Stoker's Dracula 1992

I remember liking the book. The movie was sold as authentically following the book.

The outcome was a film reminiscent of how Yahoo.com presents "news"

Almost unwatchable.

Also Dracula/wolf banging redhead head got my teen penis all

<datassdom>

One of my favorite films of all time. Great cast. Great directing and the cinematography is just beautiful. The story is just out standing. Love it

i thought it was a great film for its time,but it hasn't aged well.

Great movie at the time, aged kinda bad
Dracula was weak, and i like a lot Gary Oldman

I will probably never get a perfect Dracula movie, surely not soon

I still have to see an actor incarnate the danger the Dracula figure should offer

Christopher Lee as man feel he could have done it, but tbh playing the char felt grotesque and a walking caricature

I will have liked see Mads give it try

bond-villains-gear-patrol-chiffre02.jpg

Dude have the perfect soulless and sharp face for the role, can act crazy well both from total classy to total savage, showed to be able of represent a sophisticated subtle treat like just run at you and chew off your carotid

Keanu's accent was as distracting as Portman's in V for Vendetta or Knightley's in Shadow Recruit.

I watched it for the first time like a year ago.

Keanus performance is notorious. Absolute cardboard incarnate. Awful.

Oldmans Dracula performance is over rated. Hopkins was a joke as Van Helsing. Ryder was middling as Mina.

Even it's beautiful sets and costumes now look a bit dated and false and as you say the pacing is a bit off.

I'm gonna' rewatch it again anyway. I'm always done to give films a few chances. But I thought it was just alright when I saw it, very bad in some ways, but it had it's strong points for sure.

What I loved about Dracula, was its setting and atmosphere, acting was somewhat average but it was the atmosphere. Intro already set the mood, darkish, soundtrack.

I would love to see more gothic movies, horrors, set in a village or towns. There is something about snow as well rather than summer scenery. Dark castles. I love this stuff.

I would love to see Dracula a bit stretched in fact. For an hour. What happen to him after he drunk the blood from the intro, where those brides came from, some fast forward sequence until the Renfield first appearance and some other stretched moments explaining certain bits. Final chase was awesome I think although the battle was short. I guess there wasnt much room for manoeuvring and extending it.

castle_snow_valley_by_rich35211-d6q06th.jpg

Last edited:
What I loved about Dracula, was its setting and atmosphere, acting was somewhat average but it was the atmosphere. Intro already set the mood, darkish, soundtrack.

I would love to see more gothic movies, horrors, set in a village or towns. There is something about snow as well rather than summer scenery. Dark castles. I love this stuff.

I would love to see Dracula a bit stretched in fact. For an hour. What happen to him after he drunk the blood from the intro, where those brides came from, some fast forward sequence until the Renfield first appearance and some other stretched moments explaining certain bits. Final chase was awesome I think although the battle was short. I guess there wasnt much room for manoeuvring and extending it.

I feel you on that one, I'm a huge Horror fan (my fave' genre). I love the old gothic settings of old villages drenched in fog, surrounded by the woods...it's all so perfect. It's a shame gothic horror isn't popular that much anymore.

Hammer Horror (British film studio) had tonnes of great little gothic Horror films. There Dracula film, 'Horror of Dracula' (1958) starring Christopher Lee is better than 'Bram Stokers Dracula' (1992) in my opinion.

Unfortunately the Dracula tale has never truly reached it's potential. Dracula (1931) is one of the weaker Universal classics. Nosferta (1922) is mind numbingly boring, not to mention it's a major copyright infringement. Everyone gives it a pass these days cause it happened so long ago, but I imagine if someone pulled that shit these days people would deride the film for being a rip off. Nosferatu (1979) is decent...but once more a bit dull and Nosferatu isn't quite Dracula. I do think Horror of Dracula is the best Dracula film we've got as of yet.

