"Stipe was never my friend..."

This place and what seems to be a lot of the MMA community in general can be real garbage a lot of the time. Even the MMA media is getting behind hype trains and going along with jokes you see here. Pretty trash. I feel like communities like this have too much sway in what the popular notions are but a lot of it are people trolling. The internet has ruined MMA
It is almost as if it has become all about marketing. I know money keeps the sport moving forward but for the love of Chewy, keep the integrity of the sport.

Stipe sucks he got knocked out... in his prime... by a past his prime beer belly having house dad

I also think prime Tim Silvia would also beat Stipe.

castle-speechless.gif

I can't take any more GOAT arguments seriously on Sherdog, anymore.

Miocic went from GOAT to can in one fight, what the hell?

He was just the greatest Heavyweight Champion the UFC has ever seen and then he gets cracked by Cormier and Sherdog says...."Stipe was never my friend."

Some had him beating a prime Fedor and now people barely have him beating Demetrious Johnson.

One bad fight doesn't make the man, he is still at the top of the heap but a bad day at the office and you get Sherdogged...
Oh, around here it does!!!

The only people that ever claimed Stipe to be GOAT were the ones who didn’t know wtf they were talking about.

I also said prime Cain would destroy Stipe and everyone was acting like that was so far fetched, Cain was not on his level... can't box etc.

Well after DC's performance and the fact DC says Cain is better than him it doesn't seem that stupid now does it?

Cain is the most skilled current HW. If he ever comes back.
iCpLiE.gif

he stays ceaselessly injured

MMA calculus now shows how great Jones really was.
"There's levels to this shit."

I see Stipe in the same light but question his coaches' strategy and if he's training with jabronis.

I agree but in that division, what HW isn't vulnerable to a clean shot?
I'd say Big Country Roy, only Hunt was able to stop him, and Roy has taken some nasty shots over the years. I mean, Hunt's chin isn't what it used to be but it is still decent for a HW, but Roy's chin has yet to be cracked by anyone other than Hunt. I don't know how its physiologically possible for Roy's chin to remain so strong after so much punishment, but no chin lasts forever.

Prime Hunt ate a clean LHK from a prime Cro-cop back in Pride, and he was not even shook by it. In the video you can see an outline of sweat fall off of Hunt's head, it was a very Tyson-esque seen. However, when they fought earlier in K-1, Hunt actually leaned into his LHK because he tried to block it assuming it was a body kick, and Hunt was dropped but saved by kickboxing rules.

Though Melvin was the only one to KO prime hunt in mma, it was because he was launching his weight forward against a nasty power punch from one of the hardest hitting mma fighters to ever live.

JDS in his rematch with Cain, had displayed an unbelievable chin. He took so many shots from Cain, it was a surprise how he was still standing after the onslaught. I really think he just gave up when they ruled his loss a TKO, he was still conscious, but didn't have the gas to get up.

Also, I'd like to finally add, though prime Fedor never had a chin equivalent to a Hunt or JDS, his speed and reflexes are what prevented him from being finished by all those HWs he fought.

MMA calculus now shows how great Jones really was.
"There's levels to this shit."

I see Stipe in the same light but question his coaches' strategy and if he's training with jabronis.
Pride kicks in with certain fighters when they get lit up and they try to prove that a punch didn't hurt by taking another one and acting as if it isn't bothering them. Mir was guilty of this, as well. The training should be teaching to try not to get hit, period.

If there one thing I’ve learned over the years it’s that Sherdog’s UFC forum is fucking retarded.
It’s also one of the funniest spots on the internet at times though.

You're as good as your last fight.

lots of people were saying he's just a good fighter in a bad division

Pride kicks in with certain fighters when they get lit up and they try to prove that a punch didn't hurt by taking another one and acting as if it isn't bothering them. Mir was guilty of this, as well. The training should be teaching to try not to get hit, period.
...and maybe, IDK, use that reach you have to keep some distance from the world renowned wrestler. Bringing in Bader for two weeks was not enough. New striking strategy.

Last edited:
Back