Stop making excuses for Anderson Silva

Yay, another Silva hating thread.

Yeah, let's see here: Since Silva popped he must have cheated his entire life, even though there is absolutely no proof, he was indeed tested back them and he even won over turbocharged Sonnen.

If you're gonna call Silva a cheater for his entire life, again with no proof whatsoever to back you up, and I think it's somewhat ok, then let's call GSP a cheater as well, he never popped because he was away from UFC when all this USADA scandals began. From Jones/Silva/GSP triplet, which [only] one who not popped and which [only] one was away from UFC back in that time? We don't have proof of it, but it's really possible and likely, it's nearly impossible for a natty fighter to have a better physique than a PED'ed counterpart.

You can call Silva a two-time cheater and I'd be okay with it, we have proof for that, other option is: You can say that everybody cheats on that level, I'm okay with that as well, but if you're going to state something with no real proof then you must do this to all other fighters as well. (Which for me is the closest thing to reality, but indeed we still have to respect the in dubio pro reo dogma when not chatting along with friends on whatsapp.)

It's like saying "Your son cheated on his 6th grade test and got caught, therefore we will hold him back to the 1st year because he possibly cheated all his way through", I bet you wouldn't be all so dura lex, sed lex with it, even though it's very likely he got caught not in his first time around.

What I don't see is: It's being said time and again that they keep a separate test sample to be able to test again whenever a new test method is out, why don't USADA test Silva's (and not just him, Jones, GSP, Aldo, Barao, and possibly all other not-by-accident champions) past samples? Why doesn't anyone bother to go after this and cease the doubt?
Blah blah blah. He's a 2x cheat.

Everyone? Did you conduct some survey on all mma fighters? How long did it take you?
Open your eyes man, did you see GSP's physique for a guy who trains aerobical exercises 8 hours a day? Look, Brock didn´t fail a test back then either. Therefore we must assume he was clean an natty, right?
hqdefault.jpg

Open your eyes man, did you see GSP's physique for a guy who trains aerobical exercises 8 hours a day? Look, Brock didn´t fail a test back then either. Therefore we must assume he was clean an natty, right?
hqdefault.jpg
Don't feed that troll, he's just seeking attention.

He's a 2 time cheat but I still trust him and believe he was clean the rest of the time. These 2 times are obviously the exception lol.

Yeah, let's see here: Since Silva popped he must have cheated his entire life, even though there is absolutely no proof, he was indeed tested back them and he even won over turbocharged Sonnen.

If you're gonna call Silva a cheater for his entire life, again with no proof whatsoever to back you up, and I think it's somewhat ok, then let's call GSP a cheater as well, he never popped because he was away from UFC when all this USADA scandals began. From Jones/Silva/GSP triplet, which [only] one who not popped and which [only] one was away from UFC back in that time? We don't have proof of it, but it's really possible and likely, it's nearly impossible for a natty fighter to have a better physique than a PED'ed counterpart.

You can call Silva a two-time cheater and I'd be okay with it, we have proof for that, other option is: You can say that everybody cheats on that level, I'm okay with that as well, but if you're going to state something with no real proof then you must do this to all other fighters as well. (Which for me is the closest thing to reality, but indeed we still have to respect the in dubio pro reo dogma when not chatting along with friends on whatsapp.)

It's like saying "Your son cheated on his 6th grade test and got caught, therefore we will hold him back to the 1st year because he possibly cheated all his way through", I bet you wouldn't be all so dura lex, sed lex with it, even though it's very likely he got caught not in his first time around.

What I don't see is: It's being said time and again that they keep a separate test sample to be able to test again whenever a new test method is out, why don't USADA test Silva's (and not just him, Jones, GSP, Aldo, Barao, and possibly all other not-by-accident champions) past samples? Why doesn't anyone bother to go after this and cease the doubt?

"If you get caught using steroids it means you have been using your entire career." - Anderson Silva

Your favorite guy does it too.

Everyone dopes.

Hilarious how people are still this naive about the world.

Yeah everyone loves to take the risk to have their legacy tarnished and be suspended for years without $$. Right. Also, funny that the richest fighters pops nowadays. I guess that the most expensive drugs are easier to detect.

Open your eyes man, did you see GSP's physique for a guy who trains aerobical exercises 8 hours a day?

Six-Pack-Abs-for-Girls.jpg

She has a nice physique. Are you going to accuse her of steroids too? Just because someone has a 6 pack, it doesn't mean he or she is cheating.

