Stipe vs. Cro Cop

LHWBelt

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
What would you think if while the UFC doesn't have a good challenger for Stipe (unless Ngannou wins) what would you think if the UFC signed another champ and threw him against Stipe. It wouldn't have to be CC but maybe one of these:

Cro Cop (43)(35-11-2-1) - Rizin Openweight GP champ, showed he still has something there.

Vera (40)(15-7-0-1) - ONE FC champ. Hasn't really beaten such a big name since being out of the UFC but HW is his best division.

Marcin Rozalski (39)(7-4) - KSW champ. Good striker who got a sub on Pudz but not too much else.

Blagoi Ivanov (31)(15-1-0-1) - PFL champ if they keep WSOF champ.

Darko Stosic (25)(12-1) - FFC champ. Don't know anything about him but that's young for such a good record at HW.

Richard Odoms (42)(13-3) - LFA champ. Old but he's fought a lot of the journeyman and good regional HWs and done well.

Mighty Mo (47)(12-5) - ROAD FC champ. Oldest guy around but he has some good and consistently keeps putting down the dudes Road gives him.

Any interest in a "fill in" like this until hopefully Ngannou wins? You could do this fight in like January and then he could still fight Ngannou/Overeem winner around May or so and be all good assuming he beats whoever they give him (bad assumption at HW). I think it'd be pretty interesting and gives Stipe another chance to add to his resume while beating some other champ. CC makes the most sense to me but Ivanov is the real deal and Stosic has youth on his side. Vera, Rozalski, and Mo offer interesting striking match ups for Stipe as well and like I said it's HW, anything can and does happen.

Interesting too that even worldwide the HW division is old as dirt. Not just a UFC problem.

What would you think if while the UFC doesn't have a good challenger for Stipe (unless Ngannou wins) what would you think if the UFC signed another champ and threw him against Stipe. It wouldn't have to be CC but maybe one of these:

Cro Cop (43)(35-11-2-1) - Rizin Openweight GP champ, showed he still has something there.

Vera (40)(15-7-0-1) - ONE FC champ. Hasn't really beaten such a big name since being out of the UFC but HW is his best division.

Marcin Rozalski (39)(7-4) - KSW champ. Good striker who got a sub on Pudz but not too much else.

Blagoi Ivanov (31)(15-1-0-1) - PFL champ if they keep WSOF champ.

Darko Stosic (25)(12-1) - FFC champ. Don't know anything about him but that's young for such a good record at HW.

Richard Odoms (42)(13-3) - LFA champ. Old but he's fought a lot of the journeyman and good regional HWs and done well.

Mighty Mo (47)(12-5) - ROAD FC champ. Oldest guy around but he has some good and consistently keeps putting down the dudes Road gives him.

Any interest in a "fill in" like this until hopefully Ngannou wins? You could do this fight in like January and then he could still fight Ngannou/Overeem winner around May or so and be all good assuming he beats whoever they give him (bad assumption at HW). I think it'd be pretty interesting and gives Stipe another chance to add to his resume while beating some other champ. CC makes the most sense to me but Ivanov is the real deal and Stosic has youth on his side. Vera, Rozalski, and Mo offer interesting striking match ups for Stipe as well and like I said it's HW, anything can and does happen.

Blagoi is the only interesting matchup out of all these champions.

Stipe will never fight his idol Mirco, but if he would - he always can pound him on the ground to a coma.

Interesting too that even worldwide the HW division is old as dirt. Not just a UFC problem.

HWs MMA abilities are more durable to age, unlike lighter divisions.

The fact that CW tells us Cro Cop wins. Means Stipe would be lucky to be #6 HW of all time.

I miss healthy Cain... guess we will have to deal with mediocre stripe as champ.

Blagoi Ivanov would be fun. He likes to throw down.
Stipe in Rd.1

So...the answer to not having a clear #1 contender is to throw MORE names into the hat?

And one of those names — Cro Cop — is literally the only fighter that Stipe has said he'd never fight.

So...the answer to not having a clear #1 contender is to throw MORE names into the hat?

And one of those names — Cro Cop — is literally the only fighter that Stipe has said he'd never fight.

Didn't know he said that. Not really saying it's an answer to any thing just a fill in so Stipe doesn't have to wait all the way until the winner of Reem/Ngannou. This way he can fight earlier, have an interesting match, then get the match everyone wants assuming all goes well.

I miss healthy Cain... guess we will have to deal with mediocre stripe as champ.

I guess four 1st round KOs in a row and maximum defenses for any HW champ is "mediocre" for you...
Your stupidity is not going to be healed.

Blagoi is the only interesting matchup out of all these champions.

Stipe will never fight his idol Mirco, but if he would - he always can pound him on the ground to a coma.
Or he might end up like Pat Barry
Come give Uncle mirko a hug. Head kick

None of those guys would do heavyweight needs new blood badly.

No. Just no. He's most likely fight the Ngannou/Overeem winner next. Relax.

FFS imagine if he loses. No

Cro-Cop by being a real Croat cop whilst Stipe is just a firefighter and a fan-fiction Croat.

<CroCop1><CroCop1><CroCop1>

Mighty Mo is 47 already?!?!

What-Year-Is-It.jpg

As someone who doesn't have English as his native language, I'm always laughing my ass off at native speakers' inability to use the word "literally" correctly. Also a lot of Americans can't pronounce "ask", they always say "aks". It's ridiculous.

I guess four 1st round KOs in a row and maximum defenses for any HW champ is "mediocre" for you...
Your stupidity is not going to be healed.
Yeah he also truly believes that Werdum got lucky with the 3 round ass whooping he gave Cain. Cain has only fought 4 different fighters over the last 6 years! Dos Santos 3x (2-1), Bigfoot twice (2-0), Travis Browne (1-0) and Fabricio Werdum (0-1) I can't believe Cain fans truly believe he's great and will run through the division if he's healthy. Stipe flattens Cain and Werdum starches him in a rematch. Beating Dos Santos twice is impressive but he's also a perfect match up for Cain and we all know how Bigfoot and Travis Browne are. Cain was not a good champion, Stipe is get over it!

Back