Higher standard? Stipe just broke the standard! First to defend HW title 3 times in the history of UFC . You really think those defenses were cake walks? The guy beat everybody who is any body with the exception of Cain, who he didn't fight.
Ngannou hits like a mack truck or do you think his punching was overhyped.?
To be a champion you also need to have brains.
Stipe usually does not fight like DC but in this case he tailored his strategy to his opponent, who threw every thing but the kitchen sink and after two rounds gassed.
As tired as he was, Ngannou could still take your head off with one shot in the fifth round.
You don't think that Stipe got tired after the first two rounds? Is he supposed to be super human ?
He did get hit and he took it and then managed and controlled the pace and used wrestling to his best advantage.
DC does it all the time and people keep talking how great he is until he runs into some one like JBJ.
First of all, the bookies got it wrong and I am extremely glad they did.
How do you make a champ that is in his prime a +170 dog?
I know Dana lost a ton of money. Francis was getting groomed to be the next Conor, but we all know how that ended. Guy got stripped twice and people still want to put him in pound for pound top 10. What a joke.
Give Stipe his due. He just demonstrated that he is the best or did you expect him to bring a baseball bat and KO Ngannou with it?

Francis was in control for 2 seconds according to official statistics.

tumblr_nxjvhp2l4G1rfd7lko1_500.gif

Man that was boring. Wonder why Stipe has no fans... Dude fights a guy who's too tired to even move and can't get a finish. Not even really trying, just trying to tire him more and wait for the decision. "Baddest man on the planet" my ass.

Smart, though. And he took some punches well, too. Gotta give credit for that.

Za Dom!
Man that was boring. Wonder why Stipe has no fans... Dude fights a guy who's too tired to even move and can't get a finish. Not even really trying, just trying to tire him more and wait for the decision. "Baddest man on the planet" my ass.

He has plenty....and boy, are we happy!

Excellent gameplan by stipe to neutralize francis, drag stipe into the later rounds gassing him out was a great tactic. Francis can rebound just like when tito lost to Frank shamrock due to cardio, tito focused on improving his cardio after that fight. Francis should do the same if he doesn't he be carwin 2.0.

Reminded me of carwin, dangerous first round power puncher but more skillful striking, but if the fighter ride out the first wave of attack they can win it.

Last edited:

Sorry what would your gameplan have been against Ngannou looooool

Sorry what would your gameplan have been against Ngannou looooool

I already said he was smart. I'm just saying that fights like that don't win you fans. And you can't go all T-Wood later and cry about not being promoted if that's how you fight.

I already said he was smart. I'm just saying that fights like that don't win you fans. And you can't go all T-Wood later and cry about not being promoted if that's how you fight.

Fair enough, but he won his previous 5 fights by KO, so I can give him a pass for dominating the alleged ‘biggest force in HW history’ for the whole fight and not getting the finish.

YES! WOW that was one of the best performances in MMA history! Great win for Stipe and now he's definitely the most accomplished UFC Heavyweight there has been!

Dana needs to suck it up and come up with a way to promote Stipe. How hard would it be to put together a series of “humble firefighter/hero on the daily, baddest man on the planet on the side” videos? I mean, people LOVE firefighters (and rightly so). This shit practically writes itself. Great gameplan and execution from Stipe. I’m a bigger fan with every fight.

Meanwhile, Francis has no reason to hang his head. He has a few tools he needs to add to his box, but still has great potential. No shame in being outclassed in a loss, if you’re up to the challenge of learning from it. I look forward to seeing how he bounces back from this humbling experience.

I honestly thought this was an amazing fight and I mentioned before it was like it told a story. Almost like a scripted pro wrestling match.

Honestly, another yeat and a few more fights under his belt and I think Curtis Blades can dethrone Stipe, and the dude is still in his mid-twenties.
I was thinking of Blaydes last night after the fight. I think he can beat Francis in a rematch, which is a fight he's expressed interest in. That said, I don't think he can beat Stipe unless he turns into a different fighter in the next few years. Why?

1. Striking: Stipe is the better boxer, has more power, more pressure, and the better gameplanning.

2. Grappling: Stipe is the better MMA wrestler right now, but this can change in a few years. I have no idea how Stipe's TDD is, so perhaps Blaydes can have a wrestling heavy gameplan. I just don't see Blaydes wrestlefucking Stipe, though, but I could be wrong. Blaydes' wrestling didn't look that great against guys like Omienzluk (the polish dude haha)

3. Blaydes does everything well, but nothing great. He's athletic, has surpringly quick hands for a man that size, has explosive takedowns, has a good chin, and is big. BUT, Stipe is the better striker, wrestler (so far), gameplanner, has more power, and more pressure. You need the advantage in something to beat a guy like Stipe.

I predict Stipe T/KOing Blaydes by the third.

Seriously? Stipe was moving in slow motion after the 3d. Stipe DID look bad (after the first 2 rounds), Ngannou just looked much much worse. He gassed worse then any HW in a title fight ever
It takes a lot out of you wrestlefucking a guy 20 pounds heavier and who's a lot stronger. Stipe fought the perfect fight last night. Second best HW ever behind Fedor (for now).

It takes a lot out of you wrestlefucking a guy 20 pounds heavier and who's a lot stronger. Stipe fought the perfect fight last night. Second best HW ever behind Fedor (for now).
A perfect fight wouldn't have you huffing wind and moving less then half your speed in the second half of the fight. Stipe was so tired, a dead Ngannou was stuffing more and more of his TDs as the fight went on.

Stipe is the second best HW ever. But how bad he gassed last night was bad. The 5th round looked like Kimbo vs DADA 5000. That's probably the most gassed I have seen 2 fighters in the UFC since Kimbo vs Houston

Back