Stipe talking about KNUCKLE DEEP EYEPOKE

Everyone against the DC eye pokes, what do you think should have happpened? Should have DC been Dq’d? Taking points results into the same result. Can’t Dq on the first poke as Stipe eye poked first. I haven’t seen the second but is that what are you saying. Second eye poke is a loss?

Oh fuck you. Stipe got poked bad in this fight he could have lost vision. He has a right to be a little upset especially after DC ignored the refs warnings to stop extending his fingers.
So? what is the point of complaining about it? It's just making Stipe look bad.

oh and, fuck you too Gabe

Ain't happening. Bellator has adopted a similar glove and offered the UFC to replicate it for free because it reduced eye pokes and hand breaks (they did statistics after the implementation) and the UFC never responded to their offer.

https://mmajunkie.com/2014/05/bella...n-has-curbed-hand-injuries-offers-tech-to-ufc
UFC is dropping the ball. In 2013 they said they were looking into new gloves to prevent eyepokes.....nothing. At UFC 219, a full 4 years later, they experiment with AI sensors in the gloves but still haven't addressed the design for eye pokes. They need to learn to prioritize. It's especially bad with the offer from bellator to help protect fighters and they just ignore it.

He's gone from a gracious loser to salty as fuck in 1 week. Must be channeling his inner Rockhold.

Didn't he say he didn't know that DC had been warned by the ref until after his coaches told him? Maybe at first Stipe accepted it as just one of those things that happens, a stray accident. But later on he reflects that DC doing it after a warning means a deliberate pattern of behavior. I won't go so far as to call it cheating, but choosing to fight in a manner where eyepokes are bound to happen even after being cautioned is definitely tiptoeing near the line. Sort of like what in law they call "reckless endangerment."

I'm surprised eye pokes aren't even more prevalent in the UFC. Considering you get away with it 100% of the time...
Yeah if you're strictly out to win should plan on throwing at least 1, maybe 2 pokes out there. Free damage that can last for the whole fight. Which is quite sad to ponder.

DC has absorbed JJ's powers and dream fight.

At least it was only knuckle deep, Stipe.
Imagine how deep Black Beast would have gone.

Stipe eye poked DC too though..

I am not a Stipe nuthugger, nor have I defended him yet, it that Stile poked DC thing is nonsense.. I've watched the gif back a whole bunch and DC never actually gets poked at all.. his brow area gets stroked, there's no actual poke where anything touches his eye.

Did you watch the eyepoke? People keep repeating this, but the gif shows stripes hand gliding across Cormier face, no sign of any finger or part of hand actually going into Cormier eye, only over the top of his brow eye socket region.

I am not a Stipe nuthugger, nor have I defended him yet, it that Stile poked DC thing is nonsense.. I've watched the gif back a whole bunch and DC never actually gets poked at all.. his brow area gets stroked, there's no actual poke where anything touches his eye.

Did you watch the eyepoke? People keep repeating this, but the gif shows stripes hand gliding across Cormier face, no sign of any finger or part of hand actually going into Cormier eye, only over the top of his brow eye socket region.
An opinion on a topic is one thing, but missing facts and stating opinion as fact, is simply blind.. Reality and opinion are two vastly different things. No need to be a "nuthugger" to see what those with an unbiased mindset, clearly see.

An opinion on a topic is one thing, but missing facts and stating opinion as fact, is simply blind.. Reality and opinion are two vastly different things. No need to be a "nuthugger" to see what those with an unbiased mindset, clearly see.

Hold on a minute, it's been what, 2 or 3 weeks since the fight, and I've not defended stipe once? And I have the bias?? I am using my damn eyes only, no emotion.

The irony that you talk about opinion and facts, because your post sounds just like you trying to state facts, without zero evidence or imagery.

I tell you what, show me the exact moment stripes hand touches DCs eye, it shouldn't be hard since you literally just said it's a fact that DC poked stipe, so that means you will show an easy screenshot of Dcs finger or fingers in Stipes eye. I've seen the gif, that does not show any proper eye poke.. show me the part of the gif where the poke actually occurs, rather than being a sheep.

I'm waiting.

there weren't as many eyepokes in pride due to the more curved gloves they used-

images

images

This I didn’t know... makes sense to me.
Good post.

So? what is the point of complaining about it? It's just making Stipe look bad.

oh and, fuck you too Gabe
Yeah no fighter should ever complain about anything ever.

The eyepokes were always on the refs blind side, and someone as experienced as DC knows EXACTLY what he is doing with that. He was pretending to be so classy and friendly with Stipe before the fight -- DC is your real snake, fellas.

Back