Stipe vs Cain needs to happen

I meant to quote this comment for my last comment, haven’t commented here in awhile

Use the altitude excuse all you want. The fight will look no different if they fight again. Werdum is superior to Cain in all aspects of fighting except wrestling.

Not in that respect.

What we saw yesterday was very Cainesque, or AKAesque if you will :D

Do you think Stipe would beat a healthy Cain ? The one we saw in the JDS or Bigfoot fights ?

I'm aware, and quite sad, that Cain will never be the same... but we can hope right ? :)
No doubt he looked like Cain on Saturday night, and I'd love to see prime Cain vs stipe, hell of a fight. I don't know who'd win that. Cains chin isn't amazing and stipe could knock him out, buuut could Cain take stipe down and work him like he does to people to avoid the stand up? I'm not sure, stipe isn't a slouch with his TDD. We'll probably never know with how beat up cains body is now.

Not before a tune-up fight.

Book Cain vs Werdum II.

Last edited:
Use the altitude excuse all you want. The fight will look no different if they fight again. Werdum is superior to Cain in all aspects of fighting except wrestling.
....I never once said anything about the altitude. And if you think Werdum has better cardio an boxing then Cain I’m not sure what to say to you. Werdum keeps his head planted on center line an really only good with his jab an straight right. Cain’s hands are way more diverse an actually moves his head. Werdum also stands flat footed while Cain uses angles.

For the people questioning Cain’s chin an not Stipe...why? Stipe got knocked out by Struve an has been rocked by scrubs like Phil de Fries or whatever his name was.

Once again, I don’t have a favorite in that match up, just don’t understand some of these comments.

There's a bunch of questions with Cain. Will he show up to fight night healthy? Will he make it through camp? Will it be washed up Cain or old Cain? Ring rust??

Idk. I am a Cain fan but I don't have a lot of trust in that idea right now.

....I never once said anything about the altitude. And if you think Werdum has better cardio an boxing then Cain I’m not sure what to say to you. Werdum keeps his head planted on center line an really only good with his jab an straight right. Cain’s hands are way more diverse an actually moves his head. Werdum also stands flat footed while Cain uses angles.

For the people questioning Cain’s chin an not Stipe...why? Stipe got knocked out by Struve an has been rocked by scrubs like Phil de Fries or whatever his name was.

Once again, I don’t have a favorite in that match up, just don’t understand some of these comments.

Whatever you say, man.

Cain fought Werdum already and he got his ass kicked. His standup is not good enough to beat Werdum without the threat of a takedown, and Werdum doesn't care about getting taken down.

Werdum is the worst possible matchup for him because what has made Cain successful is completely nullified against Werdum.

And Cain's head movement is awful, don't know what you've seen to think it's good

I said back when cain was champion that stipe is his nightmare

I feel even more certain of it than ever.

Cain may have slightly better wrestling, but Stipe's striking is leagues ahead of cain's and the height and reach advantages will only accentuate it. Stipe's footwork is much more skilled, he can go any direction with total control. Cain's aggression will only get him hurt.

The fight everyone will want to see since hasn’t happened an both are mirror images of each other is Cain vs Stipe but Cain doesn’t deserve the shot yet obviously.

Velasquez vs Werdum 2 for next #1 contender imo is only fight to make. But, that’s also a dangerous match up for Cain coming off another long lay off so I’m not sure his team will make that happen without a tune up fight.

Only other idea I have is Dos Santos vs Werdum 2, but both got starched in the 1st rd by Stipe last time so I don’t think anyone wants to see them 2 get a rematch anytime soon.

Heavyweight division lacking in depth an seeing Ngannou have same gas tank, ground game as Kimbo Slice I was pretty disappointed. I didn’t care who won cause I like both guys but I thought Ngannou skill set was a little more polished.

That said...I hope Ngannou vs Lewis happens. Should just cancel the Lewis vs Tybura match up cause Tybura gona win that.
I think Werdum has done enough to earn the next title shot.

Would love to see Cain vs Stipe though

Velasquez vs Werdum 2 for next #1 contender imo is only fight to make. But, that’s also a dangerous match up for Cain coming off another long lay off so I’m not sure his team will make that happen without a tune up fight.
please no.

Stipe v Werdum II this summer please.
Cain v anyone this summer please.

winners can fight each other.

if Stipe waits for the winner of Werdum v Cain II, we may not get another title fight until 2020.

Back