Bram Stokers Dracula definitely could have done with more Monica Bellucci (one of the 3 brides), I'm with you on that one. In fact, I say we make a Monica Bellucci vampire bride film. We could call it...Bride of Dracula.

<{1-16}>

As for the soundtrack I do like it, this theme is great.

I feel you on that one, I'm a huge Horror fan (my fave' genre). I love the old gothic settings of old villages drenched in fog, surrounded by the woods...it's all so perfect. It's a shame gothic horror isn't popular that much anymore.

Hammer Horror (British film studio) had tonnes of great little gothic Horror films. There Dracula film, 'Horror of Dracula' (1958) starring Christopher Lee is better than 'Bram Stokers Dracula' (1992) in my opinion.

Unfortunately the Dracula tale has never truly reached it's potential. Dracula (1931) is one of the weaker Universal classics. Nosferta (1922) is mind numbingly boring, not to mention it's a major copyright infringement. Everyone gives it a pass these days cause it happened so long ago, but I imagine if someone pulled that shit these days people would deride the film for being a rip off. Nosferatu (1979) is decent...but once more a bit dull and Nosferatu isn't quite Dracula. I do think Horror of Dracula is the best Dracula film we've got as of yet.

Bram Stokers Dracula definitely could have done with more Monica Bellucci (one of the 3 brides), I'm with you on that one. In fact, I say we make a Monica Bellucci vampire bride film. We could call it...Bride of Dracula.

<{1-16}>

As for the soundtrack I do like it, this theme is great.

What other similar movies u could recommend?

I recommend Van Helsing, Sleepy Hollow, Solomon Kane, Interview with Vampire and of course one of great movies which you probably never heard of but its worth to give it a shot. Brotherhood of Wolves. French so subs needed. I can provide link if u want.

What other similar movies u could recommend?

I recommend Van Helsing, Sleepy Hollow, Solomon Kane, Interview with Vampire and of course one of great movies which you probably never heard of but its worth to give it a shot. Brotherhood of Wolves. French so subs needed. I can provide link if u want.

Unfortunately there are not too many great gothic vampire horror films.

These are some vampire films I feel are worth watching, none are 'gothic' though. Salem's Lot (1979) the three hour version, Fright Night (1985), Let The Right One In (2008) and also Lifeforce (1985) it's a sci-fi space vampire thing with zombies, sort of... it's unusual but that's what I like about it. (also is you like nudity and good looking women, look no further Mathilda May is nude and gorgeous).

By all means, if you like Sci-Fi, Vampires, Zombies...Hot Chicks. Watch Lifeforce.

If you like Horror of Dracula (1958) check out the other sequels too it along with other Hammer films, stuff like Twins of Evil (1971), Curse of the Werewolf (1961).

A great Gothic Horror is the Italian film Black Sunday (1960) also known as The Mask of Satan. It's about witches though, not vampires. (black and white film). Black Sabbath (1963) was made by the same director, it's a horror anthology film (3 short stories in 1 movie). 2/3 are Gothic. The Wurdulack part, it's sort of like a vampire tale, is extremely 'gothic'. It's a great film. The directors name if Mario Bava, he was a big proponent of the gothic aesthetic, his other film Kill, Baby...Kill (1966) is once more, gothic as fuck. (it's a 'ghost' film though).

The Innocents (1961) is (sort of) a gothic 'haunted house' film. (black and white film)

I thought The Howling (1981) is a great little 'in-the-woods' 80s Werewolf flick. It's a bit like Friday the 13th meets The Wolfman.

One of the best from the 90's.

And why in the FUCK was this not in the OP?
eb53eeb0674e4dd8d29d21aba71bfa4e.jpg

It's basic principle to post this GIF in any thread about Bram Stoker's Dracula.
I watched this a few times as a kid, and this is all that I really remember from it. And Keanu's acting.

I like it. Tone is all over, acting is poor from Keanu and a lot of the other actors exaggerate their performances but its still a fun stylish, gory film that uses practical effects and the set dressing and costuming are pretty awesome imo.

Back