Stipe will be paper champ forever

MysticGOD

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Considering DC's last fight being Lesnar and retiring, i don't think Stipe will ever be considered as a legit champ from now. Better go to the bellator and win a legot championship now

DC's last fight will be Stipe after Brock pops between now and next January

Mark it folks

Considering DC's last fight being Lesnar and retiring, i don't think Stipe will ever be considered as a legit champ from now. Better go to the bellator and win a legot championship now
I don't think you know what paper champ means.

Same with GSP to whoever the middleweight champ is these days

Lol. Mods thought only white belts made shitty threads.

It is a good point but DC is the paper champ at LHW too and Sherdog refuses to accept it

It's not like he never held the belt without defeating the previous belt holder, though. Sure some people will quibble if he gets the belt back without wresting it from DC's hands. But they'll look foolish saying that about the guy who silenced a Brazilian stadium and went on to break the heavyweight curse.

DC's last fight will be Stipe after Brock pops between now and next January

Mark it folks
Never in a million years imo.

Brock probably will pop and they will either have DC fight him anyway, or the move is Gustaffson at LHW or Jones at heavyweight (probably the latter).

He was on a winning streak, beat the champion to get the belt, defended his belt 3 times... And yet for some people he is a paper champ?

Never in a million years imo.

Brock probably will pop and they will either have DC fight him anyway, or the move is Gustaffson at LHW or Jones at heavyweight (probably the latter).

Jones will still be suspended. Brock will be suspended. DC won't be interested in cutting weight again at that point

Calling it now

lol all the belts are "paper" now except flyweight, bantamweight, welterweight and heavyweight. When Cormier retires with the HW belt, that too will be a paper belt with broken lineage. Everything else was utterly fucked by interim fuckery or abandonment by champ. Way to go, WME.

Stipe was one of the most legit champs.
Finished fights and ducked no one.
Only a true retard would call him paper champ.

That's stupid.

DC caught Miocic. Good for him.
But that doesn't mean he can do it every time.

Cain was KTFO by Junior.
That meant nothing, and we saw what happened in their next fights.

Claiming DC KO'd Miocic so he is forever better than him is asinine at best.

It's not like he never held the belt without defeating the previous belt holder, though. Sure some people will quibble if he gets the belt back without wresting it from DC's hands. But they'll look foolish saying that about the guy who silenced a Brazilian stadium and went on to break the heavyweight curse.
Stipe rocks. Let them quibble. Right?

Back