Stipe vs Cain needs to happen

SammyG420

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
The fight everyone will want to see since hasn’t happened an both are mirror images of each other is Cain vs Stipe but Cain doesn’t deserve the shot yet obviously.

Velasquez vs Werdum 2 for next #1 contender imo is only fight to make. But, that’s also a dangerous match up for Cain coming off another long lay off so I’m not sure his team will make that happen without a tune up fight.

Only other idea I have is Dos Santos vs Werdum 2, but both got starched in the 1st rd by Stipe last time so I don’t think anyone wants to see them 2 get a rematch anytime soon.

Heavyweight division lacking in depth an seeing Ngannou have same gas tank, ground game as Kimbo Slice I was pretty disappointed. I didn’t care who won cause I like both guys but I thought Ngannou skill set was a little more polished.

That said...I hope Ngannou vs Lewis happens. Should just cancel the Lewis vs Tybura match up cause Tybura gona win that.

Werdum beats Cain every day of the week. If you want to see Stipe fight Cain, i don't know why you'd want Cain to fight Werdum first

Cain needs a tune up fight.

He always loses a big fight after an injury so he needs a Travis Browne type of opponent before a title shot.

After that, fuck yeah.

I think healthy Cain mauls Stipe.

Stipe is basically a poor mans Cain Valasquez.

Stipe has a better chin tho...

Rather see DC. Even if Cain is able to show up for the fight he doesn't deserve it. He got finished by Werdum and he beat Travis Browne which means nothing cause he's Travis Browne. And he can't put 2 fights in a row together unless you give him 2-3 years to do it.

Werdum beats Cain every day of the week. If you want to see Stipe fight Cain, i don't know why you'd want Cain to fight Werdum first
Because both guys have no fight lined up an both the only logical title contenders. Idk what makes you think Werdum able to beat Cain so easily just cause of end of rd 1 and basically gave Werdum the guillotine on a takedown attempt. Cain was taking it to him the majority of the first then strangely the momentum shifted near end of rd.

Rather see DC. Even if Cain is able to show up for the fight he doesn't deserve it. He got finished by Werdum and he beat Travis Browne which means nothing cause he's Travis Browne. And he can't put 2 fights in a row together unless you give him 2-3 years to do it.
This is why he has to deserve it by fighting Werdum as I explained

An DC already said he not going to heavyweight. Plus he retiring soon

Cain needs to fight werdum first. Plus stipe is going to have a baby so we might not see him until the end of the year depending on when the baby is due.

Maybe if Jon can somehow get all this bs sweapt under rug which so far they doing there best to do that, then he instantly becomes the next #1 contender at heavyweight if he wanted

Cain needs to fight werdum first. Plus stipe is going to have a baby so we might not see him until the end of the year depending on when the baby is due.
This is a good thing honestly, let some contenders shape up while he has the baby. Vitaly Minakov would be a nice addition if they could sign him

This is why he has to deserve it by fighting Werdum as I explained

Chances he makes 2 fights in a one year span is what maybe 5%? Cain's made of glass. Which makes him a shit investment. Why would you want another champ who can't defend because he can't make the fights? He's only older and more broken down.

At this point, Cain's the only guy left in the division that makes for an interesting match-up you would really have to think about.

Aside from him, I think Stipe smashes everyone else more often than not.

Should he go through Werdum or someone else first? Probably but there's a chance Werdum may beat him again so I dunno if you wanna risk a fresh Stipe v. Cain match over that.

Cain needs a tune up fight.

He always loses a big fight after an injury so he needs a Travis Browne type of opponent before a title shot.

After that, fuck yeah.

I think healthy Cain mauls Stipe.

I love stipe
but he an't get better chin than CAIN
u watch cain vs kongo
kongo threw some hook bomb in CAIN chin TWICE IN A ROW
but that dude just take him down immediately
in that point i knew other HW s f up ...........

I love stipe
but he an't get better chin than CAIN
u watch cain vs kongo
kongo threw some hook bomb in CAIN chin TWICE IN A ROW
but that dude just take him down immediately
in that point i knew other HW s f up ...........

Cain got knocked down twice in the Kongo fight, correct? Miocic got knocked down twice in his entire career. But Cain must have teh better chin....

I don't get why people hate rematchs that much, yeah Werdum already fought Stipe but we know that Werdum lost by doing a stupid move of rushing in, OBVIOUSLY he won't have a similar strategy and won't do the same mistake, so it's a totally new fight, how people don't wanna to see that? Werdum already earned his shot, while Cain did fucking nothing to get it.

Cain can fight Overeem or Volkov.

Because both guys have no fight lined up an both the only logical title contenders. Idk what makes you think Werdum able to beat Cain so easily just cause of end of rd 1 and basically gave Werdum the guillotine on a takedown attempt. Cain was taking it to him the majority of the first then strangely the momentum shifted near end of rd.
Werdum won both rounds and then finished him while being ahead at 3rd, and by PRIDE rules (damage) he would've won aswell. Cain only won like the first 2 or 3 minutes of 1st round but the beating he managed to took in the last gave the round to Werdum.

Werdum beats him again.

Lol that statement is stupid in so many ways.

The fight everyone will want to see since hasn’t happened an both are mirror images of each other is Cain vs Stipe but Cain doesn’t deserve the shot yet obviously.

Velasquez vs Werdum 2 for next #1 contender imo is only fight to make. But, that’s also a dangerous match up for Cain coming off another long lay off so I’m not sure his team will make that happen without a tune up fight.

Only other idea I have is Dos Santos vs Werdum 2, but both got starched in the 1st rd by Stipe last time so I don’t think anyone wants to see them 2 get a rematch anytime soon.

Heavyweight division lacking in depth an seeing Ngannou have same gas tank, ground game as Kimbo Slice I was pretty disappointed. I didn’t care who won cause I like both guys but I thought Ngannou skill set was a little more polished.

That said...I hope Ngannou vs Lewis happens. Should just cancel the Lewis vs Tybura match up cause Tybura gona win that.
agreed. cain beats werdum with some ease at sea level. he needs this to tune himself up before a matchup with stipe. they have similar games. great matchup.
a few years ago i would have said cain. now. im not so sure.

Lol Cain got his ass kicked and had very minimal success when they fought. Werdum is a better striker, he's better in the clinch, and he's better on the ground.

Werdum is not afraid of the clinch or the takedown like everyone else Cain has fought. He welcomes it because of how good he is on the ground. Which means he can open up his striking without the fear of the takedown.

Cain on the other hand isn't as good as Werdum in the clinch and can't resort to the takedown, so he's basically a kickboxer against Werdum and again, he's not as good as Werdum nor does he have the power in his strikes to back Werdum off.

And the momentum strangely shifted because Werdum was starting to kick the shit out of Cain

Lol Cain got his ass kicked and had very minimal success when they fought. Werdum is a better striker, he's better in the clinch, and he's better on the ground.

Werdum is not afraid of the clinch or the takedown like everyone else Cain has fought. He welcomes it because of how good he is on the ground. Which means he can open up his striking without the fear of the takedown.

Cain on the other hand isn't as good as Werdum in the clinch and can't resort to the takedown, so he's basically a kickboxer against Werdum and again, he's not as good as Werdum nor does he have the power in his strikes to back Werdum off.

And the momentum strangely shifted because Werdum was starting to kick the shit out of Cain
research the effects of fighting at altitude before you post again son.

research the effects of fighting at altitude before you post again son.

Watch the fight. That would've happened in Vegas, LA, Boston, England, Australia, or Brazil.

Werdum is a nightmare matchup for Cain regardless of altitude. But you can use the altitude excuse all you want.

Back