GSP is way smaller than Brock Lesnar. Brock had to cut weight to make the limit of 265 pounds. He was also eventually caught by the new, strict drug testing when he made his comeback. You cannot compare GSP with Brock Lesnar.

You haven't provided any before and after screenshots of GSP. Are you saying it's impossible for a guy to naturally play sports in high school, exercise at the gym, have a healthy diet, and then have a 6 pack at the beach?

You say that like everything being made is public. lol

You have a lot to learn about the world. It's a big place.

jesus h christ

it doesnt matter if its public, secret, made it someones garden shed

IT IS STILL PROHIBITED!!!

Again, please go back and actually read what I have written.

If you create something in your cellar, only you and your mates down the gym know about it, IT IS STILL ON THE PROHIBITED LIST... Even if WADA dont know about it, IT IS STILL ON THE PROHIBITED LIST

If you actually read what I posted (specifically S0 category) you would understand this

Anderson is out of the running as the GOAT. I'm sorry, but the guy was busted immediately the first time he was under USADA, then busted a second time? Logic would dictate that he was most likely using before also. He certainly hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt with a second positive.

No, I'm not giving him the "everyone was using, it's OK Anderson" bullshit excuse. There is no denying its use is a problem in the sport, but there is no way to know how many use it- 30%, 40, 60, 94? If we knew 100% were using for sure, we could still give him the GOAT, but we don't know that.

GSP has now fought before and after USADA, and no positives yet, so......

"If you get caught using steroids it means you have been using your entire career." - Anderson Silva
"Haha, joke is on you motherfucker" - me
"Let's scratch all due process and presume on guilty because an MMA fighter acted that way" - you
"Karma is definitely a bitch" - both of us

Could you guys please, like imploring for my life, pleeease stop being corporativists and understand that I'm not saying that Silva is innocent, just that if we're to blame his whole career on steroid than we must also blame all others?

If you want to say that he got caught 2x I'll be on your side.

Pretty clear most Brazilian fighters were on a lot of stuff pre USADA.. been a remarkable drop off since it came in and the new poster boy looks ready to fail a test at any moment.. Barao.. Anderson.. Vitor.. Aldo all pretty much fell of a cliff once harder drug testing came in.. and granted so have some American/other countries fighters.. but at least there are still some are still doing well.. holding belts

Anderson i gave a pass the first time as it was not long after leg break i believe? Now this.. pretty clear he was using most of his career

"Haha, joke is on you motherfucker" - me
"Let's scratch all due process and presume on guilty because an MMA fighter acted that way" - you
"Karma is definitely a bitch" - both of us

Could you guys please, like imploring for my life, pleeease stop being corporativists and understand that I'm not saying that Silva is innocent, just that if we're to blame his whole career on steroid than we must also blame all others?

If you want to say that he got caught 2x I'll be on your side.
Sure, as long as you mean all other that got caught for roids. I think anyone who has been caught is not in the GOAT running; it puts everything in doubt.

The reason your argument is poor is because it makes no sense.

So because Silva tested positive and GSP never tested positive, GSP must have been on steroids? That's literally what you just said. I hope you realize how ridiculous that statement is. There is a huge difference between testing positive twice and not testing positive at all. Until GSP tests positive or there is some evidence he was involved in BALCO or something, no, we cannot call him a cheater.

So would your list have Jones on it as well? in fact just list out all your top 5 fighters in order.

I've done that many times and this is the TRUEST order there is as there is and always has been and always will be legal substances that give advantages.

1. Mighty Mouse

2. Jon Jones

3. GSP

4. Anderson Silva

5. Fedor

jesus h christ

it doesnt matter if its public, secret, made it someones garden shed

IT IS STILL PROHIBITED!!!

Again, please go back and actually read what I have written.

If you create something in your cellar, only you and your mates down the gym know about it, IT IS STILL ON THE PROHIBITED LIST... Even if WADA dont know about it, IT IS STILL ON THE PROHIBITED LIST

If you actually read what I posted (specifically S0 category) you would understand this

Jones and Silva still Top 5 no matter what. No matter how much you cry about it they are still top 5 all time.

I personally think its time sport embraces the advancements of medicine and have a legal system that people can follow to use certain things.. But it would have to be through official doctors(team doctors in other sports).. anything comes up outside of that, instaban. If sports can change equipment to make players better than why can't they use updated medicine if its legal and controlled.

when you get caught twice, the "how do you know if he was cheating earlier" question starts to look funny.

Back