Stipe vs. Cro Cop

TS, you want Mirko dead? What did he ever did to you? lol

I'm a huge Mirko fan, but this is just crazy. He doesn't belong in a cage with Miocic. Let Mirko enjoy his retirement or let him fight Fedor once again. I would like to see Miocic vs Struve so that L on his record can be avenged and people will stop saying "yeah he got KOed by Struve" (actually it was a TKO after the eye poke and slip but wtf), against Werdum and Overeem again, against overhyped untested Ngannou and healthy Cain.

Cain was on a 2 year layoff fighting in high elevation when he lost to werdum. Everyone knows that wasn't a healthy Cain lol. He gassed in one round .
healthy cain doesn't exist and real Cain gassed out because he took a beating R1 eating all knees and jabs from Werdum, move on

TS, you want Mirko dead? What did he ever did to you? lol

I'm a huge Mirko fan, but this is just crazy. He doesn't belong in a cage with Miocic. Let Mirko enjoy his retirement or let him fight Fedor once again. I would like to see Miocic vs Struve so that L on his record can be avenged and people will stop saying "yeah he got KOed by Struve" (actually it was a TKO after the eye poke and slip but wtf), against Werdum and Overeem again, against overhyped untested Ngannou and healthy Cain.

He probably doesnt. I didnt think he belonged in k-1 anymore though nor did i think he'd win rizins openweight tourney.

I wanted to give the sentence a little extra oomph, to highlight the extraordinary happenstance of picking the one name that Stipe ever nixed. I think that's allowable in a silly post on a free-wheeling forum about mixed martial arts. I don't try to prove anyone is the GOAT, I don't predict who'll win a fight...let me have a few harmless vices!

It's okay. You're probably one of the least ones I should criticize about this. You can articulate your reasons.. 99% of people just use the word whenever they want to and have no idea how or why.

Didn't know he said that. Not really saying it's an answer to any thing just a fill in so Stipe doesn't have to wait all the way until the winner of Reem/Ngannou. This way he can fight earlier, have an interesting match, then get the match everyone wants assuming all goes well.

Normally I'm not someone who demands "narrative" in their fights, but... the next title defense for Stipe is the fabled third straight that no Heavyweight has managed to win. It just wouldn't seem right if Stipe breaks the record and the Heavyweight Curse with a fight that would essentially be busywork. Look at all the jeering and accusations of ducking we had about Mighty Mouse going for the all-time consecutive defense record, and that was against someone with a decent ranking in his own division. Detractors have stuck enough asterisks on Stipe's reign as it is. If he should win his next fight, let it be against a contender beyond reproach.

Normally I'm not someone who demands "narrative" in their fights, but... the next title defense for Stipe is the fabled third straight that no Heavyweight has managed to win. It just wouldn't seem right if Stipe breaks the record and the Heavyweight Curse with a fight that would essentially be busywork. Look at all the jeering and accusations of ducking we had about Mighty Mouse going for the all-time consecutive defense record, and that was against someone with a decent ranking in his own division. Detractors have stuck enough asterisks on Stipe's reign as it is. If he should win his next fight, let it be against a contender beyond reproach.

That's a point I hadn't considered and a good one. Fair enough let it be Ngannou/JDS winner. I just thought it'd be an interesting way to get the HW division a new title fight and frankly I still like the idea just maybe down the line. Maybe then there will be more interesting champs at the time too. I like a couple of them and would be interested but most would be pretty outmatched.

Back